One BSF jawan dies, another untraceable after falling in gorge

Phantom

The Jawan who died suffered head injuries?? Why not wear a proper Helmet during patrols instead of those fanciful bandana-like patkas? :frusty:

Phantom

its an accident which happened on duty .
I got that. But the report says the Jawan suffered head injuries and died as a consequence. I can't help but notice our Jawans and Special Forces shunning the faithful Helmet and instead draping their heads with flimsy cloth!

It would be a shame if the unfortunate Jawan who died had also failed to put his Helmet. It might have saved his life.

RIP.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I got that. But the report says the Jawan suffered head injuries and died as a consequence. I can't help but notice our Jawans and Special Forces shunning the faithful Helmet and instead draping their heads with flimsy cloth!

It would be a shame if the unfortunate Jawan who died had also failed to put his Helmet. It might have saved his life.

RIP.
I do got your point as army means discipline but still this doesn't means that soldiers should not be remembered who are no more because of accidents .

DivineHeretic

Country flag
The Jawan who died suffered head injuries?? Why not wear a proper Helmet during patrols instead of those fanciful bandana-like patkas? :frusty:
If you are going to curse an equipment, at least curse its flaws. And that my friend, requires a rudimentary knowledge of the equipment.

Did you know the Patka is the only helmet in the world that will stop a 7.62x39 round fired from an Ak-47 at 50m? Or that every COIN unit prefers to wear this helmet over a Kevlar helmet? I could go on and on, but I'll do you a favor and let you read about it.

And btw, no matter which way I look at it, how did the Patka look fanciful to anyone? It looks weird, to put it mildly.

Neil

Country flag
R.I.P to the jawan... condolences to his family... speedy recovery to the other jawan...

thank u for your service gents...!!

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
If you are going to curse an equipment, at least curse its flaws. And that my friend, requires a rudimentary knowledge of the equipment.

Did you know the Patka is the only helmet in the world that will stop a 7.62x39 round fired from an Ak-47 at 50m? Or that every COIN unit prefers to wear this helmet over a Kevlar helmet? I could go on and on, but I'll do you a favor and let you read about it.

And btw, no matter which way I look at it, how did the Patka look fanciful to anyone? It looks weird, to put it mildly.
I believe he was talking about bandana-type cloth so popular among some forces as a headgear.

t_co

How does a patka stop a 7.62 round?

Blackwater

and without safety gear includes tie with ropes or go in pair with ropes

Phantom

I think you misunderstood me again. What you're refering to is the standard army issue Helmet called Patka, but what I'm refering to is the simple piece of cloth that our soldiers sometimes(or is it most of the times these days?) drape around their heads. Confusing as it is, both are known as Patka.

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00163/IN16_RAJOURI_163613f.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles