Obamas security in Delhi

Discussion in 'Internal Security' started by The Messiah, Jan 9, 2015.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Am i the only one who finds it totally reprehensible that yankee marines will be present in India gate pointing guns at Indians ?

He should fcuk off back to usa if he thinks Indian security isn't upto the mark.

Sameet Pattnaik likes this.
  3. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It is standard policy for every President/PM of every country to take a small posse of his own bodyguards when he travels abroad. Modi takes his own inner security layer with him when he travels.

But there is a limit - the inner circle of bodyguards can be from the host nation. But not a whole horde. There was some controversy during Obama's previous visit when some Mumbai cops got pissed off with "the secret service trying to meddle and interfere more than required".

Let us see how many guards accompany him. But he is definitely allowed to have a core security detail from the US, as per international protocol.

4. The Messiah

Half a dozen secret service guys is the norm. Im talking about marines manning the outer circle.

Sameet Pattnaik likes this.
  5. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

actually, it is known that both are in the hit list may be top 5 of those fu*king terrorists but even I feel that there should be protocol of limitations.

6. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Yankee marines are needed to supplement local security services. That will give the Americans greater confidence into Obama security. We need that, we need Obama to come, stay safe and return home safely. If everything goes right then, it will be a feather in India 's cap.

After watching what was going on at Gujarat coast, in Paris and daily effort by Pakis to infiltrate LOC, keeping highly targetted leaders absolutely safe is of paramount importance.

Just a point, no matter where the US President goes, US secret service perimeter is always manned by them. Others provide circle two and three security.

jackprince and parijataka like this.
  7. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

true. Security of the nation's leaders should not be taken as a prestige issue. Neither theirs nor ours. We have invited them knowing that such security will be in position during Obama's visit, so being a host we should not suddenly take this minute matter as an issue at all.

8. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Last time Obama visited India he was kept inside the Mumbai Airport and was not allowed to set foot on Indian Soil for around 45 minutes by the Mumbai Police because of some disagreement over his security arrangements. Our security and law-enforcement agencies are competent enough and his security personnel must not get too cocky about it.

In my opinion Modi must prefer to not welcome him as Chief Guest of our Republic Day Parade than having some US Marines pointing their guns at Indian citizens on Indian soil. In fact there are indicators that Obama may not attend the parade.

We don't need a US president to be here to make us feel important.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    The Messiah likes this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

10. salute

salute Senior Member Senior Member

it means pakis are just like somali pirates asking money for safe passage,

worse even.

11. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

So, the conversation will go something like this, wouldn't it?

Obama: I don't want to attend the ceremony.
    Modi: The invitation still stands.
    Obama: Nonetheless, I won't attend the ceremony.
    Modi: Cool.

DingDong likes this.
  12. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

May be Modi has done to Obama what he had done to "Nawaz Sharif" earlier. This might be of zero consequence for Obama, but this visit is politically beneficial for Modi.

I read this somewhere (not reproduced exactly):
    Diplomacy is an art of offering poison to an adversary in such a manner that the adversary would accept it with a grin on his face and then drink it.

Upsc Ias and pmaitra like this.
  13. genius

genius Regular Member

The US denied visa to Modi.
    Modi reacts by inviting the US president.

Hindu self-respect at its best.

Neo likes this.
  14. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Its not about Hindu self respect. Its about Political game where your beloved country - Pakistan is getting cornered and isolated big time.

THe only person without self respect is you who is pouting nonsense at every discussion.

If Modi Invites Obama ..its also Called TOLERANCE..or in your case TOLERANCE of a HINDU.. The reason why people like you are still alive.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  15. Bangalorean

Guys like @genius make me realize that there is absolutely no hope of peace or brotherhood with these scum. We have to keep mercilessly bashing their skulls in, like we have been doing. There should be no respite, no let-up. They don't understand the language of peace and tolerance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  16. The Messiah

Police vehicles weren't allowed near the plane then, this must not be tolerated.

There's a difference between being a good host and a gulaam.

17. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

Marines is a bit much but whatever, just give Modi a photo-op, sign the deals and be on your way Mr. President. :wave:

18. genius

genius Regular Member

Appu, calm down. It is the USA that denied visa to an Indian. Yet you're not mad at the USA? Why, is it because you are scared ... or because you lack self-respect?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  19. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

What if the PM of India need him?

20. Bangalorean

I'm not mad at the USA because they are influenced by the likes of you and your leftie terrorist pals. They will react to a situation the way it is presented to them. Anti-national traitors like you get together and send a letter to Obama demanding that he refuse to give a Visa to Modi. You traitors did this as recently as 2013.

You terrorists pretend to hate the US, but grovel before the US to prevent an Indian from getting a Visa, by painting him as a "genocidal maniac", and a variety of other things. When the Indian has an event in the US, you terrorists get together and prevent the event from taking place. It is you terrorists who created the environment for such shit to happen.

I may be only slightly miffed with the USA, because unlike you terrorists, "US Visa" is not a great achievement in my eyes. For terrorists like you, an American Visa is the pinnacle of achievement, never mind all your anti-US rants. But for me, I don't really care.

In short, though I am only slightly annoyed with the USA, I know who the real traitors and enemies are - people like you. You are the ones who need to be hounded and punished.

21. genius

genius Regular Member

Typical Appu. Always angry with fellow patriots and groveling at America's feet. If you have guts, then say that you hate the USA for denying visa to our PM Modi.... say it openly on this forum, let's see if you have the guts.

Neo likes this.