Over 30 Taliban men sneak into J&K: NDTV exclusive

Flint

Nazir Masoodi
Tuesday, April 07, 2009, (Srinagar)
Has the worst nightmare for security forces come true? Is the Taliban now in Kashmir? There are reports that about 30 Taliban fighters have sneaked into Kashmir.

Intercepted conversations now available with NDTV between two Lashkar operatives says a large group of Taliban fighters may have sneaked into the Valley last fortnight.

Radio talk between Lashkar operatives intercepted

Transcripts of the taped conversations available with NDTV show that the Lashkar is in fact worried about Taliban presence in Kashmir.

Transcript of the intercepted conversation:
LeT man 1: What were you saying?
LeT man 2: I was saying that new people who have come are all Taliban. They are only talking about killing and getting killed. We are very disturbed because of them.
LeT man 1: Throw them out from there.
LeT man 2: For that I will have to speak to 'Big Brother'.
LeT man 1: Ok

It's worrying factor that Taliban is so close from India? Approximately 220 km is the distance between the Taliban dominated areas of NWFP in Pakistan and the Line of Control.

Home Minister P Chidambaram has commented on the infiltration threat and said that different terrorist organisations are working in tandem.

"Yes we are concerned. There is a determined effort to infiltrate across the international border, the distinction between the different organisations has disappeared. Security in the state has been incresed to an all time high, to address the concern of the locals. But our security forces are alert and they've been able to neutralise these infiltrators in the last 3-4 weeks. And I am confident that with the heightened sense of vigilance and alertness they will be able to neutralise infiltrators across the border," said P Chidambaram, Union Home Minister.
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20090090028&ch=47200954400PM

ZOOM

Founding Member
Taliban and all other terror outfits with whom our forces have been fighting since decades has no difference. Just because terrorist hailing from Taliban, it doesn't make them invariably formidable for Indian Army and BSF.

All those 30 talibani insects will going to met with similar fate as meted out to all other terrorist which have been shown the road of graveyard since last decades.

ZOOM

Founding Member
And yes forgotten add, our media is only going overboard with Taliban arrival.

Flint

Well, its a worrying development nevertheless. If Pakistan cannot contain the Taliban they will definitely try to cross over into Kashmir.

ZOOM

Founding Member
Well, its a worrying development nevertheless. If Pakistan cannot contain the Taliban they will definitely try to cross over into Kashmir.
So you mean that all these days whatever terror outfits which were crossing LOC were meating with some stern resistance from Pakistan?

Well Pakistani will more then happy enough to let them inside India.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag

Nazir Masoodi
Tuesday, April 07, 2009, (Srinagar)
Has the worst nightmare for security forces come true? Is the Taliban now in Kashmir? There are reports that about 30 Taliban fighters have sneaked into Kashmir.

Intercepted conversations now available with NDTV between two Lashkar operatives says a large group of Taliban fighters may have sneaked into the Valley last fortnight.

Radio talk between Lashkar operatives intercepted

Transcripts of the taped conversations available with NDTV show that the Lashkar is in fact worried about Taliban presence in Kashmir.

Transcript of the intercepted conversation:
LeT man 1: What were you saying?
LeT man 2: I was saying that new people who have come are all Taliban. They are only talking about killing and getting killed. We are very disturbed because of them.
LeT man 1: Throw them out from there.
LeT man 2: For that I will have to speak to 'Big Brother'.
LeT man 1: Ok

It's worrying factor that Taliban is so close from India? Approximately 220 km is the distance between the Taliban dominated areas of NWFP in Pakistan and the Line of Control.

Home Minister P Chidambaram has commented on the infiltration threat and said that different terrorist organisations are working in tandem.

"Yes we are concerned. There is a determined effort to infiltrate across the international border, the distinction between the different organisations has disappeared. Security in the state has been incresed to an all time high, to address the concern of the locals. But our security forces are alert and they've been able to neutralise these infiltrators in the last 3-4 weeks. And I am confident that with the heightened sense of vigilance and alertness they will be able to neutralise infiltrators across the border," said P Chidambaram, Union Home Minister.
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20090090028&ch=47200954400PM
Funny :coffee_spray:

So the Taliban are here....

Flint

So you mean that all these days whatever terror outfits which were crossing LOC were meating with some stern resistance from Pakistan?

Well Pakistani will more then happy enough to let them inside India.
No, till now Taliban was not present in Kashmir IMO. It was LeT, JeM, mostly these Punjabi dominated outfits.

Taliban fighters in Kashmir is definitely a worrying development, and I think its probably the nightmare scenario for the entire region.

ZOOM

Founding Member
No, till now Taliban was not present in Kashmir IMO. It was LeT, JeM, mostly these Punjabi dominated outfits.

Taliban fighters in Kashmir is definitely a worrying development, and I think its probably the nightmare scenario for the entire region.
Just because their origin were different, it doesn't make difference in their objectives. It is all about hype with word "Taliban". When entire country like Pakistan waging a Terror war against india then what makes things much more severe with the addition of Taliban.

Pintu

I agree with you Zoom , since all the other Terrorist Groups operating in Kashmir, are the sides of a same coin, I can n't find any differences between them. However there is one point, that LeT is worried about Taliban, since Taliban openly opposed for LeT, JeM, HM operating in Pakistan, its because, Taliban believed that they are not acting against stopping Pakistan its 'crackdown'(if really any crack down going on?) and only working against India, I think Taliban opposed them for being Pakistan's 'agent'.

Pintu

However, I am confident and deep regard and faith to our brave army that they will throw them out. Also, a new dimension started in Kashmir, that's the infighting between the Taliban and the Pak-backed terrorists.

Flint

Just because their origin were different, it doesn't make difference in their objectives. It is all about hype with word "Taliban". When entire country like Pakistan waging a Terror war against india then what makes things much more severe with the addition of Taliban.
They are different. They are Afghans, and they operate via drug money. They are far more ruthless and nihilistic than the Punjab based groups.
More importantly, they cannot be controlled by Pakistan.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Taliban and all other terror outfits with whom our forces have been fighting since decades has no difference. Just because terrorist hailing from Taliban, it doesn't make them invariably formidable for Indian Army and BSF.

All those 30 talibani insects will going to met with similar fate as meted out to all other terrorist which have been shown the road of graveyard since last decades.
I completely agree with ZOOM flint, they are the same who are fighting here. DDM at it's true dorkiness. So what does they are trying to say send only LeT and jaish thugs here not the pious talibunnie or what. There is no difference between a murderers, let them face a real army. They will be killed mercilessly.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Their objectives aren't different, but the approach. LeT, JeM etc don't carry the banner of Islam so jealously as Taliban, the Pushtun fanatics. Yes, LeT, JeM do use Islam, but as a subtext, primary goal being 'azad' Kashmir. Also, Talibans are merciless, even to Muslim inhabitants who don't follow 'proper' path of 'true' Islam. So, this new development would very likely to escalate the violence (which is cooperatively lower than before for sometime) in the valley, not only for security people, but for civilians too.

Our security personnel there can get rid of them, I'm sure. But if this becomes a trend, it will be quite a dire situation at our hand.

Flint

I completely agree with ZOOM flint, they are the same who are fighting here. DDM at it's true dorkiness. So what does they are trying to say send only LeT and jaish thugs here not the pious talibunnie or what. There is no difference between a murderers, let them face a real army. They will be killed mercilessly.
Nitesh I'm sure they will be killed, but...the implications.....

Think of the difference between a garden hose and a fire hose.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nitesh I'm sure they will be killed, but...the implications.....

Think of the difference between a garden hose and a fire hose.
Flint tell me honestly do you really think there is difference between all these terrorists. All are same coward murderers. These NDTV dorkies are crying hoax and making those talibunnies thugs look like some great n nothing else. As I said let them fight a real army and then they will know what war is.

There is absolutely no need to think anything different all the groups are same ready to die for there 72's.

Pintu

I agree with you Nitesh, Terrorists are terrorists, there is no difference between them.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Their objectives aren't different, but the approach. LeT, JeM etc don't carry the banner of Islam so jealously as Taliban, the Pushtun fanatics. Yes, LeT, JeM do use Islam, but as a subtext, primary goal being 'azad' Kashmir. Also, Talibans are merciless, even to Muslim inhabitants who don't follow 'proper' path of 'true' Islam. So, this new development would very likely to escalate the violence (which is cooperatively lower than before for sometime) in the valley, not only for security people, but for civilians too.

Our security personnel there can get rid of them, I'm sure. But if this becomes a trend, it will be quite a dire situation at our hand.
Jackprince I say it might be a blessing in disguice let the kashmiris see the piousness firsthand then they will realise what is good for them. what u say.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
I have no doubt in the Indian Security Forces ability to track down and destroy those that have crossed the border (if any actually have), although it is a highly worrying development. It shows the rise in power that they have enjoyed while the GoP sat back and let them take over swathes of their country if nothing else.

One has to wonder about why they would even bother crossing into India though, although it is far too early to get any real idea (aside from speculating about wider strategic aims and the like).

Actually does anyone have any idea what group of the Taliban these men come from?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I have no doubt in the Indian Security Forces ability to track down and destroy those that have crossed the border (if any actually have), although it is a highly worrying development. It shows the rise in power that they have enjoyed while the GoP sat back and let them take over swathes of their country if nothing else.

One has to wonder about why they would even bother crossing into India though, although it is far too early to get any real idea (aside from speculating about wider strategic aims and the like).

Actually does anyone have any idea what group of the Taliban these men come from?
Sorry I got distracted while typing and typed some nonsense (nonsense portion deleted).

It is your government's dual policies who has given these guys so much of power. First you used them as your tools against soviets. And once they started biting you you are trying to fight with the ally who use them as there proxies. Come on wake up

Pintu

The Lashkar -e- Tayiba or Army of Pure is based on Wahabbism, and their main objective is to create an Islamic State in South Asia. May be Talibans and Lashkar are different in their compositions but bigger ideology of Lashkar and that of Talibans are same both of them are to create Islamic state.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles