Osama bin Laden 'protected by Pakistan in return for Saudi cash

A.V.

Osama bin Laden 'protected by Pakistan in return for Saudi cash' - Telegraph

Osama bin Laden was protected by elements of Pakistan's security apparatus in return for millions of dollars of Saudi cash, according to a controversial new account of the operation to kill the world's most wanted man.[/h]

Raelynn Hillhouse, an American security analyst, claims his whereabouts were finally revealed when a Pakistani intelligence officer came forward to claim the $25m (£15 million) bounty on the al-Qaeda leader's head.

Her version, based on evidence from sources in what she calls the "intelligence community", contradicts the official account that bin Laden was tracked down through his trusted courier.

Pakistani officials have always denied that bin Laden was sheltered or that Islamabad had any knowledge of the secret mission that killed him.

But Dr Hillhouse, who is known for her links to private military contractors that work extensively with the CIA, says Pakistan gave permission for a covert mission which would then be covered up by claiming bin Laden had been killed in a drone strike.

"The [Inter-Services Intelligence] officer came forward to claim the substantial reward and to broker US citizenship for his family," she writes on her intelligence blog, The Spy Who Billed Me.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Pak Land never ceases to amaze me!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pak official tipped US about Osama whereabouts to get citizenship: Report

A Pak officer, who wished to secure American citizenship for his family, gave details of Osama's whereabouts to the US, in a deal worth USD 25 million.

http://toi.in/hjuTMY

Saudis paid money to keep OBL hidden in A'bad?? Very very interesting.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
....for a few dollars more!

the civil govt could sell the country for $$$
the army could sell the country for $$$
the ISI could sell the country for $$$

so what happend if an office could sell UBL for $$$

SHASH2K2

For American citizenship, Pak official tipped US about Osama's whereabouts: Report

LONDON: A Pakistani intelligence officer, who wished to secure American citizenship for his family, gave details of Osama bin-Laden's whereabouts to the US, in a deal worth USD 25 million.

The Pakistani officer also informed the US officials that Saudis were paying off Pakistan and ISI to keep bin Laden hidden in the Abbotabad compound, the Daily Mail reported.

The paper said this account disputes widely published reports that a courier working for bin Laden was the catalyst for the famous Navy SEAL Team Six mission.

The deal, the Mail said, included the roughly USD 25 million reward offered by the State Department for information leading to the capture dead or alive of the al-Qaida leader, who was billed as the world's most wanted terrorist.

The State Department said it would not comment on the report.

But the report quoted to a blog claimed Pakistani military, as well as the spy agency ISI, not only knew about the American raid, but also cooperated.

Blackwater

Nothing new to pakistani. They are doing this since inception in 1947. No wonder an american senator says (translated)" Yeah pakistani to 20 dollars me apni maa ko bhi baaech dete ha".

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
A Pak officer, who wished to secure American citizenship for his family, gave details of Osama's whereabouts to the US, in a deal worth USD 25 million.

For American citizenship, Pak official tipped US about Osama's whereabouts: Report - The Times of India

Saudis paid money to keep OBL hidden in A'bad?? Very very interesting.
Interesting. ISI will eventually know who that is (by going through emigration records, citizenship records, etc., and narrowing down their searches) and then AQ will get that information passed on to it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One cannot take this tale at its face value.

It maybe a US attempt to restore the credibility of the Pak Govt, the ISI and their Army.

If the ISI chap informs about OBL, then it means that he has 'ratted' on his own organisation.

If the organisation ISI was shielding OBL for Saudi cash, then why should they also help the US to kill OBL, whereby Pakistan becomes a double crosser?

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Nothing surprising. Saudi Arabia is known to support almost every form of Jihadi terrorism on the planet while offering shallow lip service on the face. During Chechen wars, Saudis backed and even hit Ibn Khattab the most wanted Saudi-born terrorist, by the Russian forces.

No wonder Ram Jethmalani got pissed one day and came out with "Jihadi terror started first with Saudi Arabia". :lol:.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Hard it believe because if it would be true Pakistan would have been turned into ashes before general public come to know about this information, to the best it is the authors guess without proven evidence

P.S. if it is really true India should initiate a cash payment plan to buy Kashmir instead of spending on Kashmir protection with all the causalities.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The name of this nation Saudi Arabia always crops up in my thoughts whenever there is terror attack in any part of the world. It started with the World Trade Centre which I believe(Have no proof) was the work of SA elements in collaboration with some US officials in order to drag USA into WOT as a coverup to bring the war into Iraq whereas that would lead to overthrow of Saddam, who had been irritant to GOSA.

Why is it that only those terrorist who hijacked US Airliners came from SA and no more terrorist has come from SA after the WTC episode? Even the toppling of regimes in MiddleEast in the present time is being carried out against all those countries whose rulers were once opposed to SA Kingdom. SA acts behind the scene and does not make much noise to stay out of the limelight while paying off others to accomplish its geo political goal. My gut feeling is this new rulers in most of the Middle East will have to be of SA choice or else say good bye to your plans. My comments might be off topic and some of you might not agree with it . I would welcome your individual critiques to my points.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles