One Indian dead, 3 hurt after US navy fires on fishing boat

pmaitra

@WG Ewald,

You Americans have no value for life? Then what the hell are you fighting for in the world? Only American lives? Then how can you guys be the world leaders unless you care for universal human values ??

Indian may be lille fellows but they care for human values more than you guys...
I will leave it up to you to trust me, or not.

I can assure you, the lives of Indians (or Chinese, Africans, etc.) who are US citizens (and non-citizens in the US), are given utmost importance by the US government.

Please read about my personal experience: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members-corner/37996-accident-interstate-freeway.html

trackwhack

I will leave it up to you to trust me, or not.

I can assure you, the lives of Indians (or Chinese, Africans, etc.) who are US citizens (and non-citizens in the US), are given utmost importance by the US government.
@ pmaitra - are you trying to be funny? Because US citizens cannot be Indians. Of course I know what you mean, dont try to explain.

@ ewald who edits his racist posts, of course it is not a big deal - for Americans. can you even make an attempt to deny that you are headed in exactly the same direction as the brit empire?

Everyday it becomes more apparent that the best America is a fragmented one. I hope the Russians and the Chinese have some plan in place to ensure that.

pmaitra

^^

In this particular case, I think we are missing the forest for the trees. It is quite well known that many Indians are employed in the Gulf and often forced to do things they would otherwise not do. Are we certain that they were not fishing close to the US Navy vessels under duress? Such shootings do not happen everyday, so I suppose regular fishing vessels do not get so close to US Navy ships.

If an Indian Navy ship was approached in a similar fashion, and the Indian Navy personnel opened fire on that boat, would you expect me to criticize the Indian Navy?

Perhaps we can wait till more details are available. Is that reasonable enough?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@WG Ewald,

You Americans have no value for life? Then what the hell are you fighting for in the world? Only American lives? Then how can you guys be the world leaders unless you care for universal human values ??

Indian may be lille fellows but they care for human values more than you guys...
Americans are not world leaders. Our president only wants to "lead from behind." :)

The facts off the incident are not fully known. We know another USS Cole attack did not happen.

I wonder if the "fisherman" are who you think they are. Most fishing boats don't have 3 high-power outboard engines. I saw a boat like that last week - - it was a million $ sport fishing boat.

Lets have some facts introduced into this thread instead of rants from the usual bed-wetters.

trackwhack

^^

In this particular case, I think we are missing the forest for the trees. It is quite well known that many Indians are employed in the Gulf and often forced to do things they would otherwise not do. Are we certain that they were not fishing close to the US Navy vessels under duress? Such shootings do not happen everyday, so I suppose regular fishing vessels do not get so close to US Navy ships.

If an Indian Navy ship was approached in a similar fashion, and the Indian Navy personnel opened fire on that boat, would you expect me to criticize the Indian Navy?

Perhaps we can wait till more details are available. Is that reasonable enough?
Listen pmaitra, the racist turd who jumped to the conclusion that the fishermen were seeking a thrill was not me. I did not comment on the article as no inquiry has been complete and facts have not been establised. What we have now are two statements - One from USN and another from one of the survivors.

Lets not paint the aggressor as the victim before facts are out. The best one can do is say RIP to the dead and move and stop trying to defend the arrogant muppet who ordered the shooting.

btw, the only official word from the UAE says that the USN should not have fired

pmaitra

Listen pmaitra, the racist turd who jumped to the conclusion that the fishermen were seeking a thrill was not me. I did not comment on the article as no inquiry has been complete and facts have not been establised. What we have now are two statements - One from USN and another from one of the survivors.

Lets not paint the aggressor as the victim before facts are out. The best one can do is say RIP to the dead and move and stop trying to defend the arrogant muppet who ordered the shooting.
No, I am not drawing any conclusions.

Perhaps realpolitik necessitates hypocrisy, but I can assure you, if this were an Indian Navy Ship instead of a US Navy Ship, I would have stood by the Indian Navy, whether facts were present or not; and since Mr. Ewald is an American, it is not only his right, but also his sacred duty, to stand by his country's military, whether facts are present or not.

As I said, let us wait for more details - so we agree there.

I am just being honest about how I feel about this entire discussion.

trackwhack

Americans are not world leaders. Our president only wants to "lead from behind." :)

The facts off the incident are not fully known. We know another USS Cole attack did not happen.

I wonder if the "fisherman" are who you think they are. Most fishing boats don't have 3 high-power outboard engines. I saw a boat like that last week - - it was a million $ sport fishing boat.

Lets have some facts introduced into this thread instead of rants from the usual bed-wetters.
you are the one who started the judgements before facts were out. now you want to wait for facts?

have you seen what a fishing boat looks like. tells me a lot about the average american intellect when you try to determine its a fishing boat based on how many outboard motors you have.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
btw, the only official word from the UAE says that the USN should not have fired
Was that the Police Chief? :)

pmaitra

Gentlemen, kindly calm down. This is my request to all.

Let us take a tea break, shall we?

Thread closed for a short while.

pmaitra

Please attack the message, not the messenger.

Kindly cooperate. Thanks you!

Thread reopened.

trackwhack

Please attack the message, not the messenger.

Kindly cooperate. Thanks you!

Thread reopened.
What purpose does that serve. A window for the the trolls to mock us some more?

What is Ewald trying to suggest using quotation around fishing boat and fishermen? That they weren't? Is he suggesting that they were terrorists?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Bloody murdering scumbags...the person who fired should be arrested and the victims family should be compensated.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No, I am not drawing any conclusions.

Perhaps realpolitik necessitates hypocrisy, but I can assure you, if this were an Indian Navy Ship instead of a US Navy Ship, I would have stood by the Indian Navy, whether facts were present or not; and since Mr. Ewald is an American, it is not only his right, but also his sacred duty, to stand by his country's military, whether facts are present or not.

As I said, let us wait for more details - so we agree there.

I am just being honest about how I feel about this entire discussion.
And so is mine to stand by my fellow Indian citizens.

pmaitra

And so is mine to stand by my fellow Indian citizens.
I respect that stand.

I guess it is a matter of perspective, and my post tries to look at it from the perspective of the Indian Navy and the US Navy. :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I respect that stand.

I guess it is a matter of perspective, and my post tries to look at it from the perspective of the Indian Navy and the US Navy. :)
Indian navy doesn't shoot on whims...we didn't even sink that paki vessel that nearly collided with our navy ship, do you think we would have killed unarmed fishermen ?

pmaitra

Indian navy doesn't shoot on whims...we didn't even sink that paki vessel that nearly collided with our navy ship, do you think we would have killed unarmed fishermen ?
You have a point, and that gives a moral edge to the Indian Navy, but I have a different take on this.

In a place that is infested with piracy, if the Indian Navy faced a similar situation, I would rather the Indian Navy shot at the vessel. If you add the threat of Al-Qaida, then more so. I would not give importance to moral edge over ensuring the safety of Indian sailors.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
^^ Please don't post images from jehadist propaganda websites.

However, you are right, an independent inquiry should take place. Unfortunate incident.
Bro I did not post it from "jehadist propaganda websites" my source was video news from RT, Dailymail and other top website more than that what i posted was FACT where every the source may be.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles