Orangi Town - The Largest Slum of Asia

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
as i said before i am only concerned about the evolutionary toilet in dharavi town
Dharavi Generates More than $1.5 Billion in Revenue (Growing at 15%+ ) - 100% Manufacturing.

Not a Single Pakistani Company has Revenue more than $1 Billion. :rofl:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Dharavi Generates More than $1.5 Billion in Revenue (Growing at 15%+ ) - 100% Manufacturing.

Not a Single Pakistani Company has Revenue more than $1 Billion. :rofl:
omg
ever heard about engro?
Leave pso with revenue worth 12 billions

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
omg
ever heard about engro?
Leave pso with revenue worth 12 billions
Set aside the Oil PSU of Government of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Show me any Manufacturing Company?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think this argument is pointless - each should improve themselves - become more like china where slums hardly exist

Blackwater

omg
ever heard about engro?
Leave [SIZE=3[SIZE=5]]pso with revenue worth 12 billions[[/SIZE][/SIZE]/QUOTE]

Pakistan State Oil 'on its knees', more blackouts threatened

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan State Oil may default on payments due this month unless state-run companies at least partially pay for their oil, a spokeswoman said on Thursday, putting energy supply at risk and threatening increased blackouts ahead of key elections.

The country's largest energy company said last week it would be dramatically cutting back on the amount of oil companies can buy on credit, an action that would worsen already daily power cuts.

The power shortages have sparked violent protests and crippled key industries, costing hundreds of thousands of jobs in a country already beset by high unemployment, poverty and a local Taliban insurgency.

Pakistan State Oil is owed $1.5 billion, mostly by the government electricity companies but also by the state airline and railways. It owes suppliers $1.23 billion.

Around two-thirds of Pakistan's energy is generated by oil and gas. There are also widespread gas shortages.

PSO said it had received payments of $200 million this month but needed another $250 million within a week to pay its creditors.

"We have a liquidity crisis and we need funds urgently to keep the wheels going. In case – god forbid – we can't pay the banks or our suppliers, it will be a problem for Pakistan," spokeswoman Mariam Shah told Reuters.

"We supply the airlines, we supply the defence forces, the government. If they start paying us on time, this kind of crisis would never ever emerge."

The power cuts typically become far worse in the sweltering summer months when fans and air conditioners are turned on full.

Elections are expected to be held in late spring and the dismal performance of the state-run power sector has been a repeated complaint from voters.

The cuts are the result of government-imposed rules that mean electricity companies must sell power below the cost it takes to generate it. The cash-strapped government is supposed to compensate the companies for the money they lose but only makes late and partial payments.

The problem is exacerbated by wealthy or influential consumers, including most government agencies, who refuse to pay huge utility bills for their homes and factories. The power companies then cannot pay suppliers like Pakistan State Oil for the fuel they use.

"This lack of payment has brought the nation's largest and most profitable public company to its knees and may consequently lead to a breakdown in the oil supply chain which will result in increased blackouts and load-shedding across the country," the company said in a statement last week.

The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources had appealed to the government to release extra funds, said spokesman Irfan Qazi.

"We have asked the Finance Ministry to release some of the amount to PSO so they could be saved from default," he said. "The Finance Ministry has been releasing funds piecemeal."

Pakistan State Oil 'on its knees', more blackouts threatened | Business | DAWN.COM

Zara sochiye farhaan miya:pound::pound:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
no worries - higher than himalayan friend has built high speed rail to gwadar port .- saudi oil will replace soon !

Blackwater

no worries - higher than himalayan friend has built high speed rail to gwadar port .- saudi oil will replace soon !
if saudi continue to give free oil in the name of islam to pakis than their oil reserve which is estimated to be for over in 100 yrs will be over in 20 yrs:pound::pound:

Zara sochiye saudis

Awesome

Orangi town is large and technically the municipal area has enough problems to classify the entire town as a slum, but its not in the same level as Dharavi, so one should not really compare. Karachi is the world's largest city (in terms of true metropolitan area). Orangi town is developed enough to not be considered a shanty town, but a part of the metropolitan.

Blackwater

Orangi town is large and technically the municipal area has enough problems to classify the entire town as a slum, but its not in the same level as Dharavi, so one should not really compare. Karachi is the world's largest city (in terms of true metropolitan area). Orangi town is developed enough to not be considered a shanty town, but a part of the metropolitan.
orangi is low class area and battle ground of ANP and MQM

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
It is Classified as the Largest Slum of Asia and Islamic World.

What is the Population of Karachi?

Awesome

It is Classified as the Largest Slum of Asia and Islamic World.

What is the Population of Karachi?
I think not, as in slum classification has to be done by local city government right? Hence I think ego problems would probably prevent that classification and I think some people have a perception that slum is only what you saw on Slum dog millionaire. I once went to this place called Nagin Churangi in Karachi and its better than these (bad) pictures of Orangi, but I'd still call it 'slummy' (if that was an adjective), but its not classified as such, and I'm guessing neither is Orangi Town. It is simply just considered (as Blackwater put it) a low class area.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles