Nuclear War Between India and China?

Can there be a Nuclear War between India and China ?

• Total voters

Dixit13

Indian and Chinese troops came face to face many time patrolling disputed territory claimed by both parties, but no shots where fired unlike in case of Pakistan, where cross border firing is a every day job. Neither china nor India will go to war until unless their economy is directly threatened by each other . China is building infrastructure across its border and is better prepared, while India is catching up.

Coming to the point , even though India is two steps behind china. 1962 wont be repeated if war starts tomorrow. While they have numerical advantage in terms of weapons (mostly reversed engineered copies) and man power, we have technological advantage on our side (especially Air-force n Navy).

Off topic: After doing lot of researching i can fairly say that Arjun and LCA Tejas is no bullshit programs. Air force should induct at least 500+ LCA MK2 with or without AESA radar (EL/M-2032 or zhuk-ae/any Aother) but with atleast 65+KN of dry thrust, BVR capabilities and 5500Kg payload.

Hindu - Chini bhai bhai

---------------------------------------------------------

"""Hitting Delhi is not so easy as many would think.."""

In first place,....Do you think they dare to hit Delhi or in our case Beijing??? Read my last Post.
Btw we also have S-300 and S-300v4.

Dixit13

Re: 1962 China war can't be repeated: Indian Army chief

""Dare"" = foolishness in case of nuclear weapons, that's what i mean. And that goes for both countries.
MAD = Mutually assured destruction

Dixit13

damn you got a bad habit of missing the point .....a missile launched by china towards Delhi (vice-versa),

can yr radars tell the difference between what kinda payload the missile is carrying ???

i was replying to ""vishwaprasad """ read that post again wt open mind.

Another thing, their is very big difference between a discussion and debate.......Now say what you say :frusty:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nuclear War Between India and China ?

Poll added..

Blackwater

All i can say """both china and india are not pakistan""

hope u all got my point ,you see

Dixit13

Hahaha ...EGO?

Quote Originally Posted by vishwaprasad View Post
Chinese hitting targets near Delhi with cruise missiles is a big worry...we must consider changing our refuelling planes base from Agra to some other place. I am not sure but I think we have stationed all our such planes in Agra which is very vulnerable to Chinese cruise missile attack and will seriously damage capacity of our MKI's to stay longer in the air.
First of all, not all the Aerial Refueling planes are not stationed at Agra. Secondly any of the country if decides to use cruise or ballistic missile, it will be restricted to the conflict zone (border areas). NO country (India/China) in their right state of mind launch a cruise or ballistic missile even with conventional warheads on any major city of its counterpart because radars only gives warning about incoming missiles and not about the payload they are carrying (conventional or nuclear). Do we want ""MAD"" (Mutually assured destruction)???

Dixit13

Keep the nuclear aspect separate for the other thread.

The approach is different.

By discussing separately, we will come to know the what can be done in either cases in the appropriate threads.

I agree with you sir....but please enlighten me if cruise missile is coming to hit Delhi or NCR (Vice/ Versa). Our radar can give us early warning about the missile but not about the payload its carrying conventional or nuclear. That why its not sane to hit any major cities (china/India) with cruise or ballistic missile even carrying conventional warheads. Do you wait to see effect after its do the damage that its conventional or nuke-tiped missile or you take retaliatory measures given the time by early warning radars. Thats y neither India nor china will send missile even with conventional warheads to major cities on each other. Just Keep their use in to conflict zone/ border areas for taking out weapons cache n supply lines. India and china are both nuclear states n they should keep that in mind.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is not how Wars are fought disregard what you think and view about it..

Country flag

I agree with you sir....but please enlighten me if cruise missile is coming to hit Delhi or NCR (Vice/ Versa). Our radar can give us early warning about the missile but not about the payload its carrying conventional or nuclear. That why its not sane to hit any major cities (china/India) with cruise or ballistic missile even carrying conventional warheads. Do you wait to see effect after its do the damage that its conventional or nuke-tiped missile or you take retaliatory measures given the time by early warning radars. Thats y neither India nor china will send missile even with conventional warheads to major cities on each other. Just Keep their use in to conflict zone/ border areas for taking out weapons cache n supply lines. India and china are both nuclear states n they should keep that in mind.
'

The terms of engagement in any war strictly says civilian areas should not be targetted.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Is the poll about likelihood of a nuclear exchange?

EzioAltaïr

No, China may be aggressive but they are not suicidal.

I'm 100% sure any future war between India and China will be a series of small scale skirmishes, and a quick ceasefire.

China will only use nukes if it is 100% sure that it can destroy India's response completely, without any fear of retaliation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
In my view China cannot do such thing at all, for there economic sake and all the sum of the hard-work they did in past to become what they are now..

Presently Indian Nukes are more political tool than actual Military tool against China..

EzioAltaïr

In my view China cannot do such thing at all, for there economic sake and all the sum of the hard-work they did in past to become what they are now..

Presently Indian Nukes are more political tool than actual Military tool against China..
What's the point of our nukes with a spineless leadership? They are just deterrents, and even if China nukes us, our leadership will make comments like, "We are actively trying to make peace with China", or "We believe in non-violence", or something like that.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In the 60s, Mao was willing to sacrifice 300 million chinese in a nuke exchange with America. That's when America realized they had a huge strategic problem and left china alone.

Now china is much more sane and will not risk.

arya

Country flag
we can use pakistan policy against china , if china attacked us then we can use nuke against them .

we will not take much time if china try to war with india .

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
May be some Pakistani friends should pitch in with their "nookilar" wisdom, just like their media's high intensity discussions over "Hilree" visits.

ice berg

In the 60s, Mao was willing to sacrifice 300 million chinese in a nuke exchange with America. That's when America realized they had a huge strategic problem and left china alone.

Now china is much more sane and will not risk.
Dont be absurd, China didnt have any delivery systems in the 60s. How you gonna exchange nukes with US when you dont have any delivery vehicles?

Btw US called it off because of USSR, not because of Mao. Learn some history first. :cool2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles