NY judge : Iran, Taliban, al-Qaida liable for 9/11 .

ejazr

Ambassador
While Iran may have helped the Taliban and even AQ after 9/11 in some cases, and mainly to counter the US prescence in Afghanistan and to keep the Saudi/GCC bloc off balance, there is no evidence of any Iranian link to the 9/11 attacks.

Infact, there are more links between Pakistan and 9/11 after Afghanistan. But unforutnately, first IRaq and now Iran are being blamed and the gullible American public, by and large, just accepts it.

In 2003, a court ruled that Iraq was "party responsible" for 9/11 USATODAY.com - Lawsuit ruling finds Iraq partly responsible for 9/11

And ofcourse Bush in 2006 had to eat his own words when he declared that actually there was no link Bush: Saddam was not responsible for 9/11 | World news | guardian.co.uk

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I Agree with Messiah. This is the starting of another invasion by the Americans and it is time for IRAN.

This is a rather creative way to create an excuse for an Iranian invasion... The President orders a Federal Judge (separate and independent body under the US Supreme Court) to pen a ruling finding linkage between Al Qaeda and Iran. This is rather circuitous and frought with Constitutional issues (Executive and Judicial ministries are separate in the US Constitution). Of course not if you are suggesting that US Courts are rubber stamps of the White House... :laugh:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, before we caught up in a mass dance towards the predictable conspiracy theories can EWald help us get hold of a copy of the decision.. That would be a good start to understanding the Judge's seemingly puzzling decision.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is a rather creative way to create an excuse for an Iranian invasion
US is in no position to wage another war. Besides, Iran is already too close and precious to China.
I think most of us now what that means. No backup funds for US to war in Iran. Without a heavy pocket Americans will never enter Iran.
However, a policy of intimidation is quite possible. I don't find much new to conclude here.
Why don't they go back properly and see that CIA and Al-Qaeda were well linked in Soviet Afghan war? Take any lessons?

Regards,
Virendra

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
US is in no position to wage another war. Besides, Iran is already too close and precious to China.
I think most of us now what that means. No backup funds for US to war in Iran. Without a heavy pocket Americans will never enter Iran.
However, a policy of intimidation is quite possible. I don't find much new to conclude here.
Why not go back properly and see that CIA and Al-Qaeda were well linked in Soviet Afghan war? Take any lessons?

Regards,
Virendra

You sound naive on this issue. There's a Kingdom in that giant region that would love to see Iran crushed and is ready to fund the whole affair. BTW, I don't think the US really cares as to what China will say in the ME...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Yanks are bloody idiots of the highest order if they are sincere in the war against terror because two white elephants pakistan (factory) and saudi arabia (financier) are the centers of taliban and al-qaida and usa targets a country between them ? :pound:

or they are not idiots but merely using the terrorist card to fulfill there regional goals...which i believe is the real reason.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yanks are bloody idiots of the highest order if they are sincere in the war against terror because two white elephants pakistan (factory) and saudi arabia (financier) are the centers of taliban and al-qaida and usa targets a country between them ? :pound:

or they are not idiots but merely using the terrorist card to fulfill there regional goals...which i believe is the real reason.

If they're idiots then I don't know where that put us...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
BTW, before we caught up in a mass dance towards the predictable conspiracy theories can EWald help us get hold of a copy of the decision.. That would be a good start to understanding the Judge's seemingly puzzling decision.
There is a system in the US called PACER through which one can access court documents by district. There is a small charge for downloading the documents.

https://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/login.pl

trackwhack

hmmm, interesting theory. :)

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
hmmm, interesting theory. :)
Isn't it kind of obvious? It was clear since Operation Iraqi Pseudo-Freedom in 2003 that the "War on Terror" is nothing more than a convenient excuse to pursue certain geopolitical objectives

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Are you likening U.S. with Taliban/al-qaeda?
9/11 victims' families and Bhopal disaster victims' families have been exploited for political purposes. That is my analogy, which does not equate US with al-Qaeda..

trackwhack

Isn't it kind of obvious? It was clear since Operation Iraqi Pseudo-Freedom in 2003 that the "War on Terror" is nothing more than a convenient excuse to pursue certain geopolitical objectives
Apologies civ, the subtlety of my sarcasm often masks it. I'm the last person on the planet who needs any convincing on that point. :)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles