Open letter to a delhi boy

Oracle

You should keep your guesswork to yourself. Not everything revolves around sex... no wonder functionality of your brain seems to be a bit fuzzy. Since you always seem to be thinking from one perspective :)
Hey relax! That was humour.

And mind you, no personal attacks!

JP, what's wrong? What's with the personal attacks dude? You are a far better poster than this.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Yes u are right! To each his/her own. I know what I want. You know what u want. Others know what they want. As long as we get that, it's alright :)

Beauty is a seducer. Women know that, we use that, we get away with that... I feel sorry for guys sometimes. Some of u are not so bad. But most of u deserve it :p
We guys do what most girls desire. Have you seen girls reject "good guys" and instead go out with brats only to moan later on at being cheated or getting dumped ? These things are then taken into consideration and "good guys" try to become brats.

Oracle

Shahanaji seems to be stuck in her own prison.

Songwords

Shahanaji, here, take a big bear hug. You need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

amitkriit

Well, I hope this debate doesn't degenerate into a North-South fight, with both parties trying to pull down the other. :(

We cannot afford such blue-on-blue warfare. Let us reserve that for the Pakis. No matter what point we wish to present, let us not abuse people of a region calling them "Gawaar chappatis" or "Uncouth Bhaiyyas" and such things - they also have a right to be equally offended by such terminology.
Problem is that people from South are too proud of themselves, they think Northies only look good when they are kept inside enclosure inside a zoo and when that doesn't happen such letters are sent in frustration.

aquarius

We guys do what most girls desire. Have you seen girls reject "good guys" and instead go out with brats only to moan later on at being cheated or getting dumped ? These things are then taken into consideration and "good guys" try to become brats.

Maybe u are desiring the wrong kinda people.
Just be yourself, the real you, not the 'You' that people create to fool others and to fool themselves! What u are at your core that's who u will attract. Most people become pretentious and end up desiring and attracting wrong people, hence the heartbreaks and stuff.

'People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.'

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Problem is that people from South are too proud of themselves, they think Northies only look good when they are kept inside enclosure inside a zoo and when that doesn't happen such letters are sent in frustration.
On the contrary, in the history of independent India, racism and bigotry has been much more by the "Northies" towards the "non-Northies". The arrogance of many people from the "North" in deriding other languages and cultures has been legendary. Only in the past decade, as economic power has shifted to the West and South, some element of "reverse racism" has started. When economic progress comes to the N-E regions (which I hope, happens sooner rather than later), the "Northies" will face the same "reverse racism" even from them. People of diverse cultures, languages and customs in this nation have been ridiculed and stereotyped by the "Northies" for decades, to the extent that even today, some posters cannot help question the Indian-ness of people who have local identities.

The India of the past was different - a poor, bigoted and prejudiced nation. I hope that with economic development, the racism and the newly observed "reverse racism" dies out.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Maybe u are desiring the wrong kinda people.
Just be yourself, the real you, not the 'You' that people create to fool others and to fool themselves! What u are at your core that's who u will attract. Most people become pretentious and end up desiring and attracting wrong people, hence the heartbreaks and stuff.

'People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.'
Im not talking about myself because i dont act like others to get a girl...i am what i am. I wont lie and say that i dont go on looks because i do but the iq of the girl also plays an important part (only after the looks dept has been ticked :)). These days girls have become high maintenance. My friend took 10k from me because he wanted to gift his gf on her birthday a blackberry bold which costed around 25k and after two weeks they separated because the girl claimed that he wasn't serious. He only returned my 10k last month.

I always cringe when girls bash boys for being uncouth brawns when they also share the blame and much of the same qualities barring the brawns of course!

S.A.T.A

The neat bracketing of North-South discord in the language and label that distinguished the White-Black relationship in America is interesting.While there is no cause to take umbrage for a south indian,if he or she were classified as '******',after all Americans of African origin are a proud and remarkable accomplished people in their own right,the 'south Indians are like ******s' analogy should will be justified only if we admit that south Indians have been indeed subject to racist treatment,not entirely dissimilar to the American case.Because racial denigration in America is not mere talk of victimization,but an account of actual experiences.

mayfair

People speak of North and South as if they are homogenous entities. They are not. I say this from my personal experience from extensive stay and travel in the Northern and Southern regions of our country.

The exent of bellendry on display whining about victimisation, racism etc. is staggering. If you wish to talk about the true victims of stereotypes, speak to our fellow countrymen and women from the North East. The amount of slander, ridicule and vile that they face in North and South should tell us the kind of people we are.

aquarius

Im not talking about myself because i dont act like others to get a girl...i am what i am. I wont lie and say that i dont go on looks because i do but the iq of the girl also plays an important part (only after the looks dept has been ticked :)). These days girls have become high maintenance. My friend took 10k from me because he wanted to gift his gf on her birthday a blackberry bold which costed around 25k and after two weeks they separated because the girl claimed that he wasn't serious. He only returned my 10k last month.

I always cringe when girls bash boys for being uncouth brawns when they also share the blame and much of the same qualities barring the brawns of course!

Think of that as the revenge of the beautiful ones! It's unfair, i know. But remember, behind every bitchy woman is a man who made her that way!
My next line will sound crass and crude but it is the truth. If one can't afford the upkeep of a Jaguar, then one shouldn't buy it! Look at it, desire it, want it, but don't buy it!

N why are men crying foul, by the way?? You yourself admitted that looks is number 1 priority for u in a girl. Do u have any idea how much all that costs? The dresses, the sexy heels, perfumes, the spa treatments, hair treatments... it's a very long list mister! And if a girl doesn't look good, her man would probably be ogling at other women. That simply hurts. So all the money that men complain of spending on their girls..... well, u asked for it!

Anyways, lets chuck the gender issues. It's too complex and never ending.

Oracle

People speak of North and South as if they are homogenous entities. They are not. I say this from my personal experience from extensive stay and travel in the Northern and Southern regions of our country.

The exent of bellendry on display whining about victimisation, racism etc. is staggering. If you wish to talk about the true victims of stereotypes, speak to our fellow countrymen and women from the North East. The amount of slander, ridicule and vile that they face in North and South should tell us the kind of people we are.
That's a 100% correct.

Oracle

Think of that as the revenge of the beautiful ones! It's unfair, i know. But remember, behind every bitchy woman is a man who made her that way!
My next line will sound crass and crude but it is the truth. If one can't afford the upkeep of a Jaguar, then one shouldn't buy it! Look at it, desire it, want it, but don't buy it!

N why are men crying foul, by the way?? You yourself admitted that looks is number 1 priority for u in a girl. Do u have any idea how much all that costs? The dresses, the sexy heels, perfumes, the spa treatments, hair treatments... it's a very long list mister! And if a girl doesn't look good, her man would probably be ogling at other women. That simply hurts. So all the money that men complain of spending on their girls..... well, u asked for it!

What's wrong with a woman getting a damn job and buying the dresses, the sexy heels, perfumes, the spa treatments... and the supposedly long list?

I am not ready to buy the fact that a woman of today cannot provide for herself and that she has to depend on her boyfriend. In which case that woman must be an idiot, or is using the boy, or will be dependent on her husband for her whole life.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
But we can always rent it :wof:

A man will always look at other womean even if he married to the most beautiful woman on the planet...it is the way men are wired naturally. "Looking good" can be done within a decent budget but throwing thousands on some branded bag or a pair shoes seems over the top.

I dont know about southern girls since ive never been with one...i have only been with punjabi girls.

aquarius

What's wrong with a woman getting a damn job and buying the dresses, the sexy heels, perfumes, the spa treatments... and the supposedly long list?

I am not ready to buy the fact that a woman of today cannot provide for herself and that she has to depend on her boyfriend. In which case that woman must be an idiot, or is using the boy, or will be dependent on her husband for her whole life.

So u are saying a girl should use all her money for herself, to look good, to buy stuff etc etc? That's what we do, already :)

But is it too much to expect the man we love to take us out dinning and partying, and shower us with gifts in declaration of their adoration?? If we can shower our man with our love and care and time and treat him like a baby (a grown up baby, coz that's what all men are!) then hellooooo ... we have certain expectations too.
If men can be shallow and chase after only good-looking chicks, why can't those good-looking women become shallow too??
If men can use women, why can't women use men??
It's a vicious game the sexes are playing... and someone always ends up getting hurt. Lucky are those who find what they are looking for truly.

Oracle

So u are saying a girl should use all her money for herself, to look good, to buy stuff etc etc? That's what we do, already :)

But is it too much to expect the man we love to take us out dinning and partying, and shower us with gifts in declaration of their adoration?? If we can shower our man with our love and care and time and treat him like a baby (a grown up baby, coz that's what all men are!) then hellooooo ... we have certain expectations too.
If men can be shallow and chase after only good-looking chicks, why can't those good-looking women become shallow too??
If men can use women, why can't women use men??
It's a vicious game the sexes are playing... and someone always ends up getting hurt. Lucky are those who find what they are looking for truly.
Oracle likes that.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The neat bracketing of North-South discord in the language and label that distinguished the White-Black relationship in America is interesting.While there is no cause to take umbrage for a south indian,if he or she were classified as '******',after all Americans of African origin are a proud and remarkable accomplished people in their own right,the 'south Indians are like ******s' analogy should will be justified only if we admit that south Indians have been indeed subject to racist treatment,not entirely dissimilar to the American case.Because racial denigration in America is not mere talk of victimization,but an account of actual experiences.
There is no comparison between the treatment black people faced in America, and what any category of Indians face/faced here. The evils perpetuated against blacks in the USA were remarkably - well, evil! :) No group in India has been subjected to such treatment. All we have in India is some prejudiced comments and racist slurs, and some mocking, and in rare cases maybe bullying too. There is no call to compare it with treatment of black Americans.

I agree with you. N-E people face discrimination in many parts of the nation. But as mentioned by many others on this thread, and as most NorthEasterners themselves will tell you, the discrimination and prejudice they face in the "South" or "West" is much less than in the "North".

sandeepdg

There is no comparison between the treatment black people faced in America, and what any category of Indians face/faced here. The evils perpetuated against blacks in the USA were remarkably - well, evil! :) No group in India has been subjected to such treatment. All we have in India is some prejudiced comments and racist slurs, and some mocking, and in rare cases maybe bullying too. There is no call to compare it with treatment of black Americans.

I agree with you. N-E people face discrimination in many parts of the nation. But as mentioned by many others on this thread, and as most NorthEasterners themselves will tell you, the discrimination and prejudice they face in the "South" or "West" is much less than in the "North".
I also agree to that, since being from the East spending most of my life in the North and having traveled frequently to the West and to some extent the South also, since I have only been to Bangalore where my friends and relatives live, there's no denying the fact that North Easterners are among the most harassed community, subjected to racial prejudices, and it happens most in the North and I can say this from my personal experience since I have friends from N-E.

And yes, "Chinki" and "Madrasi" are slurs, anybody saying they aren't are either ignorant or acting like they don't know that already ! Its a gross sign of ignorance about your own country and your own people. ! Most people who call Southerners "Madrasi" are ignorant and don't know that South India comprises of 4 states, all of whose people have a different language and culture. Similarly, they also don't know nothing about the N-E India, actually most of these people don't know anything more than the names of only 1 or 2 NE states, i.e. Assam and Sikkim at the most. They think that just because of the oriental features, they are all "Chinks" from Chini land, they have no idea that N-E comprises of 7 states and whose people have Oriental features but are they as much Indian as me or anybody else, and when they are subjected to such despicable behavior by the own people, they obviously feel very hurt.

Iamanidiot

I also agree to that, since being from the East spending most of my life in the North and having traveled frequently to the West and to some extent the South also, since I have only been to Bangalore where my friends and relatives live, there's no denying the fact that North Easterners are among the most harassed community, subjected to racial prejudices, and it happens most in the North and I can say this from my personal experience since I have friends from N-E.

And yes, "Chinki" and "Madrasi" are slurs, anybody saying they aren't are either ignorant or acting like they don't know that already ! Its a gross sign of ignorance about your own country and your own people. ! Most people who call Southerners "Madrasi" are ignorant and don't know that South India comprises of 4 states, all of whose people have a different language and culture. Similarly, they also don't nothing about the N-E India, actually most of these people don't know anything more than the names of only 1 or 2 NE states, i.e. Assam and Sikkim at the most. They think that just because of the oriental features, they are all "Chinks" from Chini land, they have no idea that N-E comprises of 7 states and whose people have Oriental features but are they as much Indian as me or anybody else, and when they are subjected to such despicable behavior by the own people, they obviously feel very hurt.
I was refraining from posting this issue but I got to post this.Chinki is quite tame to some of the thinks what delhites say.Suppose some uneducated moron passing snide comments okay ignorant bastard with an extremely narrow horizon.Now you see many North-East women work partime in restaurants and they particularly work in chain restaurants like Mocha .Now you see the crowd coming to Mocha is not your regular gavaar on the street .They generally are assumed to be educated decent folk with a broad outlook living in the Countrie's capital called Delhi so people expect a sense of civility from the people who frequent there.But on the contrary they start passing snide comments on you insulting your dignity and her modesty. Asking her if she is a pimp forgetting that she is from your own country and hurting her dignity.If this becomes the norm rather than the exception articles like
what the blog poster posted will become accurate and very valid.This doesn't happen in other Metropolitan cities

Iam posting this because introspection has to occur

Oracle

And yes, "Chinki" and "Madrasi" are slurs, anybody saying they aren't are either ignorant or acting like they don't know that already ! Its a gross sign of ignorance about your own country and your own people. ! Most people who call Southerners "Madrasi" are ignorant and don't know that South India comprises of 4 states, all of whose people have a different language and culture. Similarly, they also don't know nothing about the N-E India, actually most of these people don't know anything more than the names of only 1 or 2 NE states, i.e. Assam and Sikkim at the most. They think that just because of the oriental features, they are all "Chinks" from Chini land, they have no idea that N-E comprises of 7 states and whose people have Oriental features but are they as much Indian as me or anybody else, and when they are subjected to such despicable behavior by the own people, they obviously feel very hurt.
Small correction. Sikkim is not considered to be in the NE. If you consider Sikkim, then there would be 8 states.

I do consider Sikkim to be one of the states of the NE. But then, I am not GoI.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles