Pak Army Defeated by Indian Media

kseeker

Retired
While most of the Indian media is gung-ho about Pakistan's deceptive peacenik intentions towards India, the Pakistan army is quietly preparing a media strategy for future war and aggressive standoff with India. But for the Pak Army, the Indian Army is not the main enemy but the Indian media. Indian television and print publications, whether they are news or entertainment, are available widely across Pakistan through both legitimate means and piracy. The Pak Army feels that this has demoralised Pakistan to the extent that it sees India as a formidable foe which cannot be defeated in war. It even states that Kargil War was lost because of the relentless media barrage praising the bravery of Indian troops, thus destroying the fighting spirit of the Pak Army. It believes that content emanating from India is also demoralising Pak society.

These startling revelations are part of the Pak Army's secret 'Green Book' accessed by The Sunday Standard. The 258-page book, edited by former Pak Army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani and circulated among Army officers, has advised Pakistani media to adopt some funny strategies like repeating lies, running one-sided stories or publishing biased photographs to counter Indian media during future wars between the two nations. It has also recommended that Pak Army must acquire a TV channel and a radio station for dissemination of propaganda.

It may sound hilarious but Muhammed Azam Asif, a serving Pak Major General and commander of an infantry division, has slammed Pakistani media in the book for not countering the penetration of Indian TV and newspapers effectively. Asif is of the view that Pak media doesn't have the credibility among the masses, forcing people to tune in to All India Radio, BBC and Indian satellite channels during a period of crisis or whenever an important event takes place. Citing the 1971 War, the 'Green Book' says the Indian media's primary goal is to defeat the enemy psychologically and disarm them morally.

"Our adversary has taken great bounds in acquiring media power and has been putting it to good use for her benefits. With a number of TV channels and remarkable advancement in information technology, India has attained a total electronic media supremacy over Pakistan," the Green Book says.

The book has called for a brainstorming session between Pak media and the Army saying if the nation is not motivated enough to withstand the aggression, it cannot aspire to preserve freedom. "In future wars, psychological operation will not be the only function which our media would be called upon to perform in the context of national security, but it would act as a bridge between forces and the people."

Interestingly, the 'Green Book' has asked Pak media to repeat lies during future conflicts and give only one aspect of a story to gain desired effects. It has also suggested that the Pak media must indulge in yellow journalism with scary headlines, fake pictures and interviews to support Pak army in any future war with India. Publishing biased photographs, presenting opinions as fact, using misleading headlines and wrongful attribution are some of the tools recommended to win the future war with India.

The 'Green Book', while analysing defeat in Kargil War, has accused the Pakistani media of giving up without putting up a fight against enemy media invasion. It has said on the other hand Indian media created war hysteria using cricketers, film actors and popular personalities to boost the morale of their troops.

"Pakistan decided to withdraw due to low morale of troop's heavy causalities and mounting international pressure. Pakistani Media failed to counter media invasion launched by India in Kargil... It lacked offensive posture and well coordinated and planned themes to raise the morale of the troops or to shield them against Indian propaganda," says the book.

By Yatish Yadav - NEW DELHI
Published: 15th Dec 2013 07:52:15 AM

Pak Army Defeated by Indian Media - The New Indian Express

Illusive

Country flag
If textbooks of schoolchildren were not enough for these guys, now they want to spread their lies legitimately through media using India as the bogey man yet again.

JBH22

They can always watch their crappy TV serials.

Just one of those threads where we miss Farhaan's words of wisdom.

@ Blackwater you read me where are the Purist?

dhananjay1

"It has also recommended that Pak Army must acquire a TV channel and a radio station for dissemination of propaganda." They already have Geo TV for that.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Maybe they have got some inspiration from Chinese and North Korean media.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
That's why I think SRK is the best propaganda weapon India has against Pakistan. (I distinctly remember having said this multiple times)

1. He is a muslim and a superstar : Indians are not anti-muslim
2. He acts in movies with over the top everything : Indians are liberal, fashionable, modern and rich.
3. He is not anti-Pak : muslims are not kept on a leash by shiv sainik types

==
To all of you Hindi movie haters, have a rethink :)

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
That's why I think SRK is the best propaganda weapon India has against Pakistan. (I distinctly remember having said this multiple times)

2. He acts in movies with over the top everything : Indians are liberal, fashionable, modern and rich.

==
Pakistanis are too clever not to think of it and not plan a counter against this.

They already say he is Hinduized Muslim who is just as Kafir as normal Hindus are.

The point is, there is no remedy to fix India's Pakistan problem than becoming more and more rich and deny them anything from us or fix them with force.

For SRK there is more risk of being abused by Hindus of India than impressing Pakistani Muslims.

The kind of stardom and expertise/intelligence his head is being ridden with, I doubt he can be told what not to say or do. He will pay the price of his deeds and Indians will pull him down like any other Indian regardless of his/her religion for talking soft on Pakistan. Especially when there is no need for us to talk. I mean for what ?? Are they our trade partners, strategic alliance, or a state we can not survive without being friend with ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistanis are too clever not to think of it and not plan a counter against this.

They already say he is Hinduized Muslim who is just as Kafir as normal Hindus are.

The point is, there is no remedy to fix India's Pakistan problem than becoming more and more rich and deny them anything from us or fix them with force.

For SRK there is more risk of being abused by Hindus of India than impressing Pakistani Muslims.

The kind of stardom and expertise/intelligence his head is being ridden with, I doubt he can be told what not to say or do. He will pay the price of his deeds and Indians will pull him down like any other Indian regardless of his/her religion for talking soft on Pakistan. Especially when there is no need for us to talk. I mean for what ?? Are they our trade partners, strategic alliance, or a state we can not survive without being friend with ?
From my interactions with Pakistanis off-line, they are all enamored by Bollywood. Even if you see online, Indians are supposedly anti-Bollywood, but in real world SRK sells, and sells big. :)

kseeker

Retired
'Pak Army needs TV channel to counter Indian propaganda'

The Pakistan Army, which is alleged to have huge business interests, must acquire a television channel to counter the growing penetration of Indian TV and news channels in the country, a senior army officer has suggested.

The unusual recommendation has been made in one of the strategy papers written for the prestigious 'Green Book' of the Pakistan Army that provides rare insights into its ongoing internal debates, The News daily reported today.

It said "Indian media invasion could not be countered during Kargil episode".

The strategy papers, written by uniformed professionals, are part of a special chapter in the Green Book titled 'Sub-conventional Warfare'.

While slamming the Pakistani media for not countering the penetration of Indian TV and newspapers effectively, Major General Muhammad Azam Asif, who commands an infantry division, has recommended that the Pakistan Army must acquire a television channel as well as a radio station to counter the "Indian propaganda".

Asif has claimed that the Pakistani media lacks credibility among the masses due to which the general public is compelled to tune in to All India Radio, the BBC and Indian satellite channels during a period of crisis or whenever an important event takes place, the media report said.

Citing the 1971 war between India and Pakistan, he has stated that the "primary aim of the Indian media was to defeat the enemy psychologically and disarm them morally".
The strategy paper penned for the Green Book by Asif has stated, "Our adversary (India) has taken big strides in acquiring media power and has been putting it to good use for her benefits."

"With a number of television channels and remarkable advancement in the information technology, India has attained a total electronic media supremacy over Pakistan."
Therefore, he has called for a brainstorming session between the Pakistani media and the Pakistan Army, saying if the nation is not motivated enough to withstand the aggression, it cannot aspire to preserve freedom.

The Green Book is published every two years by the General Headquarters (GHQ) of the Pakistan Army as an internal publication which, as a matter of principle, is kept confidential from the general public.

An army official said, while requesting anonymity, that the Green Book does not necessarily represent the official viewpoint of the institution of the army.

Many serving senior army officers have expressed concerns in their strategy papers that Indian TV and print publications (news or entertainment) are available widely across Pakistan through both legitimate means and piracy, the report said.

And there is a feeling in khaki circles that the growing penetration of the Indian TV channels has demoralised the Pakistani nation to the extent that India is seen as a formidable foe which cannot be defeated in war, it said.

The Green Book has even claimed that the Kargil war of 1999 was lost by Pakistan because of the relentless media barrage praising the bravery of the Indian troops, thus destroying the fighting spirit of the Pakistan Army.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:pound: :pound: :pound:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
From my interactions with Pakistanis off-line, they are all enamored by Bollywood. Even if you see online, Indians are supposedly anti-Bollywood, but in real world SRK sells, and sells big. :)
I understand what you are saying, but the problem is in this very revelation.

Those who are impress with anything good of India including SRK, they are minority, too timid to be vocal about it, may change their position in seconds when called out by mullahs especially on national channels, are of no benefit to us as they are irrelevant to those who make policies for India in Pakistan. Pakistanis are thankless, mean community, they have excuse for every single misery of their's but never a gut to admit their mistakes or give appreciation where it is due.

Any women who like dancing or bollywood is Shia to them and any person who talk sense vis a vis relationship with India is a traitor. I mean they have propaganda line for everything. Then they have nuclear bammbb to negate every or any advantage we have against them :p.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I understand what you are saying, but the problem is in this very revelation.

Those who are impress with anything good of India including SRK, they are minority, too timid to be vocal about it, may change their position in seconds when called out by mullahs especially on national channels, are of no benefit to us as they are irrelevant to those who make policies for India in Pakistan. Pakistanis are thankless, mean community, they have excuse for every single misery of their's but never a gut to admit their mistakes or give appreciation where it is due.

Any women who like dancing or bollywood is Shia to them and any person who talk sense vis a vis relationship with India is a traitor. I mean they have propaganda line for everything. Then they have nuclear bammbb to negate every or any advantage we have against them :p.
Lets not conflate online world or the establishment line with what actually happens.

Okay go online, search for live streams of Pakistani channels, they will be of roughly three types: Mujra, Indian or News. On mujra they are dancing to Indian songs, and on News, in advertisements its Indian stars who are selling stuff.

I have attended those Indian film awards night abroad, Pakistanis outnumber Indians 2:1.

pkroyal

==
This Channel sponsored by Pak army is bound to fail

I]Sarkari[/I] version of of any ICE ( Information, Communication & Entertainment) is inherently flawed as they have a narrow agenda which goes down like soapy water in the public domain.

The guys who head it are not creative, have little passion for this kind of a job & are eager to please their masters.

Content in any viewership is the King, in this arrangement everything else will take priority over content.

Talent in ICE is attracted where there is money & recognition (by the masses), when we talk of money it is big money, TV actors at their peak may earn by the hour ( Rs 20,000/- to 30,000/-), for a day's shooting upto 2-3 lacs. This is related to sponsors who push people by their adverts to lead a hedonistic lifestyle including copious consumption. No sponsor gives a damn to a rigged channel.

Why does DD make a mess of even the simplest event?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles