Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test fired

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@sayareakd One more report this one shared by Col in twitter today ..This shows possible operational time of Agni 4 & 5 is 2020...So that means we cannot hit Beijing today if they nuke us :dude:...Why are these reports always contradict one another ..But one this is clear as of now we have 120 Nuclear warheads with Agni 4 & 5 we will cross 150 and with K series we will cross 200 hopefully by 2020...

View attachment 17540
Cant comment on Col Sir, he is more than a friend now.

Buy i can comment on few things in the attachment for A5 TEL.

Since it all available in open source, let me post it here, to show the data is incorrect.

this is the TEL or Special purpose trailer but it is actually called transporter cum tilting vehicle

e21f33c6-ff84-430a-8e7a-8ae4d8014ddf.jpg

this TCT was given to local company to make the same.

They got order prior to 48, ( A5 will be operational in 2015), first trailer was to be made in 21 week and thereafter 1 trailer every 13 weeks. This interview was posted in June 2015.

this means by now they must have made at least 8-12 trailer (road base), if not more

This is what they make
8762939e-a066-40c4-a32e-16ad64c7c8b8.jpg

This is only road base trailer, i already posted duel based, few posts before

here is rail based A5 TEL

(assuming that the order is almost same of 48 for all three design)

So sum total of this is as on today is 12X 3= 36 on higher side and 8 X 3 = 24 on the lower side in terms of TEL. Just for the records i think that A3 to A5 has same TEL for railway. So that number could change for bigger number.

I would have love to posted the new rail design, screen shots from youtube video posted by someone innocently, which i had deleted long time back. All i can say it looks like normal compartments of Indian railways. So our enemies have very long search to do to find them. :biggrin2: I called it Agni train. :india: and it has Mach speed :bounce:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That is strange.
I won't be surprised if say 20-30 nukes, but 100+ nukes based on the design of nuclear device tested in 1974? This kind of nuclear device is generally way bigger than warhead, weights more than 1 ton. The only way to deliver them is by bombers.
we had Agni 2 missile (Agni TD) first tested in 1994, in Shakti tests of 1998 we tested nuke to be put in the Agni 2 missile.

agni-2-770x400.jpg

Later on Agni 1 is made for Pakistan after 1999 when need was felt to use Agni kind of missile from central India towards Pakistan.

http://www.khaama.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Agni-I.jpg

So they made Single stage Agni missile with RV.

What you are talking is 1974 device, which was not weaponised nuke, it was later on evolved into tossing type nuke for fighter plane, later they got this design, it was said that this was "Vintage design"

Already posted my figures for A5.
Expect A2 and A3 in similar numbers. Not sure about A4 and what they want to do with it (they might use it as midcourse platform or use it at ASAT or like regular nuclear missile or all three).

Now these K4, 5 & 6 now come into picture. With two competing teams, particularly K series having greater range out of size limitation, expect them to put inside commercial shiping container.

Not to mention, new improved ATV Aridhaman is hitting harbour trials, if it has not already done that.

airtel

Country flag
That is strange.
I won't be surprised if say 20-30 nukes, but 100+ nukes based on the design of nuclear device tested in 1974? This kind of nuclear device is generally way bigger than warhead, weights more than 1 ton. The only way to deliver them is by bombers.

at present we have small nukes too which can be used even with 155 mm artillery Guns .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Even our Akash is nuclear capable as per our media........wonder when media is going to make QRSAM as nuke capable......:bounce::bounce:

no smoking

Country flag
we had Agni 2 missile (Agni TD) first tested in 1994, in Shakti tests of 1998 we tested nuke to be put in the Agni 2 missile.
Ok, here is the question: this gentleman was told that India already built 100 nukes before 1994, the year your Agni 2 first test, and as we all know, the warhead test was in 1998, so what is the design that these 100 nukes was built on? It is hardly to believe that any country spends billions dollars to build their nuclear weapon based on the unverified blue print.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Ok, here is the question: this gentleman was told that India already built 100 nukes before 1994, the year your Agni 2 first test, and as we all know, the warhead test was in 1998, so what is the design that these 100 nukes was built on? It is hardly to believe that any country spends billions dollars to build their nuclear weapon based on the unverified blue print.
We had prithvi and aircrafts, it was just like when China tested its first nuke.

Tarun Kumar

That is strange.
I think he meant plutonium for nukes rather than actual nuclear bombs. Although I would take even that info with pinch of salt. India perhaps is the most secretive nuke country so dont believe anything. Also very few people actually know how many nukes we have, for common people like us its pure speculation.

no smoking

Country flag
We had prithvi and aircrafts, it was just like when China tested its first nuke.
1. Chinese didn't built 100 nukes based on the first nuke tested in 1964;
2. For countries like India and China, aircraft is not kind of reliable platform to carry out nuclear attack;
3. No, the nuclear device tested in 1974 was too big for prithvi.

porky_kicker

Country flag
might i add India and US are the only 2 countries officially to have tested nukes with reactor grade plutonium.

what does it tell u about the potential size of our nuclear arsenal given our stock of reactor grade plutonium.

no smoking

Country flag
India perhaps is the most secretive nuke country so dont believe anything. Also very few people actually know how many nukes we have, for common people like us its pure speculation.
I don't know if India is the most secretive nuke country and I don't know the number of India's nuclear weapon, but I do know India wouldn't mass produce her nuclear weapons until 1998 because that was the first time India tested her nuclear weapon. In 1974, India only tested a nuclear explosive DEVICE.

Tarun Kumar

I don't know if India is the most secretive nuke country and I don't know the number of India's nuclear weapon, but I do know India wouldn't mass produce her nuclear weapons until 1998 because that was the first time India tested her nuclear weapon. In 1974, India only tested a nuclear explosive DEVICE.
The issue is not mass producing nuke weapons. The issue is accumulating fissile material. If you have a proven but untested design and plenty of fissile material , you can mass produce a bomb with just one test which is what India did in 1998. Prior to 1998 we were accumulating fissile material but. not building bombs I think. What matters is not number of bombs but fissile material as it can easily be machined into a bomb in no time.

Tarun Kumar

That is the whole issue I am arguing: India didn't have 100 nukes at 1994.
How many nuke bombs does US have 1800, China 350. Does that mean that US nuclear arsenal size is only 1800 (its close to 7000) and Chinese arsenal size 350 (its an undefined number above 350). Where is the balance number coming from. That is just weapons grade plutonium that can be quickly fashioned into bombs of proven design in matter of hours and days if a crisis break out.

no smoking

Country flag
might i add India and US are the only 2 countries officially to have tested nukes with reactor grade plutonium.what does it tell u about the potential size of our nuclear arsenal given our stock of reactor grade plutonium.
That is strange. All the P5 already gave up the idea of using reactor grade plutonium for nuclear weapon as they all got the same conclusion: it is not suitable for military purpose.

Here is some explanation:
"As the name would suggest, reactor-grade plutonium is not as suitable for nuclear warheads as weapons-grade plutonium. Weapons-grade plutonium is irradiated for a shorter period of time in order to maximize the proportion of the more desirable plutonium 239 isotope. In contrast, reactor-grade plutonium is irradiated much longer to maximize its energy potential, and consequently contains a lower level of plutonium 239 and a higher concentration of plutonium 240. Weapons made from material that contains a higher amount of plutonium 240 are much more likely to fizzle (to produce a much smaller explosive yield than expected) and require a larger amount of fissile material for critical mass. Although it is possible to make nuclear warheads from reactor-grade plutonium, experts consider it more complicated and risky than using weapons-grade plutonium."

Khagesh

Cant comment on Col Sir, he is more than a friend now.
(assuming that the order is almost same of 48 for all three design)

So sum total of this is as on today is 12X 3= 36 on higher side and 8 X 3 = 24 on the lower side in terms of TEL. Just for the records i think that A3 to A5 has same TEL for railway. So that number could change for bigger number.
How many Silos??? 3030303030303

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
How many Silos??? 3030303030303

well no specific answer to this only pic and video, here

Shaurya missile has range of 700 to 1200 kms, so you can put this missile in silos, add K4 land version to this. So list could go on, but GOI don't want to show off more.

sorcerer

Country flag
India Planning Missile To Target All Of China From South Bases

In the report, titled "Indian nuclear forces, 2017," two American experts – Hans M Kristensen and Robert S Norris – wrote that India is currently developing new missiles that can target all of China with nuclear warheads. According to them, India may have approximately 600 kilogrammes of weapon-grade plutonium, enough for 150–200 nuclear warheads. However, the country has apparently produced only 120–130 warheads.

India's new missiles will reach all of China ::

India currently has four land-based nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, including the short-range Prithvi-2 and Agni-1, the medium-range Agni-2, and the intermediate-range Agni-3.

The Agni-2, which can carry a nuclear warhead for over 2,000 kilometres, is probably targeted at western, central and southern China. The Agni-3, on the other hand, is capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to 3,200-plus kilometres, allowing India to deploy it further back from the Pakistani and Chinese borders.

According to the report, India is currently working on the Agni-4 – "a two-stage, solid-fuel, rail-mobile intermediate-range ballistic missile" – which can deliver a single nuclear warhead to 3,500-plus kilometres. Although the Agni-4 will be capable of reaching targets in nearly all of China from north-eastern India, the country is also developing the longer-range Agni-5, a near-intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), which can carry a warhead for more than 5,000 kilometres.

"The extra range will allow the Indian military to establish Agni-5 bases in central and southern India, further away from China," the experts said, adding that India has also likely begun development of a full-fledged ICBM, known as Agni-6, with a speculated strike-range of 8,000–10,000 kilometres," the report said.

How long will India adhere to No-First-Use Policy?

India has a firm no-first-use policy with regards to nuclear weapons, meaning it will only use them in retaliation. However, this policy was weakened after India decided to potentially use nuclear weapons in response to chemical or biological attacks.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/indias-missiles-works-can-reach-all-china-nuclear-warheads-734494

Khagesh

well no specific answer to this only pic and video, here

Oh and I was thinking only of the Silos in the north eastern Himalayas. My bad. :p

With what you are showing things can be made much more interesting.:devil:

@no smoking, I don't wish to harass you unnecessarily but you are stating only a quarter truth. Add the following 3 quarters and you will reach the glorius truth:

1) Dirty Plutonium has the problem of sponteneous fissions but then this would be a problem mainly for the pit that is too near the critial mass. Besides the Shakti tests had 3 subkiloton tests which would be meaningless if they were not for the purpose of testing 'exotic materials' and dirty plutonium is not exactly an exotic material.

2) U-233 does not has the problem of sponteneous fissions and in composite metal pits will easily use this as a benefit. http://www.barc.gov.in/reactor/tfc_breed.html

3) U-233 has the problem of hard gamma rays emission which is not so much of a problem even with Dirty Plutonium.

Nice isn't it.

no smoking

Country flag
1) Dirty Plutonium has the problem of sponteneous fissions but then this would be a problem mainly for the pit that is too near the critial mass. Besides the Shakti tests had 3 subkiloton tests which would be meaningless if they were not for the purpose of testing 'exotic materials' and dirty plutonium is not exactly an exotic material.
Firstly, I am not saying that you can't use reactor grade plutonium to produce weapon. Certainly you can, but considering the cost, time consumed, complexity, it is not a good option. No one will consider to use this to make bomb when they have plenty of other material which is cheaper, easier and better.

Secondly, there is lot of things that 3 subkiloton tests can work for, such as the primary stage of future H-bomb.

2) U-233 does not has the problem of sponteneous fissions and in composite metal pits will easily use this as a benefit. http://www.barc.gov.in/reactor/tfc_breed.html

3) U-233 has the problem of hard gamma rays emission which is not so much of a problem even with Dirty Plutonium. Nice isn't it.
Well, if you already have water, why do you need to extract water from urine.

Khagesh

Well, if you already have water, why do you need to extract water from urine.

Oye! losing your cool already. :devil:

Actually I was not trying to get water from urine. Exactly the opposite in fact.

We have dirty plutonium (aka urine) we also have dirty U-233 (aka shit) I am only asking for these to be mixed before being suitably dumped some place suitable.

Dirty U-233 is an avoidable product for any group doing Thorium research. India has been doing that since ages.

Normally only the Wgpu is counted for India but it is obviously the wrong methodology. The Wgpu is good only for the high yield boosted weapons or thermo nuclear weapons, hosted on TELs that are going to be too cramped for effective shielding.

The surfeit of Jaguars and Sukhois and now Rafales that we have, do not require this highly purified Wgpu. Nor do the Silo based and Train based missiles which have more than enough room for shielding.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles