Orangi Town - The Largest Slum of Asia

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Many believe Dharavi, India's largest slum in the heart of Mumbai, is also Asia's largest. Wrong, says a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) report. Karachi's Orangi township is Asia's largest slum.

"Dharavi is not Asia's largest slum. Karachi's Orangi Township has surpassed Dharavi," the Human Development Report for Mumbai, compiled with the help of UNDP and released by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), said.

The proposed Rs 9,260-crore Dharavi Redevelopment Project (DRP), drawn up by architect Mukesh Mehta and part of Maharashtra government's plan to transform Mumbai into an International Finance Centre, is yet to be implemented despite being approved in 2004. The DRP envisaged a residential area with schools, hospitals and other amenities, four commercial zones including a Gems and Jewellery district and a leather district for Dharavi. The slum's families were to be accommodated in 225 sq feet multi-storied tenements.

Orangi, not Dharavi, is AsiaÂ’s largest slum, claims UNDP - Indian Express

Orangi Town is the Largest Slum in Asia and the Islamic World.

Congrats to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian source :cry::cry:

had always supported posting on facts
why not we compare both the town with a google image search?
i guess you will support me

there you go

Orangi town
Sewrhi Baba Enterence

Rehman Baba Stadium , orangi town

10 number street orangi town

street number 4 orangi town

Orangi town 5 No bazar

darul uloom hanfia , orangi town

Illusive

Country flag
^^^ If i could post the image of your brain it'd be similar to this.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Bold difference between Orangi and dharavi town

*In orangi town they have roads,in dharavi town they don't know anything named as road
*in Orangi town they have bricks made proper home in dharavi town they live in tin made houses
*In orangi town they have they have toilets while in dharavi they go to either the big naala or 2nd one i saw in the slum dog millionaire movie..more of an evolution of present day toilet.
*In orangi town they have proper gas supply through pipesline to each and every home.while in dharavi town last time they heard of gas was under british rule

i will end this with a photo of each site

dharavi town
[video]http://www.fittofly.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dharavi.jpg[/video]

orangi

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^^ If i could post the image of your brain it'd be similar to this.

far away from the residency.and please go through my bold differences post as well

in the picture you can see proper houses unlike the tin made in dharavi town

Illusive

Country flag
far away from the residency.and please go through my bold differences post as well

in the picture you can see proper houses unlike the tin made in dharavi town
We know about dharavi and the world knows it, post only Orangi town pics or dont post at all.

Blackwater

*In orangi town they have roads,in dharavi town they don't know anything named as road
*in Orangi town they have bricks made proper home in dharavi town they live in tin made houses
*In orangi town they have they have toilets while in dharavi they go to either the big naala or 2nd one i saw in the slum dog millionaire movie..more of an evolution of present day toilet.
*In orangi town they have proper gas supply through pipesline to each and every home.while in dharavi town last time they heard of gas was under british rule

dharavi town

orangi
this flyover will not improve the fact. if u see clearly left and right side of flyover u can see slums and old area

Blackwater

dharavi town

orangi
dharavi has also brick houses, portable or common toilets and electric meter and gas connection even LCD tv in some houses saw in BBC documentary few months back

more over people dont everyday in dharavi, just like orangi town where 10 to 15 deaths a day is normal

Last edited:

Blackwater

dharavi town

orangi
a video for you which contradicting all your statement

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
dharavi has also brick houses, portable or common toilets and electric meter and gas connection even LCD tv in some houses saw in BBC documentary few months back

more over people dont everyday in dharavi, just like orangi town where 10 to 15 deaths a day is normal
i could not see any brick house.

you watched the slumdog millionaire movie?you must have also seen the evolution of present day toilets in the movie.

LCD cost way too less these days.and those living the life of super rich guys in dharavi are not actually poor but rather the follower of rss,they go for terrorist activies and than hide in dharavi town.they are not the real resident of dharavi town.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Many believe Dharavi, India's largest slum in the heart of Mumbai, is also Asia's largest. Wrong, says a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) report. Karachi's Orangi township is Asia's largest slum.

"Dharavi is not Asia's largest slum. Karachi's Orangi Township has surpassed Dharavi," the Human Development Report for Mumbai, compiled with the help of UNDP and released by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), said.

The proposed Rs 9,260-crore Dharavi Redevelopment Project (DRP), drawn up by architect Mukesh Mehta and part of Maharashtra government's plan to transform Mumbai into an International Finance Centre, is yet to be implemented despite being approved in 2004. The DRP envisaged a residential area with schools, hospitals and other amenities, four commercial zones including a Gems and Jewellery district and a leather district for Dharavi. The slum's families were to be accommodated in 225 sq feet multi-storied tenements.

Orangi, not Dharavi, is AsiaÂ’s largest slum, claims UNDP - Indian Express

Orangi Town is the Largest Slum in Asia and the Islamic World.

Congrats to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
Congrats Pakis!!! You are ahead of us in lot of things.Pakis are now giving us competition in slums now.We need to have a special session in Parliament to discuss this issue.

India : Mere paas Dharavi hai, Slums hai, Poverty hai, tere paas kya hai?
Pakistan : Mere paas Orangi hai... beat ya! :pakistan: :hurray:

Next time any Paki starts rants about slums/toilets/poverty we can simply say Orangi.

Illusive

Country flag
The GDP of Dharavi is over $500 millions, can they match that.

Shirman

Country flag

Farhaan MULLAH Bhaijaan Dharavi DIDN't EXISTED DURING BRITISH RULE.............

2). Dharavi is not some town unlike ORANGI TOWN its just a Slum settlement but of EPIC proportions in central Mumbai along with other Slum Districts in neighboring Govandi, and interconnected by Kurla areas and for ur Info just recently one of India's largest mall (which i personally frequently visit) is located in that area. heres the link:-
Welcome to Phoenix Marketcity Mall Kurla Mumbai

Google :- Pheonix marketcity Kurla and look at the Images..... Also proposed a Metro Rail is soon to be launched........

Last edited:

Blackwater

i could not see any brick house.

you watched the slumdog millionaire movie?you must have also seen the evolution of present day toilets in the movie.

LCD cost way too less these days.and those living the life of super rich guys in dharavi are not actually poor but rather the follower of rss,they go for terrorist activies and than hide in dharavi town.they are not the real resident of dharavi town.

the mullah who owns 13 factories and employ 600 people is follower of RSS. If RSS is so strong there how the hell mullah made 13 factories.

Get out of RSS phobia.

if u see video properly u can see dharavi houses made of bricks there roof is made of either tiles or tin on inclined angle as its too much of rain and straight lenter roof will drip water everyday.

last i did not say everybody in dharavi use toilets. but yes govt has provided portable /mobile public toilets.which contradict ur statement. of no toilets and gas and electricity

Blackwater

[video=vimeo;43328675]http://vimeo.com/43328675[/video]

dedicated to my @ Farhan .the RSS lover :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

most of dharavi business man are muslim. strange in RSS dominated area:taunt::taunt:

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
[video=vimeo;43328675]http://vimeo.com/43328675[/video]

dedicated to my @ Farhan .the RSS lover :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

most of dharavi business man are muslim. strange in RSS dominated area:taunt::taunt:
i am more concerned about the toilets than anything else

Blackwater

i am more concerned about the toilets than anything else
U turn le liya bhai tumne aab .:pound::pound::pound::pound:

BTW toilets or no toilets in dharavi will not improve condition in orangi town where target killing is the main business forget about the basic amenities even ur police and ranger dare not to go in

Last edited:

Shirman

Country flag
Speaking of Slums n Slumdogs I only tell people to remember Mahatma Gandhiji He said the following :-

"India lives in Villages develop the villages first and if Urbanization happens it will be disaster of epic proportions." Such Disaster is called as Dharavi..........

Saddly to say if any country Does not develop its ground based Rural Infrastructure than Urbanization disasters r bound to happen......

Goggle Pic the images of slums in Jakarta Indonesia

I don't know about ur Jinnah DADA though what he quoted abt pak and karachi....

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It will not be the largest slum very soon.

Already there has been one bomb blast just now.

They are going to ensure its demolition by 'terrorist means'!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles