PAF JF-17 Thunder Crashed in Attock

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag

A.V.

Sorry to hear this , a new platform does have some issues i am sure this will be looked into and fixed.

Having said that i am still blaming PAF and the pakistani establishment to rush the production line for JF 17 , they might mock us for our delays but at the end a lot of flight tests is better than induction issues later on.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ ON the contrary, actually I am not sorry to hear this at all. If the pilot had died I would have been sorry at the loss of life. But I am not sorry at the loss of the aircraft. Good riddance to the Thunder-Bandar.

Poseidon

Country flag
The good news is the pilot has ejected & is safe.Surely this crash will put some water on the ego of Pakistanis.

A Pakistani news channel reporting that the pilot is dead.
RIP.

Last edited:

Pintu

Pilot dies in PAF aircraft crash

Pilot dies in PAF aircraft crash

Updated 1 hour ago

ATTOCK: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft, which was on a routine operational training mission crashed in Attock Distrct , also killing its pilot, Geo News, reported Monday.

According to PAF spokesman, an aircraft was on its routine training flight when it suddenly crashed near Hazro Tehsil. There were no reports of damage as the crash site is a mountainous region.

Rescue teams reached the site soon after the incident while an investigation board has been set up to investigate the crash.

Pintu

PAF aircraft crashes in Attock – The Express Tribune

PAF aircraft crashes in Attock

Published: November 14, 2011

Pilot was unharmed as he ejected himself from the aircraft before it crashed into the ground.

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft crashed in the Attock district on Monday.

The pilot's body was recovered 2km away from the site of the crash. Initial reports suggested that he was unharmed as he ejected himself from the aircraft before the crash. However, officials have confirmed the pilot's death.

The cause of the crash is not yet known, however, army and airport officials are approaching the area to collect the debris of the plane and launch an inquiry.

The aircraft crashed along the countryside of the Attock district, near Khyber Pakhtunkhwa- Punjab border.

Sources said the aircraft was being used by the PAF during a training exercise.

Pintu

R.I.P. for the dead , real cause will be known only after the inquiry. BTW, if the problem is not rectified and accidents continue to occur, then it will very much dent the process of marketing it, which they trying to desperately.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
PAF JF17 Aircraft Crashes In Attock

PAF JF17 Aircraft Crashes In Attock

ATTOCK: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) JF17 jet crashed into Mullah Mansoor mountain in Attock on Monday. The jet was on a routine operational training mission when it crashed, killing the pilot on board.

Rescue teams found the body of Squadron Leader Mohammad Hussain three kilometers from the crash site.

Media reports had earlier stated that the pilot was safe after the jet had crashed on Mullah Mansoor mountains near Mansar Town after taking off from Kamra Airbase.

A regimental centre of the Pakistan Army known as AK Regimental Center is also located at Mansar.

The authorities have so far not given the reason for the crash.

PAF authorities dispatched helicopters and rescue teams to the crash site. The fire was put out by locals and the rescue teams.

Police have cordoned off the area and rescue teams have launched an operation to clear the debris.

An investigation board has been set up to probe the matter.

PAF JF17 aircraft crashes in Attock – The Express Tribune

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
RIP to pilot..................... Junk fighter is falling so fast, they didnt even wait for IAF.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
RIP ......

I am sorry for the pilot who paid with his life because of the ego of his superiors....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Switching over to PDF to troll and get banned eh?

JF17, soon to be flying coffin of Pak, it's based on MiG 21 anyways.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
JF17, soon to be flying coffin of Pak, it's based on MiG 21 anyways.
Yusuf at least Mig 21 has seen combat, Junk fighter yet to meet IAF, look what is happening to it, BTW i saw news report pilot died because para shoot failed. If i remember correctly chines made first production fighter within 1000 days of the first test flight. That shows the quality of fighter.

oh forget it was cheap-cheap fighter.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Would you guys be saying RIP to a Paki soldier/pilot in an event of a war?

We have been at war with them overt covert. None of my sympathies with the dead pilot and his families. One fighter and pilot less for India to contend with.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Joint Pak-China developed JF-17 Thunder jet crashes; pilot killed - Indian Express

A Pakistan Air Force jet, believed to be a frontline JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft, crashed during a training flight in Punjab province today, killing the pilot.
The pilot, Squadron Leader Muhammad Hussain, was killed as his parachute failed to open after he bailed out of the aircraft, Geo News channel reported.
Pakistan has been promoting the JF-17, which it developed jointly with China, as a low cost combat aircraft for

developing countries.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
R I P to the pilot..

Sound like engine problem, RD-33 is a Russian engine, Same engine use in IAF Mig-29s, Reliable and good but i assume PAF been using Chinese or east block spare parts, IAF use Russian spares for MIG-29s..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Imagine, Seat ejected and guy in air without parachute, that`s hurt !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles