One Indian dead, 3 hurt after US navy fires on fishing boat

amitkriit

Americans do not value lives of other nationals. For them every part of this world except the USA is a war-zone, including those places where creatures called unarmed civilians do things to earn their living. I am 100% sure that no warning was given and the soldiers on-board went directly for a kill.
India must tell USA very clearly that there will be diplomatic and strategic repercussions (even though they won't give a hoot). But what can the corrupt Puppet MMS do? His family earn their living in $$$$. This world belongs to those who have got guts, and we have got none.

Asians must reclaim their land and Sea. India and China must cooperate to chase out these foreigners from our part of the world. We can sort it out amongst ourselves, we do not need moderators.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I am 100% sure that no warning was given and the soldiers on-board went directly for a kill.
Prejudice.

India must tell USA very clearly that there will be diplomatic and strategic repercussions (even though they won't give a hoot).
Its best to keep a dignified silence. If the deceased was a UAE citizen, then it is none of India's business. Pakistan also protests, and is summarily ignored. India is not Pakistan, but if India is summarily ignored, there is nothing India can do.

But what can the corrupt Puppet MMS do? His family earn their living in $$$$.
MMS is not corrupt. His family is irrevant in this thread.

Asians must reclaim their land and Sea. India and China must cooperate to chase out these foreigners from our part of the world. We can sort it out amongst ourselves, we do not need moderators.
India and PRC can never sort it out, except for a full blown war.

amitkriit

Prejudice.

Its best to keep a dignified silence. If the deceased was a UAE citizen, then it is none of India's business. Pakistan also protests, and is summarily ignored. India is not Pakistan, but if India is summarily ignored, there is nothing India can do.

MMS is not corrupt. His family is irrevant in this thread.

India and PRC can never sort it out, except for a full blown war.
1. Yep, $$$$$ can convert everything into a prejudice.
Dubai's police chief, Lt Gen Dahi Khalfan Tamim. The National newspaper quoted Tamim as saying (here) that the captain of the fishing vessel did not receive any warning, and that a preliminary investigation had established that "the boat was in its right course and did not pose any danger. The shooting was clearly a mistake."
May be this guy is a habitual liar, and so are the victims. Only the US Navy has got the correct version of story.

2. I agree India can do nothing because our politicians and diplomats cannot ignore their kids studying and working in USA. Same applies on NRIs on this forum. There are many ways to get even.

3. India and China aren't being government by blood-thirsty monsters craving for war. We will compete, but we must learn from our past.

4. MMS s relevant because he is in-charge of the Indian Government, and his family is relevant in this context. Who wants to loose his/her green card or permanent residency in the land of Milk and Honey called the USA?

pmaitra

1. Yep, $$$$$ can convert everything into a prejudice.
I love money. Do you not? America feeds my stomach, and that is facilitated by $$$$$. I am also very selfish, and that is why I am here; for a better life, leaving my starving, poor, and hungry fellow countrymen in desperation and squalor.

You are spot on.

May be this guy is a habitual liar, and so are the victims. Only the US Navy has got the correct version of story.
Even Abdullah Gül comes across as a compulsive liar, after hearing his comments when Syria shot down a Turkish plane. I could be wrong. I could be right.

2. I agree India can do nothing because our politicians and diplomats cannot ignore their kids studying and working in USA. Same applies on NRIs on this forum. There are many ways to get even.
Thank you Sir!
3. India and China aren't being government by blood-thirsty monsters craving for war. We will compete, but we must learn from our past.
We will eventually drench the sands of India and PRC with blood, from India and PRC.

amitkriit

I love money. Do you not? America feeds my stomach, and that is facilitated by $$$$$. I am also very selfish, and that is why I am here; for a better life, leaving my starving, poor, and hungry fellow countrymen in desperation and squalor.

You are spot on.

Even Abdullah Gül comes across as a compulsive liar, after hearing his comments when Syria shot down a Turkish plane. I could be wrong. I could be right.

Thank you Sir!

We will eventually drench the sands of India and PRC with blood, from India and PRC.
Yep American Dreams will come true then, may be a pay hike?
We cannot say that a war will never happen between India and China, but we must not let others reap benefit. In this case Indian and Chinese blood will be shed, so only one of us must be the benefactor, and not the USA, France or UK.

pmaitra

Yep American Dreams will come true then, may be a pay hike?
Somebody once said, "I don't care about blood, as long as it is not mine." He is an Indian - serves in the BSF, was deployed in Jammu and Kashmir for a decade.

We cannot say that a war will never happen between India and China, but we must not let others reap benefit. In this case Indian and Chinese blood will be shed, so only one of us must be the benefactor, and not the USA, France or UK.
Assume India and PRC are two prisoners.

Now read this: Prisoner's dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amit, you are intelligent. You can figure this out.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not condoning or looking for excuses, I just want to put into perspective this incident...

Of course an in debt investigation should be conducted and if there have been lapses in the handling of the situation then those responsible should be held liable.

pmaitra

^^

I already did that, in the face of the risk of being seen as a traitor to India.

It doesn't bother me anymore. Many labels have been stuck on me since the last few years. I just toss them off as flies off a horse's back. ;)

Good example.

amitkriit

Somebody once said, "I don't care about blood, as long as it is not mine." He is an Indian - serves in the BSF, was deployed in Jammy and Kashmir for a decade.

Assume India and PRC are two prisoners.

Now read this: Prisoner's dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amit, you are intelligent. You can figure this out.
1. We care because it was blood of one of our own.
2. We are not talking about Iraq, Pakistan or Afghanistan here, we are talking about India and China two progressive nations. We will do what is on our best interest. India and China haven't gone on a war, may be we will not even though West wants us to. And who told you that India and China cannot cooperate? We have cooperated when our interests converged in past and we will be doing so in future.

Back on topic, this incidence might be an indicator of many things, like India getting trapped in a crossfire in Gulf.

pmaitra

Back on topic, this incidence might be an indicator of many things, like India getting trapped in a crossfire in Gulf.
I think so too.

• The deceased man was of Indian origin. If he wasn't an Indian citizen, it's none of India's business.
  • We should all sympathize with the deceased. He wasn't commanding or commandeering the fishing vessel.
  • The deceased was not the captain. It could have been the captain's fault, as much as US sailors'. We have to wait for more details.

amitkriit

I am not condoning or looking for excuses, I just want to put into perspective this incident...

Of course an in debt investigation should be conducted and if there have been lapses in the handling of the situation then those responsible should be held liable.
And? That gives them the license to shoot first and ask question later? If they do not value our lives, then why must we care about their lives and assets? Like some people have said "These fishermen were at a wrong place at a wrong time". May be those who died in 9/11 twin tower attack were at a wrong place at a wrong time, and they must have looked out of the window and must have evacuated the building after the sight of a plane approaching (WARNING SIGNAL). May be those 4500 US soldiers who returned in body bags from Iraq and Afghanistan deserved it as well because they had entered into someone else's house without being invited.

pmaitra

I think I do. But too bad for the USSR it imploded before it could harm more South Koreans.... Dissolution of the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :rolleyes:
Thanks bud.

I call it packaging. The way you present something can alter the way you perceive the content.

For example, we have written around 75 posts, plus those deleted, on one man's death. Going by that logic, we should also devote 75x118000 posts for those 118000 killed in road accidents every year in India. We don't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/world/asia/08iht-roads.html?pagewanted=all

What matters is not how many died, but how he died.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And? That gives them the license to shoot first and ask question later? If they do not value our lives, then why must we care about their lives and assets? Like some people have said "These fishermen were at a wrong place at a wrong time". May be those who died in 9/11 twin tower attack were at a wrong place at a wrong time, and they must have looked out of the window and must have evacuated the building after the sight of a plane approaching (WARNING SIGNAL). May be those 4500 US soldiers who returned in body bags from Iraq and Afghanistan deserved it as well because they had entered into someone else's house without being invited.

You're too wrapped up in your Anti-Americanism. Here...

And what with that hug? That's so gay! :rolleyes:

Here's another one...

I'm sure there's a reason why this particular vessel where 1 alleged Indian died was fired upon. But for your blind hate it will not matter.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
There is yet another incident: Korean Air Lines Flight 007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you happen to hold similar views in that case?
That flight entered Soviet airspace, the Iran flight did not enter US airspace.

AND This was during a time when the US repeatedly, without provocation violated Soviet airspace and territorial waters, testing Soviet preparedness, testing holes in Soviet radar apparatus and taunting the Soviet Union without a credible reason.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thanks bud.

I call it packaging. The way you present something can alter the way you perceive the content.

For example, we have written around 75 posts, plus those deleted, on one man's death. Going by that logic, we should also devote 75x118000 posts for those 118000 killed in road accidents every year in India. We don't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/world/asia/08iht-roads.html?pagewanted=all

What matters is not how many died, but how he died.

Don't take my earlier statement too seriously. Of course all deaths caused intentionally are regrettable and should not be taken lightly.

pmaitra

That flight entered Soviet airspace, the Iran flight did not enter US airspace.

AND This was during a time when the US repeatedly, without provocation violated Soviet airspace, testing Soviet preparedness, testing holes in Soviet radar apparatus and taunting the Soviet Union without a credible reason.
True, but then, perhaps Soviet paranoia and US paranoia were not at the same level.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles