Open letter to a delhi boy

A.V.

And about this north south issue DFI is a shinning light in this have a look here :-

VOID :- Punjab

Singh :- DELHI

NITESH :- MP now BLR

Ritesh :- Uttranchal

LF :- gujrat

Pintu :- Bengal

DD :- AP

RAY :- bengal

TARUN :- AP

Yusuf :- Gujrat

SRIDHAR :- TN

AHMEDSID :- KERALA

Vinod :- AP

Flint :- MAHARASHTRA

Eagleone :- AP

Staff at IPF

1. SASH :- Bihar

2. Oracle :- ASSAM

3. NRJ :- NRI

4. LB ;- Gujrat

This is how a forum like DFI sees INDIA and this is how it should be

This is what india denotes , there is no north south the guys who utter the words SOUTH / NORTH / EAST / WEST needs to get out of the well

A.V.

Yes Bangalorean and DD i stand corrected !

Hindi and English are Official languages which does denote that all official works must be done in these languages isnt it ?

if yes i will make a new post pointing out the issues

Oracle

LOL kaveri water dispute is a political issue , i never comment on political issues . i commented on common man in karnataka and if any kannda person is there ont he forum they will understand what i mean .

I have spoken to many of the tamilian guys many of my teachers are fromt here they are a good lot of people i have nothing against them , nor on this thread i just said that the habit that people generalize SOUTH INDIA as mR XYZ and north INDIA as MR ABC is totally wrong.

every state has its identity and his own way .

A BENGALI/biharis :- who is he NORTH INDIAN and South INDIAN ? ask any tamil guy or ask yourself ,

ANSWER :- BENGALIS are north INDIANS what the heck , bengal has its own identity its not north , the issue i can speall here very nicely but might sound a bit racist but its not .

TAMILS in general have a misconception that they represent SOUTH INDIA and they have their say on all matters in SOUTH its not true , their main idea behind this is to expand their claim over the peninsula. My Family language is bengali , heck i have no reason to learn HINDI then why do i know it , because its the national language , i have no shame in accepting this , the tolerance level and acceptance is low in some areas in india which is reason to be sad and angry at the same time.

Would you please define the bold word NORTIES for me ?
An occurrence I would like to mention.

I have my breakfast at a shop near my home. It's small, but the idli, dosa, wada, chutneys are awesome. It is owned by a Tamilian. He does not prepare tea, so for that I come to a different shop which is owned by a Kannada guy. I am friends with both and they know me to the point that sometimes I eat, walk away and pay later. Rush hour frustration.

One day a new South Indian shop opened close to the tea shop. I ate there once, but did not like the chutney. Moreover they were not consistent, someday they would prepare idli, some day dosa. So I went back to the Tamilian guy's shop. This was noticed by the Kannada guy and he asked me why I go there and eat. I said I find the food tasty there, to which he bluntly replied 'those guys are dirty'. I did not say anything and moved away. I actually found the guy to be quite clean, plus the awesome food. So, what made the guy comment like this?

I asked some of my colleagues and got the answer. Too strong a language to be told here.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
A.V.:

Good for DFI. But let us get real here, w.r.t. the larger point that you made.

India is a federation where states have been formed to provide space for every language and culture in India. There is no point in wishing for blurring of local identities. If I am the head of BBMP Bangalore, I will fight tooth and nail to get funds for Bangalore, even at the expense of other cities in my state - that is my job. If I am CM of Karnataka, I will fight to get funds and investments into my state, even at the expense of other states. That is my job. If I am the PM of India, I will look to get investment into India, at the expense of our neighbours - that is my job!!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes Bangalorean and DD i stand corrected !

Hindi and English are Official languages which does denote that all official works must be done in these languages isnt it ?

if yes i will make a new post pointing out the issues
Not exactly. Here is your answer:

^^ Come on A.V., these are the very basics. Pretty surprised that I am still having to provide links for this!!! :confused:

Just Google it. The constitution does NOT refer to Hindi as the "national language". Even the Gujarat HC has said the same in its judgement.

Hindi AND English are the official languages of the central government, that's about it. India has 15 "national languages", including Hindi, English, Bengali, Kannada, etc. etc.

EDIT: To be more precise, the central government organizations such as DRDO, NHAI, etc. use Hindi and English in their dealings, whereas state government undertakings use the local language and English. English and Hindi are the official languages of the central government. Hindi is not the sole "national language". This is a huge misconception.

A.V.

Exactly true , bangalorean and DD , i said regarding the language part i was duly corrected OFFICIAL is the word.

Secondly :- No state should loose it own culture and language , each of the cultures are unique and a pride for india , no debating this .

The whole point i was trying to make this this :-

Why generalize the issue of SOUTH INDIA vs NORTH INDIA as made evident form the first post , when there is such a big diversity in south india itself.

Again that brings me to the first post . the LADY by quoting that in south india we do this in X style and in Y formula tried to spaeak for the entire south region for which she does not have the right to do , she can speak for herself , her family , her state , why try and say in SOUTH INDIA its this and in NORTH its this , thats totally B.S.

Those who supported the lady with the argument is wrong is all i wanted to point to , there may be more similarities between the southern states than the other states that does not mean all of them have the same identiy.

By generalizing SOUTH INDIA the lady commited the same mistake that many from the north do by calling any south indian as MADRASI

lol added later :- look at singh he needs a ban LOL he is the biggest madrasi here loves his dosa , sambar

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Exactly true , bangalorean and DD , i said regarding the language part i was duly corrected OFFICIAL is the word.

Secondly :- No state should loose it own culture and language , each of the cultures are unique and a pride for india , no debating this .

The whole point i was trying to make this this :-

Why generalize the issue of SOUTH INDIA vs NORTH INDIA as made evident form the first post , when there is such a big diversity in south india itself.

Again that brings me to the first post . the LADY bu quoting that in south india we do this in X style and in Y formula tried to spaeak for the entire south region for which she does not have the right to do , she can speak for herself , her family , her state , why try and say in SOUTH INDIA its this and in NORTH its this , thats totally B.S.

Those who supported the lady with the argument is wrong is all i wanted to point to , there may be more similarities between the southern states than the other sates that does not mean all of them have the same identiy.

By generalizing SOUTH INDIA the lady commited the same mistake that many form the north do by calling any south indian as MADRASI
Yep, agree with all points in your post.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Oye Singh: kahe troll kar raha hai? There are easier ways if you want to get the dhaaga closed? :confused:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
By generalizing SOUTH INDIA the lady commited the same mistake that many from the north do by calling any south indian as MADRASI
lol added later :- look at singh he needs a ban LOL he is the biggest madrasi here loves his dosa , sambar
Madrasi was a term coined by Delhites to refer to anyone belonging to South India. Madrasis refer to themselves as Madrasis in Delhi as well.
It is a legitimate term and not a slur.

Here are two examples

1. Delhi Piles Madrasi Clinic
delhi piles madrasi clinic in Pharganj delhi | delhi piles madrasi clinic Pharganj Phone Numbers & Address | - Yahoo! India Local

2. Madrasi Chaskah
Madrasi Chaskah, Living Style Mall, Jasola Vihar, Delhi | Zomato

A.V.

Singhji thats the point , the guys who opened these shops might be truely from madras and such take no offence but to a guy from south india who is not form that state or region it might be offending.

Why should a true madrasi take offence when you call him a madrasi its like calling me a bengali there is nothing wrong , the point it when its generalised for the whole of the south

Oracle

Madrasi was a term coined by Delhites to refer to anyone belonging to South India. Madrasis refer to themselves as Madrasis in Delhi as well.

Here are two examples

delhi piles madrasi clinic in Pharganj delhi | delhi piles madrasi clinic Pharganj Phone Numbers & Address | - Yahoo! India Local

2. Madrasi Chaskah
Delhi Piles Madrasi Clinic :rotflmao: :pound:

I owe you 2 beers now!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singhji thats the point , the guys who opened these shops might be truely from madras and such take no offence but to a guy from south india who is not form that state or region it might be offending.

Why should a true madrasi take offence when you call him a madrasi its like calling me a bengali there is nothing wrong , the point it when its generalised for the whole of the south
As I said Madrasi means anyone from the South. If the "South Indians" take offence, I can't help it ?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Cute.

Unfortunately, certain people will need to start caring about what their countrymen feel about being called "Madrasis" or "Chinkis" or "Kudkudis", etc. it is high time. We all have to live and plod along together no? What's the point of treating this the same way as Pakistanis objecting to being called "Paki"?

Adux

Country flag
As I said Madrasi means anyone from the South. If the "South Indians" take offence, I can't help it ?
Dont call them madrasi, there is no such thing as a madrasi. I am sure you can a get a sound sleep if you dont call anyone by the term madarasi. Its quite similar to you cant call Negro to identify a man from negroid race, or a North east Indian person Chinki because he looks like a Chinese man. It is highly offensive. Take you take time, and get to know where they are from. If you cant do that from want of time etc, Do us all a favor and call the guy as an Indian from South. Thanks. Southies dont have dergotary terms for Northies, not because they look upto them, or a slighter paler version of brown is something they aspire for. Southies are generally more liberal and friendly. Like it or not

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Here are two examples

2. Madrasi Chaskah
A lot of Commentators in the blogs badly need to go to this place as their haemmoroids have started hurting after reading that post.But she nailed it well

Iamanidiot

Cute.

Unfortunately, certain people will need to start caring about what their countrymen feel about being called "Madrasis" or "Chinkis" or "Kudkudis", etc. it is high time. We all have to live and plod along together no? What's the point of treating this the same way as Pakistanis objecting to being called "Paki"?
Leaving the Madarasi part the abuse the chapathis heap on North-Easteners must be drastically reduced..Some of the abuses the NE women face everyday is horrible and it is much worser than the Chink and Madarasi lingo

Global Defence

New threads

Articles