Nukes protect India from blackmail by other powers, NSA Shivshankar Menon says

Iamanidiot

LF, the level of influence of the US over the Indian Bureaucracy is unprecedented. Hint : check out the number of children of senior IAS and IFS officers studying in the US.

Regarding the recent blackout being part of the asymmetric warfare, I did not understand, could you please elaborate on that.
Sir I will say something level of interaction is unprecedented.But influence is very limited even to this day.They are yet to come in terms for dealing with Anthony or Sonia Gandhi

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Just imagine that we dont have nukes while Pak and China have, now the scenario completely changes, so he is right nukes have somewhat deterred other powers. But I will still say that our nukes are useless until we develop a reliable BMD and that should be the primary objective of DRDO.

cw2005

With same argument, that is why North Korea, Iran etc. want to develop their own. But the world condemned them. Double standard?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Look at this way Pak has effectively checkmated us with their nukes. Otherwise after Mumbai or Parliament attack there was no stopping us from at least bombing the training camps in POK.

LalTopi

Hopefully our new BMD shield will enable us to call Pakistan's bluff in the near future. If we were sensible we should use any provocation to retake Gilgit Baltistan.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Country flag
What about China ?

I am sure Agni 5 can force China to think twice as now both the sides will suffer damages.
We have capped our program for ICBM at 5,000KM Now we have a detterence when we never had any before.
Chinese have anticipated this 3 decades ago and have 600 IRBM's pointed at India from Tibet and ICBM's pointed at India from
the Gobi desert.

Country flag
Just imagine that we dont have nukes while Pak and China have, now the scenario completely changes, so he is right nukes have somewhat deterred other powers. But I will still say that our nukes are useless until we develop a reliable BMD and that should be the primary objective of DRDO.
A good defense does not make up for a poor offense.

Country flag
Regarding the recent blackout being part of the asymmetric warfare, I did not understand, could you please elaborate on that.
India Blackouts Are a Reminder of the EMP Threat

India Blackouts Are a Reminder of the EMP Threat

To knockout many grids across many states there may be some foul play that Indian Govt is
not revealing? Usually one grid may go down and few million may be impacted in 1 state
nothing like this has ever happened before in human history.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles