Obama Wins 2012 elections, Implications for India and the World

pmaitra

Nobody taxed them yet. Unless there's a different reality in the US. But from what I know in 2010 the Bushe-era tax cuts were extended by 2 years. So it will end this December.
The taxes I have been filing for several years must have been an illusion then.

Help yourself: We are talking about more taxation of the rich. What does the PDF say?

[PDF]http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf[/PDF]

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I Live In Indiana and we went with the other guy. Obama in a baby killer and left wing extremist like Hitler. No one likes him it just democrats vote for democrats even if the candidate is the devil himself. Four more years like the last four, I can't wait.
Obama is a baby killer?

Is abortion or contraception wrong?

50% Catholics voted for Obama and 48% for Romney.

Are you living in the medieval times?

Next you will say heretics should be burnt as witches at the stake!

If it were Sarah Palin who said this, it would be understandable since she see Russia from her window (must be a Wiccan to see things that others can't see).

Or is a Redneck or a Hillbilly said so since education is way out of their realm!

Left wingers are Hitler?

I thought Hitler was a way right wing chap!

Come, come., your slip is showing!

To be frank, it matters not to me how the US swings since it will not change anything.

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Old man, I know what I'am talking about since I am in that business. Not in wall street of course. But yes, the market can be manipulated on the short term but not on the medium to long term. It is well established that in wall street a lot of big funds, traders and billionaires do not like this administration and they are vocal about it. This lack of enthusiasm in the short term reflects their deep disappointment (a lot of them are selling off purely on emotions).
You may be in the business, but what makes you think I'm completely unaware of the minutes of this business?
Now coming back to the subject on hand, Obama has stressed on the importance of taxing the rich and funnelling that wealth to "the people". We all know who these people are. People who took loans recklessly. The same people who lost their homes, not unjustly or by force mind you, but through established law and financial practices. So in comes their saviour and he declares that these people should not suffer at all for their misdeeds. Let those who took risks and bet on their investing skills suffer alone. What kind of policy is this? At best both will have to suffer equally. But taxing the rich merely because they were enterprising enough to stay afloat in a sinking economy is grossly immoral and unethical.
Next comes his tirade against companies which outsource jobs. If some companies are clever enough and efficient enough to conduct business in a manner which retains the quality of their service but more cost effectively, is that a sin? In a mad populist orgy, BO has forgotten all the basics. These same companies kept American treasury afloat with tax dollars mind you which this hopeless fool intends to give away to the undeserving.
Next comes the intention of this man to tackle recession. Iceland is a model for that. Briefly they tackled the whole thing by ousting the banks. And now look how well Iceland has done since. But what does this government do? They simply continue to dole bailouts to big corporations and then at the end of four years, pay lip service to things like education and services by merely promising more funds, just to get the votes.
Very unfortunate the way this man is going about handling the US economy. I dare say our inept prime minister would have done a far better job.

Next comes the topic of race. American character is defined by it. Deny it, but that won't necessarily mean any less of it. The misled and misguided voted for this man chasing an illusion and that too for the sake of political correctness. This will hit back on America, hard.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@spikey360,

The Housing Bubble originated during the Bill Clinton era, but it is true that those that supported the bill included both Democrat and Republican Congressmen.

Last edited by a moderator:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@spikey360,

The Housing Bubble originated during the Bill Clinton era, but it is true that those that supported the bill included both Democrat and Republican Congressmen.
So at best, an impartial person should hold both the investors and the loan takesrs responsible, right? But the American President doesn't see things that way. To him, those who loaned money but stayed rich(much of which he put in their pockets by giving big bailouts) are now completely responsible for that. They, in his opinion should be taxed to death.
In short he's all for a managed economy. Just like the one which existed on the other side of the Atlantic, 20 years ago. If free market has taught us anything it is that free market should not be tightly regulated for it to bring prosperity.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ spikey360

You're crudely generalising people. Not all poor or middle class are lazy or idiots.

pmaitra

Comment from Telegraph UK:

paitonboy
just now

This insanity of voting in Obama again to continue with his wrecking ball of economic policies will be the end of America.

As Alexis de Tocqueville said:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."

The world will rue the day when that happens. The coming age of China in the ascendancy will give rise to a society that today's gloating liberals will certainly not enjoy.

What madness.
Source: How Barack Obama changed the face of America - Telegraph

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@ spikey360

You're crudely generalising people. Not all poor or middle class are lazy or idiots.
Well, then in the American context, it doesn't make America a land of dreams, does it? I thought every hard working person can make it in America. That was an illusion then, eh?

pmaitra

So at best, an impartial person should hold both the investors and the loan takesrs responsible, right? But the American President doesn't see things that way. To him, those who loaned money but stayed rich(much of which he put in their pockets by giving big bailouts) are now completely responsible for that. They, in his opinion should be taxed to death.
In short he's all for a managed economy. Just like the one which existed on the other side of the Atlantic, 20 years ago. If free market has taught us anything it is that free market should not be tightly regulated for it to bring prosperity.
I agree.

I would add, he didn't give any money to anybody. All he did was print more currency bills, i.e. inflated the US Dollar (QE1 and QE2), and then gave them away. Earlier, Bill Clinton did everything he could to get people qualified for housing loans, which they would otherwise not qualify for. This resulted in an unnatural increase in the supply of loans, thus raising property prices, which had to fall, once natural forces took over.

Shame!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Two issues made me a trifle wary of Mitt Romney. Not that Obama is a delight.

One was:

Finally, the president should have built a credible threat of military action and made it very clear that the United States of America is willing, in the final analysis, if necessary, to take military action to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon
Romney on Iran
And the other:

We have to have China understand that like everybody else on the world stage, they have to play by the rules. And if they do, we'll have open trade with them and work with them. And they should in every way want to collaborate with us and not become a belligerent nation economically or militarily. But if you just continue to sit back and let them run over us, the policies of Barack Obama in China have allowed China to continue to expand their, their, entry into our computer systems, their entry"¦ and, stealing our intellectual property"¦

And of course, their, their military capacity"¦
Romney on China
Militarily against Iran?

Another fiasco and another fruitless war that will sink the US economy further?

Another fruitless war that will show up the US what Mao called them - paper tiger?

And then state that there will should be no trade with China which is a currency manipulator?

If the cheap Chinese goods that sustain the consumer in the time of economic downturn vanishes, what will happen to the US people?

Think that over.

Rhetoric at best!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
America used to be a land of "dreams," now it is a land of "hope."
Americans sustain themselves with hyperbole.

Nothing out of character.

It still continues to be a land of dreams or else why should there be so many illegitimate immigrants?.

Hope builds Dreams!

And how did the US come to such a sorry economic pass?

Wars.

Unnecessary wars to feed the US self assumed desire to play Superman and a Warrior against Evil!

And pray, what was the evil that necessitated the wars?

At best, it was against Osama and the Taliban.

But why Iraq and go against the basic Principles of War - Selection and Maintenance of Aim and Economy of Effort.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Americans sustain themselves with hyperbole.

Nothing out of character.

It still continues to be a land of dreams or else why should there be so many illegitimate immigrants?.

Hope builds Dreams!
There are many illegitimate immigrants in India as well @Ray Sir. Does that make India a land of dreams? Not in my eyes, but definitely in the eyes of many people in BD.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many illegitimate immigrants in India as well @Ray Sir. Does that make India a land of dreams? Not in my eyes, but definitely in the eyes of many people in BD.
For the illegal immigrants in India, yes, India is a Land of their Dreams!

Or else why come?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As Republicans sort through what went wrong for former Republican nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday, they might look back ruefully at four words that became forever associated with the GOP nominee: "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."

pmaitra

As Republicans sort through what went wrong for former Republican nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday, they might look back ruefully at four words that became forever associated with the GOP nominee: "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."
Detroit was morally bankrupt the day the government and the Big-3 traded bailouts for votes. Romney just spoke the uncomfortable truth.

Democracy doesn't work.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles