Ordinance Factories Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
This thread is dedicated for the discussion about Ordinance Factory Board.
There products and capabilities.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Here is the capacity of ammunition factory khadki
upload_2017-7-22_11-1-59.png

125 million rounds means 12+ crore rounds.

lcafanboy

Country flag
View attachment 18015
50% of all the production will be dud...

Rest could only be used for war exercise and for actual war we would need to import...

Why because of rampant corruption and incompetent reservation quota chaap employees who are not even eligible for bhangi job employed at tax payers expenses. I wish India had got independence after Nehru Jinnah Ambedkar and Gandhi's death.

Zero-Sum-Game

i dont wanna comment something unnecessary but it speaks volume about ofb capabilities when we have to import 7.62 * 54 mm ammunition for draganov and pkm machine guns because ofb can't manufacture it.

Khagesh

50% of all the production will be dud...

Rest could only be used for war exercise and for actual war we would need to import...

Why because of rampant corruption and incompetent reservation quota chaap employees who are not even eligible for bhangi job employed at tax payers expenses. I wish India had got independence after Nehru Jinnah Ambedkar and Gandhi's death.
Thoda sambhal ke bhai.

What if you are asked to play a game of Russian Roulette. First goli for Pakis and second (50% out of 2) for you.

Peace. But OFB cost of production is the reason why the defence budget spares the change for imports. If you buy everything at European costs then the budgetary provisions for whole of India will be able to guard only the borders of NCT of Delhi. :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
i dont wanna comment something unnecessary but it speaks volume about ofb capabilities when we have to import 7.62 * 54 mm ammunition for draganov and pkm machine guns because ofb can't manufacture it.
What is the source of this info that OFB cannot manufacture these particular rounds?

lcafanboy

Country flag
Thoda sambhal ke bhai.

What if you are asked to play a game of Russian Roulette. First goli for Pakis and second (50% out of 2) for you.

Peace. But OFB cost of production is the reason why the defence budget spares the change for imports. If you buy everything at European costs then the budgetary provisions for whole of India will be able to guard only the borders of NCT of Delhi. :)
Yeah and still we keep on importing.....:biggrin2:

A nation which has gone to Mars in first shot not able to produce 155mm Howitzer and to rub salt were sitting on TOT blueprints transferred by Bofors from 1987 and when produced Dhanush got failed due to Chinese Parts.........:pound::pound::pound:these idiots could not make these in house and they call themselves engineers.....gosh they were from reservation quota class so even if they are failed will get job through quota....:)

We still don't have quality assault rifles and are importing from Israel a nation not bigger than Mumbai-Thane districts due to these OFBs.

Now compare it with private firms, Baba Kalyani had in an interview stated they can produce 1 155mm howitzer gun per day if GOI gave them orders, Howcome they can do and OFBs can't? :):):)

And they made much better gun ATAGS 155mm 52 calibre in first shot without any TOT and these idiots had TOT and Blueprints still their product failed, that speaks for itself.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lcafanboy

Country flag
OFB website......If they make it,they would have updated in the website
They can just make marbles (GOTI or BANTE)

These Quota Chaaps are the reason Indian cities are dirty as 100% safi karamcharis are from these quota class a curse of Ambedkar to India. If they can't do bhangi work properly howcome you expect them to make guns and weapons............:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@lcafanboy how many Ammunition and other artillery manufacturer do we have in India that can take over if Production was to be privatised

lcafanboy

Country flag
@lcafanboy how many Ammunition and other artillery manufacturer do we have in India that can take over if Production was to be privatised
Since GOI didn't allowed any private company to make weapons there are none but situation can turn within a decade where we won't need to import any small weapons systems if GOI allows private companies to manufacture them and eventually take over OFBs through divestment. Also private companies can collaborate with foreign companies to bring Technologies.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Since GOI didn't allowed any private company to make weapons there are none but situation can turn within a decade where we won't need to import any small weapons systems if GOI allows private companies to manufacture them and eventually take over OFBs through divestment. Also private companies can collaborate with foreign companies to bring Technologies.
The sooner we get to that point the better.
I see this in almost all fields, government employed Babus are lazy and corrupted.
They join the field through corrupted means often feeding other Babus to become Babus themselves. Now having faced corruption first hand they're like "I paid to get here and u can't expect me to work honestly, I'm gonna get paid anyway".

Whereas on the other hand private firms is a place of competition, ain't getting paid until u work for it.
Sab kuch Privatise kar do.

Also there should be some hardcore punishment for any sort of frivolous mishandling of nations security.

This one picture can summarise the whole OFB

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
View attachment 18015
in how much time?

it's the both capability to build and capacity to build.

They join the field through corrupted means often feeding other Babus to become Babus themselves. Now having faced corruption first hand they're like "I paid to get here and u can't expect me to work honestly, I'm gonna get paid anyway".
only 30% of the bureaucracy is doing extensive hard work and have craze to do something. Otherwise they spend time signing doing the work below their actual output capacity.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
in how much time?

it's the both capability to build and capacity to build.
Unclear may be present capacity.We don't exact capacity or capability.
By the american counterparts(atk) make 1.2 billion rounds per year that mean 120 crore rounds.

falcon82

Country flag
The sooner we get to that point the better.
I see this in almost all fields, government employed Babus are lazy and corrupted.

Whereas on the other hand private firms is a place of competition, ain't getting paid until u work for it.
Sab kuch Privatise kar do.

Also there should be some hardcore punishment for any sort of frivolous mishandling of nations security.

This one picture can summarise the whole OFB

officers in the Union govt are selected through tough competitive written exams followed by interviews. The Union govt and its recruiting bodies like the UPSC, SSC, IBPS frame one of the toughest exams in India. Coming back to the OFB, the OFB is staffed with officers from the Indian Engineering Service and the Civil Services. Indian Engineering Service officers in the OFB have passed the coveted Indian Engineering Service Exam conducted by the UPSC. Please read the annual reports of the UPSC, officers selected through the Indian Engineering Service exams come from the most prestigious engineering universities and colleges of the country. Majority of IES officers are from IITs and NITs. Furthermore Indian ordinance factory service officers clear the prestigious civil services exam to join the OFB. Most of these officers also come from the most prestigious universities of our country, institutions like Delhi School of Economics, IITs, AIIMS, IIMs, St Stephens etc. Hence this story of govt servants paying bribes to get central govt jobs is nothing but a canard spread by ignorant individuals who have no idea about the polity and govt of our country

Khagesh

Yeah and still we keep on importing.....:biggrin2:

A nation which has gone to Mars in first shot not able to produce 155mm Howitzer and to rub salt were sitting on TOT blueprints transferred by Bofors from 1987 and when produced Dhanush got failed due to Chinese Parts.........:pound::pound::pound:these idiots could not make these in house and they call themselves engineers.....gosh they were from reservation quota class so even if they are failed will get job through quota....:)

We still don't have quality assault rifles and are importing from Israel a nation not bigger than Mumbai-Thane districts due to these OFBs.

Now compare it with private firms, Baba Kalyani had in an interview stated they can produce 1 155mm howitzer gun per day if GOI gave them orders, Howcome they can do and OFBs can't? :):):)

And they made much better gun ATAGS 155mm 52 calibre in first shot without any TOT and these idiots had TOT and Blueprints still their product failed, that speaks for itself.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Mandal vs. Kamandal may be your priority, it is not mine. Kamandal-dharis and their supporters, have sold Indian interests out since ages. Mandal-dharis are getting into the act only now.

Bharat 52 is a Noricum gun adapted to manufacturer's needs.
Tata 52 Cal is a Denel gun again adapted to manufacturer's needs.
DRDO (ARDE) ATAGS 52 Cal takes inputs from both of the above. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=Release Id :147091
OFB 45 Cal itself is a Swedish gun adapted to manufacturer's needs.

All of them are imports only. And personally I am unable to favour one over the other, based on origin. All three represent only a tech transfer and not tech control. Since howitzers are not the most difficult thing to do so perhaps a tech transfer level of understanding is ok. May be some even revel in this capability they have developed which seemingly requires Kamandal-dhari understanding of the high tech.

Only OFB gun has seen trails. Rest all are experiments at best today.

And lest you forget the Dhanush failure is being attributed to the Wire Race Roller Bearings. This is a component which was presumed by the authorities to be best bought from the Germans given the high tech nature of german existence. But the slavery got them nothing, because the authorities failed to even cross-check if the supposed German supplier even makes this component. Coincidently, the Wire Race Roller Bearing is not exactly a high tech piece of equipment. Furthermore there is more than enough demand to slide and roll equipment in India and the Indian companies too could have made it, but for the import fetish.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
We need a private company for ammunition manufacturing.
To make 1 crore bullets per day means 7000 rounds/min,
Most machines like cup case,bullet assembly,lead/steel slug have a capacity of 240 rounds/min that means 26-30 machines required to get required quantity.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Making 155mm caliber is labour intensive,but we can automate them by using lean forging machines.
First the steel is cut into pieces.
upload_2017-7-24_11-58-1.png

Then pre-heated with induction heater
upload_2017-7-24_11-59-43.png

And forged to the specific size
upload_2017-7-24_12-0-57.png

Once cooled the under part is welded using induction welding.
upload_2017-7-24_12-4-18.png

After this sand blasted and other heat treatments are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles