Oil & Gas Boom for South East Asia

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Expect PLAN to invade Vietnam, Philippines and Taiwan in another 7-8 years.

East Asia might go on war against each other for this; and US won't be intervening.

happy

Expect PLAN to invade Vietnam, Philippines and Taiwan in another 7-8 years.

East Asia might go on war against each other for this; and US won't be intervening.
If that happens, i.e, if Philippines is invaded, US will surely involve and behold 3rd world war.

amoy

If that happens, i.e, if Philippines is invaded, US will surely involve and behold 3rd world war.
War? ever heard of the gist of the Art of War? such as intimidating rivals without fighting - Chinese cut off cables of a French surveillance ship hired by Vietnam, patrol and drive away Filipno boats off shoals/reefs or block access to lagoon, threaten intl energy firms not to bid for disputed blocks (meantime Chinese develop self drilling capability ), and subsidize Chinese trawlers to fish in SCS, etc. etc.

all ongoing by peaceful means without escalating to "war" or invasion!

big powers play by mutually acknowledged "rules" . here's the game that never ends - Chinese stir up SCS tensions while minors would be fleeced by paying US $$ for arms import as "protection fee".

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

happy

War? ever heard of the gist of the Art of War? such as intimidating rivals without fighting - Chinese cut off cables of a French surveillance ship hired by Vietnam, patrol and drive away Filipno boats off shoals/reefs or block access to lagoon, threaten intl energy firms not to bid for disputed blocks (meantime Chinese develop self drilling capability ), and subsidize Chinese trawlers to fish in SCS, etc. etc.

all ongoing by peaceful means without escalating to "war" or invasion!

big powers play by mutually acknowledged "rules" . here's the game that never ends - Chinese stir up SCS tensions while minors would be fleeced by paying US $$ for arms import as "protection fee".

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Yes and China is practically implementing it by the trying to contain India through the String of Pearls. Likewise, US is also trying to make India a player in its own strategy to contain China. But, IMHO every act has some extremes.

Main reason why US has a permanent base in Philippines.

The same thing with Japan and that island.

I hate to disagree, but those are just allegations. Pls post links for the bold part.

aerokan

Country flag
Yes and China is practically implementing it by the trying to contain India through the String of Pearls. Likewise, US is also trying to make India a player in its own strategy to contain China. But, IMHO every act has some extremes.

Main reason why US has a permanent base in Philippines.

The same thing with Japan and that island.

I hate to disagree, but those are just allegations. Pls post links for the bold part.
what amoy said is right except the strategies will eventually be visible to every country and will be ineffective in a while. China had it's good run and will continue to escalate for the next decade. But then again China is too greedy and that will eventually pull the covers on it. And he falsely assumes that 'art of war' is exclusive to China and thinks others won't retaliate using similar strategies. Probably he forgot that India is going ahead with oil drilling surrounding Vietnamese islands despite the Chinese threats anyways

happy

what amoy said is right except the strategies will eventually be visible to every country and will be ineffective in a while. China had it's good run and will continue to escalate for the next decade. But then again China is too greedy and that will eventually pull the covers on it. And he falsely assumes that 'art of war' is exclusive to China and thinks others won't retaliate using similar strategies. Probably he forgot that India is going ahead with oil drilling surrounding Vietnamese islands despite the Chinese threats anyways
Thats the problem. They are almost always partially right. :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles