Obama is 'purging the military'

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, recipient of the U.S. military's highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, as well as other top retired officers, say President Obama's agenda is decimating the morale of the U.S. ranks to the point members no longer feel prepared to fight or have the desire to win.

"There is no doubt he (Obama) is intent on emasculating the military and will fire anyone who disagrees with him" over such issues as "homosexuals, women in foxholes, the Obama sequester," Brady told WND.
Top generals: Obama is ‘purging the military’

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Are serving officers of the US military allowed to comment on Govt policies?

In India and in the UK, they are not allowed to comment on Govt policies in public, but can raise the matter through internal channels.

Do the US military not have a tenure based career as per the rank, or can they be arbitrarily asked to leave?

nirranj

Country flag
Is He a Soviet implant!!??

Sequestration has seriously cut back operational readiness for the military to the point where Boykin said that often they have no ammunition and are unable to conduct training because of the planned cuts.
Brady referred to additional problems in today's military including "girly-men leadership [and] medals for not shooting and operating a computer. This president will never fight if there is any reason to avoid it and with a helpless military he can just point to our weakness and shrug his shoulders."
WND reported that three of the nine firings by Obama this year alone were linked to the controversy surrounding the Sep. 11, 2012, terrorist attack on the CIA special mission in Benghazi, Libya.

In one case, U.S. Army Gen. Carter Ham, who commanded U.S. African Command when the consulate was attacked and four Americans were killed, was highly critical of the decision by the State Department not to send in reinforcements.

Obama has insisted there were no reinforcements available that night.

But Ham contends reinforcements could have been sent in time, and he said he never was given a stand-down order. However, others contend that he was given the order but defied it. He ultimately was relieved of his command and retired.

Now, new information in the Washington Times reveals there were Delta Force personnel in Tripoli at the time of the attack and two members volunteered to be dispatched to Benghazi to assist in protecting the Benghazi compound, contrary to stand-down orders from the State Department
He's intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged."

W.G.Ewald

Professional

In India and in the UK, they are not allowed to comment on Govt policies in public, but can raise the matter through internal channels.

Do the US military not have a tenure based career as per the rank, or can they be arbitrarily asked to leave?
GEN McChrystal gave an interview to Rolling Stone magazine which got him fired.

General Stanley McChrystal: The Runaway General by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Thanks but my questions were:

1. Are serving officers of the US military allowed to comment on Govt policies?

2. Do the US military not have a tenure based career as per the rank, or can they be arbitrarily asked to leave?
1. No, as far as I know. I will try to find relevant regs. May be in UCMJ.

2. President is CiC. He can reassign any officer or demote him, if not demand resignation.

Truman firing MacArthur may be the most famous example.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
1. No, as far as I know. I will try to find relevant regs. May be in UCMJ.

2. President is CiC. He can reassign any officer or demote him, if not demand resignation.

Truman firing MacArthur may be the most famous example.
I am sure there will have to be some process of law, inquiry etc and cannot be arbitrary unless the General defies the US Govt outright.

Waffen SS

I found it here.

Boykin points out that the military adheres to the constitutional requirement of a civilian leadership over the military. As a consequence, officers are not allowed to criticize their civilian leadership, as occurred when Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal was relieved in 2010 of his command of the International Security Assistance Force and commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan.He was relieved due to what has been described as unflattering remarks made about Vice President Joe Biden and other administration officials in a Rolling Stone magazine article. He was recalled to Washington where Obama accepted his resignation as commander in Afghanistan.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/top-generals-obama-is-purging-the-military/#ekcULxsuKsiTrMXA.99

How ever Obama is the idiot, there are many funny online games with Obama.

Reactions: Ray

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I asked a dozen serving and recently retired senior military officers with high-level White House access, many of whom were not comfortable speaking on the record, if they knew of any military leaders with whom the president had a close and warm personal relationship. In every case, the initial response was a long silence. "That's a great question," said one retired senior officer, after a lengthy pause. "Good question. I don't know," said a second. "I don't think he's close to anyone," commented a third. He just doesn't seem to have any interest in "getting to know" the military, a retired general concluded.

...all of this raises an increasingly relevant question: How has the president—the man who promised to "finish the job" in Afghanistan, close the door on the unpopular Iraq War and "end the mind-set that got us into the war in the first place"—managed a military he often seems to regard with mistrust and unease?
Obama vs. the Generals - POLITICO Magazine

dhananjay1

I don't think Obama has enough power to make any major changes in US armed forces against the wishes of military power structure.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The uncertainty of U.S. defense spending is undermining the ability of U.S. military forces in Asia to maintain stability amid a growing military buildup by China, according to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Gen. Martin Dempsey said he is concerned about the readiness of U.S. forces in the Pacific and the slow pace of rebalancing U.S. forces to the region to meet the challenge posed by China's growing military forces.

The four-star general was asked following a speech to the Reagan National Defense Forum in California on Saturday to comment on one of the key conclusions of a forthcoming congressional report on China.
JCS Chairman Decries Defense Budget Uncertainty | Washington Free Beacon

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles