On Modi's visit, Chinese show India without AP and Jammu Kashmir

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@hit&run

Too many assumptions here.

1) Pakistan is not going to give up its war ideology against India. I do not see it happening in near future. International or Chinese pressure does not count.

2) Your whole post follows from the premise that Chinese incursion during Xi's India visit was independent action of a rogue unit. It is too difficult to believe this assumption.

Give me some specifics why you think so.

1) Pakistan will be the loser in that case.

2) No my post doesn't follows from that premise I can start even far from that.

Thanks

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
show turkestan , tibet , inner mongolia and manchuria in different shades of tbe same colour as therest of china

stop chickening out by excluding japan from joint mltary exercises eg currect one in malabar
include vietnam in such exercises

station equipment in vietnam
to hell with npt set up nuclear plants iv viet which have paramilitary use and station
uniformed troops to train them and ask them for military base

increase our naval activity in scs - incollaboration with japan viet n usa

open consulate in taiwan and refuse to answer if it is part of china

increase image of india as sole leader of buddhism and increase image of DL on tv for
intl brdcast actively courte buddhidts in all asian countries and isolate china in all buddhist
activities by DL and his successor in india

actively help DL choose successor in india

GokuInd

Yes the whole world knows that the Chinese are illegally occupying Tibet and Aksai Chin. I thank you for reiterating that point.
Don't forget the massive human rights violations in Xinjiang as well. Ask any Uyghur about what rights Muslims have in the "Middle Kingdom".

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Give me some specifics why you think so.

1) Pakistan will be the loser in that case.

2) No my post doesn't follows from that premise I can start even far from that.

Thanks
1) Pakistan is a loser and is based on an ideology which hates the kafirs. If you think business sense will overcome this hatred, I think it is naive. An ideological state can do many irrational things. Hatred of India would never let them consciously dismantle the terror machinery.

2) China is not as ideologically mad as Pakistan but you are reading too much into conflicting signals. China has much better economic relations with Japan but it does not change their stand in any way. Japan actually helped China thinking that improved economic relations will cool down their historical enmity, but China's posture is turning more aggressive. I do not see why you think Chinese will react differently in the case of India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No big deal.

DD can show China without Tibet, Xinjaing and Inner Mongolia and part of NE China which was Manchurian country.

sukhish

good to see modi begging for India seat at UNSC and NSG. do they really give a rat about it.

hit&run

Mod
1) Pakistan is a loser and is based on an ideology which hates the kafirs. If you think business sense will overcome this hatred, I think it is naive. An ideological state can do many irrational things. Hatred of India would never let them consciously dismantle the terror machinery.

2) China is not as ideologically mad as Pakistan but you are reading too much into conflicting signals. China has much better economic relations with Japan but it does not change their stand in any way. Japan actually helped China thinking that improved economic relations will cool down their historical enmity, but China's posture is turning more aggressive. I do not see why you think Chinese will react differently in the case of India.
Again no specifics, stuck in past, no effort to diversify the thought process of readers, fallacy of asking me to pin point one single reason of different geo political phenomenons, accusing me of assumptions when I have backed with my own readings but you yourself has very strong predetermined assumptions for every thing.

I thought I have used quite strong rhetoric against both China and Pakistan by backing them up with good reasons. But here you want to compete with me by lynching on my own assertion and telling me that I am wrong. Go and fucking read my posts again and come back to tell me what I have not said that you think you will add by ploughing into my assertions.

sukhish

Again no specifics, stuck in past, no effort to diversify the thought process of readers, fallacy of asking me to pin point one single reason of different geo political phenomenons, accusing me of assumptions when I have backed with my own readings but you yourself has very strong predetermined assumptions for every thing.

I thought I have used quite strong rhetoric against both China and Pakistan by backing them up with good reasons. But here you want to compete with me by lynching on my own assertion and telling me that I am wrong. Go and fucking read my posts again and come back to tell me what I have not said that you think you will add by ploughing into my assertions.
most of the folks in this forum live in some dream land that pakistan will destroy itself. nothing of that will happen.
pakistan is coming out of the slumber slowly and surely. their hatered and competition with india will always remain.
slowly but surely all the foreign leaders have started to visit , cricket has also slowly started and we do not even know where Daud is. keep dreaming in LA LA land, pakistan knows US and China too well now, thier suppport will always be there, weather we like it or not.

hit&run

Mod
most of the folks in this forum live in some dream land that pakistan will destroy itself. nothing of that will happen.
pakistan is coming out of the slumber slowly and surely. their hatered and competition with india will always remain.
slowly but surely all the foreign leaders have started to visit , cricket has also slowly started and we do not even know where Daud is. keep dreaming in LA LA land, pakistan knows US and China too well now, thier suppport will always be there, weather we like it or not.
I have said this many years back on WAB that Pakistan is big enough to not get Isolated. Having said that I am not saying Pakistan on one good day will turnaround and realize its mistake and be friend with India. Neither I am saying India shouldn't try to Isolate her. The recent Modi's visit (which must have been schedule months ago) to China is certainly a reality check for Pakistan.

As far as any such discussion is concern then we can not wish away internal politics from it, actually any discussion for that matter. The usual Modi detractors will try to make Modi's diplomatic efforts a flop show or add caveats and his supporter will try to project it as success. But any good reader will try to look for more balancing approach to keep the thought process open for future.

Regards

hit&run

Mod
Correction : I have said this many years back on WAB that Pakistan is big enough to not get Isolated. Here I am trying to say that Pakistan can not be Isolated as it is significantly big.

prohumanity

Country flag
Three cheers to hit and run for bringing some depth to this discussion. China has been consistent about idea of "win win situation" meaning that if all neighbors put business and trade at the forefront ..the minor irritants such as border disputes can be solved down the road. Educated and prosperous nations can talk more logically and can see the big picture. The problem with Pakistan is there is no central authority to chart a clear foreign policy course...on one side is Nawaj Sharif who agrees with Xi and Modi that trade is the priority BUT on the other hand ..there are still powerful elements in Paki Army (plus Musaffarites) who want to stay in the past policy of licking the butts of USA+KSA and keep enriching themselves by playing the role of hired guns to poke India..
The same policy that they have been following for decades and getting lots of dollars and weapons from West.
West would love to pit India against China as part of its "china containment policy" but likes of Modi does not want to make India a vassal state of the West. In this case, for West ..Pakistan still remains a strategic asset which potentially can be used against India or China or Russia,if needed. With China, India and Russia on one side of the scale and trading with each other, West loses markets for most items including high tech weapons. Success in pitting India and China against each other works well for current G-7 world order and the hegemony can be continued for another several decades. If not, the hegemony is in serious danger.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Diversification for diversification sake is not a good argument.

Your all posts are based on the assumption that economic benefits trump any ideological position. I would have given more weight to your assumptions had Pakistan not bluffed US in the last 10 years. Same would happen with the Chinese. As far as China is concerned rather than explaining its hostile posture vis a vis Japan over riding their economic ties, you are asking me to fucking read your posts when I summarized them in one line. I would be happy to know how you can draw any conclusions from conflicting Chinese signals, without making any assumptions.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Three cheers to hit and run for bringing some depth to this discussion. China has been consistent about idea of "win win situation" meaning that if all neighbors put business and trade at the forefront ..the minor irritants such as border disputes can be solved down the road. Educated and prosperous nations can talk more logically and can see the big picture. The problem with Pakistan is there is no central authority to chart a clear foreign policy course...on one side is Nawaj Sharif who agrees with Xi and Modi that trade is the priority BUT on the other hand ..there are still powerful elements in Paki Army (plus Musaffarites) who want to stay in the past policy of licking the butts of USA+KSA and keep enriching themselves by playing the role of hired guns to poke India..
The same policy that they have been following for decades and getting lots of dollars and weapons from West.
West would love to pit India against China as part of its "china containment policy" but likes of Modi does not want to make India a vassal state of the West. In this case, for West ..Pakistan still remains a strategic asset which potentially can be used against India or China or Russia,if needed. With China, India and Russia on one side of the scale and trading with each other, West loses markets for most items including high tech weapons. Success in pitting India and China against each other works well for current G-7 world order and the hegemony can be continued for another several decades. If not, the hegemony is in serious danger.
And China is really that benevolent neighbour who wants India to grow stronger and stronger in their backyard!!

Russia is a non-entity for trade with China and India. Both these countries trade much more with the west and it would not change in any near future.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Pakistan is getting its own dose of terror medicine. It is not coming out of slumber but its hands are tied with internal problems.

Your belief in cricket diplomacy exposes the depth of your understanding. This diplomacy has started and failed umpteen number of times in the past. Last time we got Kargil when we tried to be too friendly with them. The guns at the border have not even fallen silent given their recent attempts to help infiltration of terrorists.

So, nothing is going to change. Yes, we know that it would not self-destruct. Given its nuclear status, too much is at stake and the global order will not let Pak fail so soon in the future.

Country flag
I am starting to think modi is giving up to much to appease the Chinese?
Why visit and give Evisas to a country undermining you stealing your territory?
Stapling your visas and arming your enemy?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I am starting to think modi is giving up to much to appease the Chinese?
Why visit and give Evisas to a country undermining you stealing your territory?
Stapling your visas and arming your enemy?
Chinese are big tourist group and India should make money from it. But India should start giving stapled Visas to Tibetans.

Country flag
No matter what india does china does not change its policy towards india.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles