Obama will talk to China about hacking our weapon systems

Discussion in 'China' started by W.G.Ewald, May 29, 2013.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

White House: Obama will talk to China about hacking our weapon systems | WashingtonExaminer.com

3. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

Pentagon: The Chinese stole our newest weapons

http://rt.com/usa/us-chinese-report-defense-888/

:tsk: :tsk:

arnabmit and W.G.Ewald like this.
  4. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

5. W.G.Ewald

American hackers are amateurs and geeks.

[​IMG]

Chinese hackers are part of PLA.

Chinese hackers steal plans for F-35.

What could America steal from PLAAF?

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    arnabmit likes this.
  6. Impluseblade

Impluseblade Regular Member

I don't know a lot of hacking but I always have two questions.
    1) Most of the allegations are based on IP addresses that can be linked to some servers in China. If I were a thief and stole something from your home, why would I leave my address at the scene?
    2) Why are these computers with top secrete so easy to be hacked? Are the IT guys in these companies not competent? I doubt so. I think many of these systems don't even have physical connections with outside internet.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  7. Impluseblade

Impluseblade Regular Member

Wang Xiaoyun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wang Xiaoyun (simplified Chinese: 王小云; traditional Chinese: 王小雲; pinyin: Wáng Xiǎoyún) (born 1966) is a researcher and professor in the Department of Mathematics and System Science, Shandong University, Shandong, China.

At the rump session of CRYPTO 2004, she and co-authors demonstrated collision attacks against MD5, SHA-0 and other related hash functions. (A collision occurs when two distinct messages result in the same hash function output). They received a standing ovation for their work.

In February 2005 it was reported that Wang and co-authors had found a method to find collisions in the SHA-1 hash function, which is used in many of today's mainstream security products. Their attack is estimated to require less than 2^69 operations, far fewer than the 2^80 operations previously thought needed to find a collision in SHA-1. Their work was published at the CRYPTO '05 conference. In August 2005, an improved attack on SHA-1, discovered by Xiaoyun Wang, Andrew Yao and Frances Yao, was announced at the CRYPTO conference rump session. The time complexity of the new attack is claimed to be 2^63.

-----
    Maybe Prof. Wang made another breakthrough after 2005 and her research has not yet be published. However, SHA-1 has been replaced by SHA224, SHA256, SHA384 or or SHA512 these days and it is hard to break the new standards within a "reasonable" period.

8. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

Really? I just can't believe someone would really accept that USA doesn't have cyber soldiers of their own!

Do you have any solid evidence? Except some "anonymous souce"?

Yes, Americans said so! Any evidence?

Well, Chinese said that they can and they did!

9. W.G.Ewald

There are already threads with posts on the subject with some credible sources.

I think blaming Pentagon blaming Chinese is pointless anyway, and revealing any damage done creates more liability.

If US can't defeat Chinese digital threat, shame on us.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  10. J20!

J20! Senior Member Senior Member

Oooh please!!!! Do you honestly believe that Ewald?

Hacking originated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology( or MIT) way back in the 50's. American hackers have the longest, most proficient and most illustrious history.

The hackers YOU know about are college armatures. So what you're saying is the CIA, FBI etc haven't gotten wind of the biggest data collection tools since espionage began? That they are too gallant and noble to hack foreign networks? How do you think they get their info in this digital age?

This is just the white house crying wolf over something they do as well.

How do you think the Pentagon get's its information for the release of the annual China Report? A detailed report that investigates major Chinese weapons systems as well quite classified information on developmental and brand-spanking-new, national security imperative ballistic missiles. The days of 007 ended way back in the cold war, this is the hacker age my friend.

Chinese government offices and AVIC's networks are some of the most foreign hacker assaulted computer systems on the globe. Please don't fall for the political dog and pony show... The biggest hacking threats out there are the ones you don't know about.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    SinghSher1984 and W.G.Ewald like this.
  11. J20!

J20! Senior Member Senior Member

Hacking is an international endeavour and problem. Almost all major economic and military powers have multiple hacking arms in their armed forces as well as intelligence agencies. Trying to single out the biggest source of international hacking, ie China, as Washingtron seems to be doing is hypocricy at its core. The US comes in a close second after China as a source of international hackers:

Origins of Global Hacks: America And China are Leader | CyberGuerre

China and the US rank as no. 1 and no. 2 respectively. They also rank no. 1 and no. 2 in the number of internet users in their populations. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they are the biggest hacker countries.

Same thing goes for pollution. China and the States rank no. 1 and no. 2 respectively, mostly because they are the largest economies and industries on the globe.

What I want you to note is that in both cases Washington has used the issue in question as a "China threat" discussion topic, despite coming in a close second in both categories, and in the case of pollution, despite being outpaced by Chinese "green" initiative/anti-pollution project and policy implementation.

Don't be amongst the (figurative) ignorant crowd screaming witch as an innocent is burned, as is encouraged by the White house. Because if China is a hacker threat, then the US is most definitely one too.

12. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

@J20!

But Chinese people are dirty, filthy, unimaginative, uncreative, subhuman thieves, while Americans are responsible, contributing, upstanding, global citizens. Which nation would you rather have snooping around your data networks?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    J20! likes this.
  13. W.G.Ewald

Knock off the drama. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  14. SinghSher1984

SinghSher1984 Tihar Jail Banned

Unplug ur router.. I mean college kids hack the FBI it's funny, they don't even run firewalls and forward all their ports.

I read once, about directed energy US weapons and how they purposely brought PLA COS instead of a gov. official to see it.

Next day Chinese stance changed from dancing about Taiwan invasion, to well just have diplomatic talks.

I strongly suspect, after seeing some shit that if it's connected to the internet it's not their most advanced plans. I mean, tbh Idk if BES has been hacked yet and that's in every company.

15. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Usa itself cant save their ass i dont know indian all secret information will be with china including atv,tejas,icbm etc