Origin of Rajputs

bennedose

Lithuanian and sanskrit have close similarities.
http://vilnews.com/2011-04-incredible-indian-lithuanian-relations-2

Lithuania was converted to Christianity about 800 years ago.
Christianization of Lithuania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Christianization of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos krikÅ¡tas) – Christianization of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania that took place in 1387, initiated by the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania Jogaila and his cousin Vytautas, that signified the official adoption of Christianity by Lithuanians, the last pagan nation in Europe. This event ended one of the most complicated and lengthiest processes of Christianization in European history.

RajputPride

Hey folks, I have been in the UK all my life so I do not know much about this subject however my father is a Tomar Rajput and my mother is a Kachawa Rajputs. They are both Bihari however there great grandparents immigrated to Bihar from Rajasthan and according to my parents they still have relatives in Rajasthan. I would be really thankful if someone could explain the origins of the Kachawa and the Tomara and whether or not they are indigenous. Thanks.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Hey folks, I have been in the UK all my life so I do not know much about this subject however my father is a Tomar Rajput and my mother is a Kachawa Rajputs. They are both Bihari however there great grandparents immigrated to Bihar from Rajasthan and according to my parents they still have relatives in Rajasthan. I would be really thankful if someone could explain the origins of the Kachawa and the Tomara and whether or not they are indigenous. Thanks.
@Virendra to the rescue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@Virendra to the rescue.
Kachwahas are Suryavanshi Kshatriyas and obviously indigenous.
Kachwaha is a mutated version of 'Kacchapaghata'. The Kacchapaghata dynasty ruled in chambal valley regions of present Madhya Pradesh during the 10th and 11th century.
The post-Harsha polity of north India was not only fragmented but fluid as well. Various powers rose and declined .. new clans came out of the old ones .. people migrated.
Kacchapaghata rose to prominence by wresting Gwalior fort from Gurjara-Pratiharas. Other centres ruled by them were Narwar and Kutwar.
Their territory was almost always sandwiched between Chandels to the East, Paramars in south, Chauhans flanking on west.
Nagda's Vaishnava temple aka Sas Bahu temple (in Rajasthan) has an inscription dated A.D. 1093 that throws light thus on their achievements:
-- "Vajradaman (A.D. 975-1000) put down the rising power of Gadhinagara". Here Gadhinagara/Gadhipura is the old name of Kannauj. This reference is to Gadhavals.
This King fought against Mahmud Ghazni, alongside Anangpal Tomara of Delhi and died in that battle.
The said inscription provides full geneology of this dynasty till the end of 11th century.

In the 12th century the Kachhwahas migrated from Gwalior-Narwar to Dhundhar in modern Rajasthan. They built the massive fort at Amber, and later shifted the capital to Jaipur.
Unlike Rathor's movement from UP to Rajasthan in the aftermath of Ghori-Jaichand battle; this migration was not a sudden one.
It happened as a result of gradual westward expansion by the Kachwaha rulers from their stronghold MP into East Rajasthan.
Later in the medieval centuries Muzaffarnagar-Bulandshehr-Meerut-Mathura were also populated by Kachwaha nobles.

Kachwahas migration to Bihar also is not a one time act.
There have been multiple waves and medieval events like Man Singh's tenure as Viceroy of Bihar-Bengal only played a part in it.
He also held extensive jagirs in Bihar which means that he had to settle down some of his people there.
Many families in Bihar even today trace their roots in Rajputana and the migration therefrom.
The man who laid down the Architecture of Jaipur (new Capital of Kachwahas) in early 18th century was a Bengali brahmin.
One of the theories even affixes the origin of Kachwahas from a place near Son river in Bihar.

Will post on Tomars later.

Regards,
Virendra

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
@Virendra
My ancestors migrated from karauli in 1920.
I visited karauli last year and after this visit i am happy that my ancestors left that place.
There was nothing accept those big red mountain and weird looking land :troll:
There were very less people in that area and all of them were speaking very harsh hindi.
I mean i myself speak haryanvi but there rajasthani language was harsh and they were not helpful at all.

RajputPride

Kachwahas are Suryavanshi Kshatriyas and obviously indigenous.
Kachwaha is a mutated version of 'Kacchapaghata'. The Kacchapaghata dynasty ruled in chambal valley regions of present Madhya Pradesh during the 10th and 11th century.
The post-Harsha polity of north India was not only fragmented but fluid as well. Various powers rose and declined .. new clans came out of the old ones .. people migrated.
Kacchapaghata rose to prominence by wresting Gwalior fort from Gurjara-Pratiharas. Other centres ruled by them were Narwar and Kutwar.
Their territory was almost always sandwiched between Chandels to the East, Paramars in south, Chauhans flanking on west.
Nagda's Vaishnava temple aka Sas Bahu temple (in Rajasthan) has an inscription dated A.D. 1093 that throws light thus on their achievements:
-- "Vajradaman (A.D. 975-1000) put down the rising power of Gadhinagara". Here Gadhinagara/Gadhipura is the old name of Kannauj. This reference is to Gadhavals.
This King fought against Mahmud Ghazni, alongside Anangpal Tomara of Delhi and died in that battle.
The said inscription provides full geneology of this dynasty till the end of 11th century.

In the 12th century the Kachhwahas migrated from Gwalior-Narwar to Dhundhar in modern Rajasthan. They built the massive fort at Amber, and later shifted the capital to Jaipur.
Unlike Rathor's movement from UP to Rajasthan in the aftermath of Ghori-Jaichand battle; this migration was not a sudden one.
It happened as a result of gradual westward expansion by the Kachwaha rulers from their stronghold MP into East Rajasthan.
Later in the medieval centuries Muzaffarnagar-Bulandshehr-Meerut-Mathura were also populated by Kachwaha nobles.

Kachwahas migration to Bihar also is not a one time act.
There have been multiple waves and medieval events like Man Singh's tenure as Viceroy of Bihar-Bengal only played a part in it.
He also held extensive jagirs in Bihar which means that he had to settle down some of his people there.
Many families in Bihar even today trace their roots in Rajputana and the migration therefrom.
The man who laid down the Architecture of Jaipur (new Capital of Kachwahas) in early 18th century was a Bengali brahmin.
One of the theories even affixes the origin of Kachwahas from a place near Son river in Bihar.

Will post on Tomars later.

Regards,
Virendra
Thank you for the detailed post very much appreciate it, may I ask since you have such knowledge on the topic, are you Rajput yourself?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@Virendra
My ancestors migrated from karauli in 1920.
I visited karauli last year and after this visit i am happy that my ancestors left that place.
There was nothing accept those big red mountain and weird looking land :troll:
There were very less people in that area and all of them were speaking very harsh hindi.
I mean i myself speak haryanvi but there rajasthani language was harsh and they were not helpful at all.
Time is a big force and it acts on physical entities the quickest. Yeah a lot of places have turned into ruins.
Some of them were important trading centres and lavish cities in their times. When people and resources turn away, they all meet the same fate.
As far as the language is concerned, you can visit Jodhpur and change your opinion by 180 degrees :D

Regards,
Virendra

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed post very much appreciate it, may I ask since you have such knowledge on the topic, are you Rajput yourself?
Yes. I am a Mertiya Rathore. My ancestral gotra is Akharsinghot and vedic gotra is Gautam So Gotra.
I only have patchy knowledge but deep interest in - medieval, military, rajput history.

pkroyal

just for learning

Is there any genealogy of a Muslim Rajput as some people claim ?

Last edited:

Phantom

Lithuanian and sanskrit have close similarities.
http://vilnews.com/2011-04-incredible-indian-lithuanian-relations-2

Lithuania was converted to Christianity about 800 years ago.
Christianization of Lithuania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That ToI article has a lot of disinformation going with it.

The Romuva is a Lituanian pagan religion which started independent of any Rajputs and Rajput traditions. The followers of Romuva are Ethnic Slavs even today, and Rajputs weren't Slavs.

Although the Romuva religion does share similarities with Vedic rites owing to it's commonality with Proto-Indo-European religion, any Hindu/Buddhist elements in Romuva today were retconned in the 19th Century.

Btw, are you from Davangere?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Time is a big force and it acts on physical entities the quickest. Yeah a lot of places have turned into ruins.
Some of them were important trading centres and lavish cities in their times. When people and resources turn away, they all meet the same fate.
As far as the language is concerned, you can visit Jodhpur and change your opinion by 180 degrees :D

Regards,
Virendra
Planning to visit Jaipur in 2014

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
That ToI article has a lot of disinformation going with it.

The Romuva is a Lituanian pagan religion which started independent of any Rajputs and Rajput traditions. The followers of Romuva are Ethnic Slavs even today, and Rajputs weren't Slavs.

Although the Romuva religion does share similarities with Vedic rites owing to it's commonality with Proto-Indo-European religion, any Hindu/Buddhist elements in Romuva today were retconned in the 19th Century.

Btw, are you from Davangere?
Lithuanians do say that the vedic religion came to India from them and they are Aryans tribes and do believe in the Aryan theory .

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
The language connection is literally phenomenal (also for Swedish & nearby languages) :

fire in Lithianian is UGNIS
Swedish word for oven is "UGN"
Swedish word for "connection", "relation", is "SAMBAND"
Sanksrit: Deva is Dievas in Lithuanian on lines of Latvian Dievs, Prussian Deiwas, Germanic Tiwaz, Latin deus
Russian word for fire is OGNI
mother is MAT & so on.

Quoting from a news forum:

Lithuanian is part of proto Balto-Slavic. Check wikipedia for "distribution r1a" and check map- violet sea.
R1b are all Basque origins and this language is not IE. English Spanish French Italian are Vulgar Latin so theirs original language is not IE. Interesting is that Basque religion symbol is Lauburu, like svastika, and superior goddes Mari. Vedic Tara was also Terra Mari-mother of earth. Basque say that they left homeland west of Ural 15 000 years ago.
Adding few more:

SON: Sanskrit sunus - Lithuanian sunus

SHEEP: Sanskrit avis - Lithuanian avis

SOLE: Sanskrit padas - Lithuanian padas

MAN: Sanskrit viras - Lithuanian vyras

SMOKE: Sanskrit dhumas - Lithuanian dumas

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
A detailed study on these similarities is here

Prof. Sisirkumar Mitra, a prodigious scholar who made a deep study of the ancient world referred to a work called Priesistoririe Lietuva, by a Lithuanian archaeologist Pulk Tarasenka, which uncovered the following records from ancient Lithuania.

River names:

Nemuna (Yamuna), Tapti (Tapti), Narbudey (Narmada), Srobati (Saraswati)

Tribal or Clan names of the Lithuanians : Kuru, Puru, Yadav, Sudav

Gods or Deities: Indra, Varuna, Purakanya (Vedic Parjanya)

Language tree:

Also 'sata' (=100) in Finnish means the same in almost all Indian languages! But the source of this is obviously Sanskrit 'satam'.

Last edited:

Phantom

Lithuanians do say that the vedic religion came to India from them and they are Aryans tribes and do believe in the Aryan theory .
It's only this one xxxxx xxxxx saying this. The Lithuanians know fully well that they're Slavs, not Aryans. It cannot be denied though that their Pagan religion has a few elements in common with Vedic religion. It just points to a common origin for both religions, not a direct influence from us over them.

Mod: :nono: No personal attacks. Consider yourself warned.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's only this one crack-pot saying this. The Lithuanians know fully well that they're Slavs, not Aryans. It cannot be denied though that their Pagan religion has a few elements in common with Vedic religion. It just points to a common origin for both religions, not a direct influence from us over them.
The whole concept of Aryan Theory came from that part only which was even we were hearing from Hitler . And this concept is still followed in that part of the world and here its nothing but to show that they influenced even the vedic religion which is not true . It was mainly after the fall of Soviet Union they got sudden interest in Indians which was nothing but for the wider regional interest .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles