Nuclear weapons launch drill

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Not a lot is known about Indian nuclear delivery mechanism. we have ever "openly" conducted a nuclear weapons launch drill. So no open source info on it. US nukes were/are on hair trigger ie warheads loaded on missiles and ready to fly. Just that the nuclear weapon is not armed till the codes are released and that's where the president comes into play who authorizes release of codes.

Actually I am a bit concerned about Indian nuclear response. It's alright to say we have missiles and we have warheads. But without a drill, how will it work we don't know. Particularly because we are a second strike force and that means we will launch after being nuked first. So when we are under the chaos of being under a nuclear attack, how will the whole system work to retaliate is anybody's guess unless we have conducted drills to validate te system just like we conduct drills of the other branches of the armed forces esp the army which has been conducting drills to validate cold start doctrine.

I have always said it does not make sense to me why the DRDO conducts launch for SFC for all the missiles inducted. It should be done by the SFC and under various scenarios. I mean we have heard many tests of tr SFC were postponed due to "weather" problems. We will not be able to delay a nuclear retaliation waiting for favorable weather.

For me though we have missiles and warheads, the credibility is confirmed only when drills are conducted. I mean we have to assemble the bombs first. Who all have the expertise for this and what if some of those are killed in the first strike? All those questioned will remain unanswered due to secrecy. I only pray and hope that those Incharge know their reponsibility and are competent.

Anyone with more info can please share here

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Small nitpick

Tests are done to measure the performance of the system, weather done by SFC or by DRDO, the telemetry system doesn't give right information in bad weather. So basing an argument on tests postponement due to bad weather is a non starter.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Small nitpick

Tests are done to measure the performance of the system, weather done by SFC or by DRDO, the telemetry system doesn't give right information in bad weather. So basing an argument on tests postponement due to bad weather is a non starter.
It's not just a missile launch. There has been no nuclear drill. I am talking assembling the bomb, mating and launch under simulated second strike conditions.

Neil

Country flag
yusuf bhai...we will never know all this stuffs.....its classified above top secret....such info in public means its suicide even before a nuclear bomb hits us....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
yusuf bhai...we will never know all this stuffs.....its classified above top secret....such info in public means its suicide even before a nuclear bomb hits us....
I know what can be in public domain and what not. Why do we have open missile tests?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
bhai how can v say all test are made public...??
We have not has such a drill which includes western intel estimates.

It puts a question mark on our deterrent capability.

Neil

Country flag

it does...but bhai u have seen those press release that says DRDO conducts test for SFC and target achieved confirmed by a naval ship....may b this BS by them conducted purely by SFC u never know....!!

but one point u raise about whose in charge when there total chaos is a very solid point...if during an attack something happens to PM is the president cabinet or defense minister in charge...??!!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
here is nuclear drill

here is another long range version of the drill

All the agni missile launchers by non DRDO is security drill, they are too costly to be used with non nukes.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
it does...but bhai u have seen those press release that says DRDO conducts test for SFC and target achieved confirmed by a naval ship....may b this BS by them conducted purely by SFC u never know....!!

but one point u raise about whose in charge when there total chaos is a very solid point...if during an attack something happens to PM is the president cabinet or defense minister in charge...??!!
I am not worried about a missile launch. I am worried about assembling of nuclear bombs and mating with missiles. It requires technicians to do it

Without drills we cannot say how fast they will do if. Add to that, such a scenario is only after INDIA has suffered a first strike.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

Sir western intel failed miserably to recognize the preparation & test of 1998. Also they never knew about ATV.

I will not exactly consider those agencies as standard of proof.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
When they have tested the nuke itself without anyone's knowledge ,then they must have done assembling of war-heads secretly and may be doing this in regular intervals to keep them in good maintained conditions. We shouldn't suspect in this matter i guess :rolleyes:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles