On India's West Coast, INS Vajrakosh, the Largest Naval Base East of the Suez Canal

tharikiran

Country flag
This base is really close to the Mullah country.
See, you can't live in perpetual fear. Delhi is within reach of Pakistani missiles.So is Islamabad to ours.Do you know how close Seoul is to North Korea.If the base is close to the mullah country, so is the country close to our navy for an attack. One needs to look at it in a positive way. A country needs it's defense forces to be bold and make bold decisions.What do you want... all our ships and navy to be based out of Andaman ..:bounce:

I_PLAY_BAD

See, you can't live in perpetual fear. Delhi is within reach of Pakistani missiles.So is Islamabad to ours.Do you know how close Seoul is to North Korea.If the base is close to the mullah country, so is the country close to our navy for an attack. One needs to look at it in a positive way. A country needs it's defense forces to be bold and make bold decisions.What do you want... all our ships and navy to be based out of Andaman ..:bounce:
Yes, I know that but such a large base with most of the ships docked there can be one of possible initial nuclear attack targets for Pakistan. We cannot rule that possibility out. In that case we could lose out on an effective counter-attack opportunity by means of the navy.
And it is not fear, it is precaution. We cannot go stand in front of enemy bare chested and call it boldness.

tharikiran

Country flag
Rest assured in times of war or even a hint of it, ships will be out sailing and will be berthed outside karachi and not Karwar.:rofl:We will have sufficient warning before pakis go for siucide i.e a first strike. It's not going to be like.. tomorrow morning Pakistan went for nuclear first strike.Therefore your fear and premise doesn't make sense.

We...err...our satellites are watching them.We must be tracking their subs..their ships.Anything coming out in the open sea in the Arabian sea.We got eyes on them.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Yes, I know that but such a large base with most of the ships docked there can be one of possible initial nuclear attack targets for Pakistan. We cannot rule that possibility out. In that case we could lose out on an effective counter-attack opportunity by means of the navy.
And it is not fear, it is precaution. We cannot go stand in front of enemy bare chested and call it boldness.
Most of the ships are never going to be docked there. The ships will be in rotation, and a good many nos. of ships will be in Eastern command. Further, pakistan does not have any such air assets that can attack it and cause substantial damage this far out. A

I_PLAY_BAD

Rest assured in times of war or even a hint of it, ships will be out sailing and will be berthed outside karachi and not Karwar.:rofl:We will have sufficient warning before pakis go for siucide i.e a first strike. It's not going to be like.. tomorrow morning Pakistan went for nuclear first strike.Therefore your fear and premise doesn't make sense.

We...err...our satellites are watching them.We must be tracking their subs..their ships.Anything coming out in the open sea in the Arabian sea.We got eyes on them.
We have to wait and see what is going to happen.

I_PLAY_BAD

Most of the ships are never going to be docked there. The ships will be in rotation, and a good many nos. of ships will be in Eastern command. Further, pakistan does not have any such air assets that can attack it and cause substantial damage this far out. A
They have a better Air force now. It is not like 1971 when their air force was impotent. Still not better than IA but PA has improved a lot.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We have bigger and better things in the pipeline - INS Varsha, though that's probably more oriented towards China.

tharikiran

Country flag
They have a better Air force now. It is not like 1971 when their air force was impotent. Still not better than IA but PA has improved a lot.
Whatever, they may or may not have.For the near future our navy dominates Pakistan navy. Period.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Nothing in PAF arsenal can attack and get back to safety his far out. It will have to be a suicide mission, and even though there might not be derth of Fidayeens in PAF too, the base will be protected by not only SAMs, but fighters from the ACs too. The base is at suffucuent distance unless you want it to position at Kanyakumari.

warrior monk

India's western coast has a smaller continental self at a 1 to 4 degree angle and less than 50 kms which will make it tough for our SSBNs and our SSNs to operate that is why INS Varsha is being created on our eastern coast.
On a different note 2 Schuka B SSNs of India can make us own the Pakistani coastline and the surrounding seas

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
There's already a port being developed on the East coast at Rambilli called Project Varsha. Though it is primarily an 'underground' submarine base, it will include surface vessels too. (Underground here would mean vessels berthed in tunnels to protect against a missile/nuke attacks).

nitish.sarangi

Hi All,
This is my first post in the forum.I would like to put forward this hypothesis:
If Pakistan launches a nuke strike on Karwar, then the war has already escalated to a Nuclear one which means it will be MAD(Mutual Assured Destruction) with both sides nuking each other. But considering a conventional war, I think Karwar is rightly positioned to host the Indian Warships. A Pakistani fighter squadron needs to cross that arabian sea undetected with air to air refuelling.. which seems very unlikely. Even though powerful radars and air assets would be stationed at Karwar, I believe the South Western Air command would be the one to react first with intelligence inputs and would be ready to scramble Su-30s from Lohegaon to intercept the aggressors long before they can reach Karwar. What do you guys think?

I_PLAY_BAD

Hi All,
This is my first post in the forum.I would like to put forward this hypothesis:
If Pakistan launches a nuke strike on Karwar, then the war has already escalated to a Nuclear one which means it will be MAD(Mutual Assured Destruction) with both sides nuking each other. But considering a conventional war, I think Karwar is rightly positioned to host the Indian Warships. A Pakistani fighter squadron needs to cross that arabian sea undetected with air to air refuelling.. which seems very unlikely. Even though powerful radars and air assets would be stationed at Karwar, I believe the South Western Air command would be the one to react first with intelligence inputs and would be ready to scramble Su-30s from Lohegaon to intercept the aggressors long before they can reach Karwar. What do you guys think?
Future war with Pakistan will be nuclear. Considering that "fact" I doubt the edge this base will give for us. If it is conventional war then this base will give us a definitive edge. I agree with that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles