Only Marathis have right over Mumbai, says Bal Thackeray

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ALBY, Nov 3, 2011.

1. ALBY

ALBY Elite Member Elite Member

The Shiv Sena on Thursday again targeted north Indians living in Mumbai saying only Marathis had the first right over the city.

In Shiv Sena mouthpieceSaamnaparty chiefBal Thackeraywrote: "Only Marathis have the first right over Mumbai".

He went on to say that if north Indians stopped working, Mumbai would not come to a grinding halt since there would be others to replace them.

Thackeray blamed the present Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra for what he felt was the plight of Marathis.

The renewed attack from the Sena comes in the backdrop of Chhath -- a festival marked mostly in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh -- celebrations in the city.

Only Marathis have right over Mumbai, says Bal Thackeray : West News - India Today

3. ALBY

seems that poor old man is once again playing cheap old tricks

4. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

These are the kind of people that scare away Secular, nationalist voters from the BJP.
    Why else do you think the Marathis put up with the CONgress' crappy administration.

5. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

well nothing new but fight for BMC where elections are going to be held in feb and this time i think shivsena-bjp combine is going to loose as a result of divison of votes by MNS . even paring with RPI is not going to help them

6. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

1 can see that the elections are coming close !!!

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Election Time.

This time it would be difficult for BJP-SS to win BMC election as MNS has stronghold in many parts of Mumbai like Dadar,etc.. It will surely cut 1/3rd to 1/4th of total BJP-SS vote.

ShivSena plays Maratha card as their base is completely dependent on Maratha. It's political card. I don't appreciate such Maratha card and It would be better if they are back on old politics as that has Pan India impact :thumb:

8. ALBY

That clown's statements will only help congress and ncp....Shiv sena is a sinking boat and these publicity stunts are not gonna help them.

9. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

What a clown.

10. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

i think the word maratha should be replaced by marathi.....

......for the maratha caste votes entirely for either the sharad pawar led NCP or the congress .

shiv sena's backing used to come ( in the pre MNS era ) form the brahmins , kayasthas ( CKPs ) or OBCs--not marathas .

now it is in danger of losing that to the MNS--hence the promarathi ( not promaratha ) statements .

pmaitra likes this.
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

A most ridiculous statement from the good old Bal boy.

However, when the man is a confirmed weirdo, why goad him by saying that if North Indians (meaning Biharis) quit Bombay, it will collapse.

On the Maratha - Marathi issue, the Maratha were always historically controlled by the Peshwas

Prior to 1749, Peshwas held office for 8-9 years and controlled the Maratha army. They later became the de facto hereditary administrators of the Maratha Empire from 1749 till its end in 1818.

After the coronation of Shivaji in 1674, he appointed Moropant Trimbak Pingle (a Deshastha Brahmin) as the first Peshwa. Shivaji renamed this designation as Pantpradhan in 1674 but this term is less commonly used. Today, the surname "Peshwe" (alternatively "Peshave") is found both among Konkanastha Brahmins (tracing decent to the Bhat clan, notably Bajirao I) and Deshastha Brahmins (tracing decent to Moropant Pingle, Sonopant Dabir and a certain clan from Jejuri, Pune), as well as some Maratha (Kshatriya) families of Vidarbha (by titulary heritage).

The first Peshwa to receive the status of a king was Ramchandra Pant Amatya Bawdekar in 1689 by Chatrapati Rajaram.The first Bhat family Peshwa was Balaji Vishwanath Bhat. He was succeeded as Peshwa by his son Baji Rao I, who never lost a battle. Baji Rao and his son, Balaji Baji Rao, oversaw the period of greatest Maratha expansion (see map at right), brought to an end by the Maratha's defeat by an Afghan army at the Third Battle of Panipat in 1761. The last Peshwa, Baji Rao II, was defeated by the British East India Company in the Battle of Khadki which was a part of Third Anglo-Maratha War (1817–1818). After the defeat the Maratha Empire was merged with British India. The kingdom was annexed to the British East India Company's Bombay province, and the Peshwa was pensioned off.

Wiki

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  12. Illusive

Illusive Senior Member Senior Member

Even if elections nearing, the kind of tactics used by these fools are really dangerous, it could really start riots. What if same tactics is applied in other municipal election of other cities. And all these just for getting into power.

13. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

you guys should really watch star maza and IBN lokamat..i saw how abu azami was spreading hatred....he even said pakistan is in better condition than india....we don't want people like him in our maharashtra...

14. anoop_mig25

well why balme bal thackeray alone. people from congrees are responsible too. yesterday raj thackeray Threaten that if people like sanjay nirupam are not controlled there would be riots all over maharashtra. he is using same tactics as his uncle only difference is issue his uncle played hindu card (pouplar at that time) and now is playing marathi card popular in mmumbai now.

and congrees is playing its old card i.e dividing the people . keeping mum not taking action against rioters(mostly are from MNS).old trick once helped shivsenas rise and now MNS rise.

during last lok sabha election varun gandhi was slapped with NSA. can`t same be applie to uncles/cousin/sanjay nirpam/abu azami for spreading hatred against community

15. warriorextreme

again i would say none of you have watched talk show on star maza and IBN lokmat where abu azami was ranting bullshit....he is the real reason why bal thakrey and raj thakrey are opening their mouths...

16. ALBY

Abu azami =whole North india?i dont think so....and for rest of india this is not the frst time this teethless clown is making such statemnts against rest of india.any one with a common sense could understand that this too is a cheap political game as elections are nearing.

17. anoop_mig25

i have edited my post and this is old game which all parties play happily. don`t u know ? congrees was responsible for the rise of shivsena . back in 60-70-80 ies congrees wanted to break strong hold of communist party on mill-workers and so it indirectly helped shivsena to carry out its goon works. same is now happening with shivsena replacing communist and mns replacing shivsena

congress is happliy seatting back and enjoying fruits of power

and abu hazami well all his networks across borders are know. in his life of more then 25 years as politican he won elections last time only and that on north v/s marathi prank and to because of diversion of shivsena-bjp vote bank

18. warriorextreme

so what thakreys are asking is not meant for whole north india but these crazy ass crowns to shut up...i do not support violent nature of these two parties but seeing how abu azami starts these fights it seems to me that they really want unrest in maharashtra...this time also abu azami and nirupam have opened their mouth first and nothing has been done againsts them..

19. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Indians have right on all India.

20. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Of course, these statements are knee jerk. But then, given a choice between the two, I would say that Abu Azmi and Samajwadi party types are more dangerous for India.

21. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I am no fan of Bal boy.

Yet, I would say, that there is no reason to provoke anyone with redundant issues.

At the same time, I support Abu Azmi to take the Oath in any language he desires, which is recognised as a language of India.