Opinions on M. K. Gandhi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Decklander, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decklander

Decklander New Member

30 Jan 1948, The traitor of the nation now called Bapu by many idiots & the killer of millions of hindus was put to death by the patriots of this nation. I have no doubt that khangrass is again playing with fire. If NAMO is arrested, this nation will explode and some more Gandhies will be butchered on the streets of Delhi.
    @mods, I am entitled to my opinion on Mr. M K Gandhi and that you shud not delete this post. I also request you to open a new thread regarding Gandhi v/s Nathuram Godsay and let us see who emerges the real Patriot between the two.

3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Re: Ishrat Jahan encounter Case

RSS never involved in such assassination. It's Godse and some other ppl's unilateral Op. RSS' involvement was never proved.RSS never hated Gandhiji. Yes they have some disagreement. Even Sardar Patel and Nehru had some disagreement with Gandhiji.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  4. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

Nathuram was a G$%#$#U....so are those who thinks Gandhi was the reason for Partition.... And Ch*&*a call Nathuram a patriot....

( @ mods , I am also entitled to my opinion about Ch***as and you sd not delete my post)

5. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Yes buddy, You are right. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

The a$$licker of separatist muslims who promoted Jinnah and broke apart this nation never ever went to Karachi, Lahore or Dhaka to stop the killings of Hindus but camped in Kolkata and Delhi to stop Hindus from retaliating resulting in large scale killing of Hindus during Partition. His hunger for Hindu blood was not satiated and than he went on fast in Delhi to force Nehru & Patel to release money for Pakistan which was to be used in J&K ops against our own security forces. Killing such a traitor is DHARMA. I am glad that a Brahmin did it for India and Hindus. If You read history, you will realise that nearly every movement for change has been led by Brahmins only.

If this traitor is to be reborn, I pray to Lord Mahadev to give me birth as Nathuram Godsay so that in every birth of this traitor, we shoot him dead. In the next birth of Gandhi, we will not wait till he is old. Being a Bhardwaj, I wud love to kill him in the womb.

TrueSpirit and sob like this.
  6. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

Gandhi was in Noakhali (Now in BD where Hindus were being slaughtered) from November 1946 to February 1947 . His visit was resented by the Muslims; even his campaigne was attacked by Muslim mobs several times. (Your Naturam was probably jerking somewhere )Your history book doesn't say that. He was for Ahimsa and he didnt make difference between Hindus and Muslims. I would have considered Nathuram a hero had he gone and killed Jinnah was behind so called 'direct action day' and unnecessary bloodbath. But the lunatic chose the person who had tried his best to stop this blood bath.

There was nothing wrong in his fast; the amount legally due to Government of Pakistan as share of revenue. And what on earth could predict what was going to happen in J&K. Pakistan did attack even without the money.

Go and see Mirror. You are no different from those Muslim thugs who were thirsty for Hindu blood and hated Gandhi equally for his effort.

desicanuk, tramp and The Messiah like this.
  7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Statecraft is something different then sitting on fasts. gandhi like everyone else should have retired at the right time rather than hang on.

parijataka, TrueSpirit and Decklander like this.
  8. tramp

tramp Senior Member Senior Member

Gandhi at least stuck to what he believed what was right. He did not use his huge clout in the government to get positions for himself and his progeny. No point arguing with people who pretend not to understand. Those who have read Gandhi know how he wanted even the Congress party dissolved and I am sure would have achieved that had he lived longer.
    That way Godse did a huge disservice to the country by killing him before he could do that.

parijataka likes this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Maybe Gandhi wanted to be like French Louis XV, who said "Apres moi le deluge" or After me the Deluge.

But unlike King Louis XV who survived an assassination attempt, Gandhi did not!

10. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

I believe, even though Gandhiji was far from perfect & committed numerous policy follies (suspending Non-cooperating movement, not supporting Bhagat Singh & Co.etc.), but his intentions were genuine & he wanted the best for his nation, notwithstanding his highly controversial (quite inane, in my opinion) stand during Partition.

If he would have let Sardar Patel complete his task, India would have been a different place altogether. Both J&K & India's NE (Assam, Tripura, Mizoram etc.) would have been a non-issue. His naivete when it comes to post-independence realpolitik is costing a lot to our nation. His pivotal folly is not worth condoning.

However, he was honest to himself, did what he thought was best for India, was completely selfless (unlike, Nehru & family), brave (stoutly challenged the British imperialism & never bowed down), visionary (model of de-centralized Gandhian economy) & true patriot. His heritage has more impact on Indian polity today than any other leaders.

Considering the contemporary scenario, Gandhiji's partiality to Nehru & sidelining Sardar Patel has ruined India for posterity & led our nation towards the proverbial cul-de-sac, with only a faint glimmer of hope emanating from the land of Bhagwan Shri Krishna, Sardal Patel & Gandhiji, i.e. Gujrat, the land of real leaders go-getters.

parijataka, desicanuk and Patriot like this.
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

"I have been in my own way a Gandhi devotee, in spite of my unrepentant communism," he said. "I present to you from out of my memory, a piece of rhyme in The New Statesman And Nation (circa 1935) by `Sagittarius':

"De Valera and his Green Shirts with their back to the wall,
    Hitler with his Brown Shirts riding for a fall,
    Mussolini with his Black Shirts lording over it all,
    Three Cheers for Mahatma Gandhi with no shirt at all!."

The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : A Communist rishi

desicanuk and W.G.Ewald like this.
  12. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

These 4 lines are a sarcasm or an admiration on author's part ? I do not get it.

13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Believing that an old guy at 80 would have changed the world seems a lala land concept to me. He did not even have a control over Congress at that time leave aside the country. Just because we Indians respect our elders, they decide to hang on to plum positions forgetting about the Sanyasa!

Now coming to using clout. Gandhi like other politicians was pretty good at it. SC Bose won the 1939 Congress elections but Gandhi used all tricks possible to make his life difficult and ultimately resign. Again, Patel was the choice of the congress workers for PM, but Gandhi forced Nehru on the nation against the wishes of workers. So, you need to judge the person not only by his books but also his action.

Also, Gandhi is a good read for idealism but one needs to also take a look at realism(read Godse's- Gandhi wadh aur main).

14. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Yes, he not only thrust Nehru on the nation, He forced Nehru to release Pak money in Dec 1947 when Kashmir battle was on. To say that he did not interfere in state craft is as true a statement as earth is flat and that sun goes around earth. He propped up Nehru with a single aim to control India as he knew that a popular leader like Patel who had no vices unlike Chacha Rangila, will sweep his interests under the carpet. And that with strong support of all congressmen from all over India, Patel wud never tow his line.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  15. tramp

Off topic. Still you are way off the mark about Nehru's popularity. His was pan-Indian. We all can have differences with him. Hate him or love him. But he had people behind him (whether it was good or bad is a different matter). Do not shoot off comments just for the sake of an argument. Patel's popularity hardly extended south of the Vindhyas.

16. Decklander

Decklander New Member

You are way off the mark. Don't shoot from the hip.
    Everything started in early 1946 when the Indian National Congress had to elect a new president. It was an accepted fact that the leader chosen as Congress president would become the first prime minister of independent India. Three candidates were in the race: Acharya Kripalani, Jawaharlal Nehru, and Sardar Patel. The working committee of the INC and the pradesh committees had to send their nomination for one of the three candidates.

Sardar Patel was easily the most popular. Everyone knew his efficiency and his toughness for tackling difficult problems. Twelve out of 19 Pradesh committees nominated him. None nominated Nehru.

From the start Gandhi had indicated that he favoured Nehru. His reasoning was that his British education was an asset: 'Jawaharlal cannot be replaced today whilst the charge is being taken from the British. He, a Harrow boy, a Cambridge graduate, and a barrister, is wanted to carry on the negotiations with the Englishmen.'

Another point Gandhi made was that while Sardar Patel would agree to work as Nehru's deputy, the reverse might not happen. He also felt that Nehru was better known abroad and could help India play a role in international affairs.

Eventually, in deference to Gandhi, Kripalani nominated Nehru and withdrew from the race. Patel had no choice but to follow his colleague 'so that Nehru could be elected unopposed.' Dr Rajendra Prasad later stated: 'Gandhi has once again sacrificed his trusted lieutenant for the sake of the glamorous Nehru.'

India TV >> Why Gandhi opted for Nehru and not Sardar Patel for PM

If Patel was not a mass leader than why did 12 out of 15 congress Pradesh committees supported him? And If Nehru was so popular than why did none support him? eat your words now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  17. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Good point. I am surprised people fail to look at facts and try to defend the indefensible.

But this discussion about Nehru and Gandhi is taking the thread way off mark, so may be take this discussion to some other dedicated thread.

Decklander likes this.
  18. tramp

Why was Gandhiji publicly saying Congress should be disbanded, if he was blinded by his affection to Nehru?
    As far as I know, Patel did not have much appeal among people of peninsular India. It could be because of the reasons the article suggests, like more sophisticated outlook etc... obviously, just like the middle class now, then also, if not you cannot have a white man to rule, the next best is a wannabe.

19. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Let us all discuss Gandhi from the day he was thrown out of a train including how he landed up in South Aftica and his days in UK as a student.
    Let us also discuss as to what his so called struggle was in S africa and for what reasons and who funded him there? An agent of British was thrust on us by Nehru & co. I will prove this all when we start this debate.
    In S Africa, Gandhi never fought for freedom but for,"One King, One Rule". he accepted to be slave to British provided he was treated as a subject of Britain. This man with such a slave mentality came to India. To ensure that India remains a part of Britain but to be ruled by Indians with Britsh Queen as head. Freedom was never on his mind nor did a social club of drinkers called INC had it in their manifesto. Please read what was the charter of INC in 1885. It was a club of drunkards who did dalali for British and INC has maintained that profession of dalali till date. After all, even Gangadhar alias Ghazi ran away from Delhi in 1857 after having licked the backsides of british to emerge as Gangadhar in Allahabad's biggest redlight House of Prostitution called Ishrat Manzil which when translated to Hindi means Anand Bhavan. Gangadhar was record keeper of the dalali for prostitutes in that house. he used that money earned thru prostitution to educate his illegitimate child called Motilal

20. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

21. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

No, you don't know anything. I don't wanna be rude but it's annoying when one person gives proper explanations and you refuse the truth.
    Patel was popular and great leader. He was the best thing happened to India.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.