Nuclear-capable Agni-II missile test fired

Tarun Kumar

Confirmed-the trial failed miserably. This is very bad for a fully deployed missile. Last test was in 2014 so the fresh lots are defective it seems.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I wonder what is going to happen if we do end up going nuclear ballistic in a war. What is the plan for when (not if) a nuclear missile veers off-course? We cannot just push the self destruct button and stand underneath the explosion to catch the nuke as it falls. How is a possible trajectory failure supposed to be dealt with in actual operational conditions, least we nuke ourselves.

republic_roi97

Country flag
I wonder what is going to happen if we do end up going nuclear ballistic in a war. What is the plan for when (not if) a nuclear missile veers off-course? We cannot just push the self destruct button and stand underneath the explosion to catch the nuke as it falls. How is a possible trajectory failure supposed to be dealt with in actual operational conditions, least we nuke ourselves.
I'm not sure though, but I guess that their must be a contingency self destruct system which ones initiated would destroy the missile without the nuclear explosion, i.e., without arming and detonation of nuke warhead(s). But this is just a speculation.

Tarun Kumar

Well even fully tested American missiles have failed. It could be defective components but the real issue is that last test happened in end 2014 so they had ample data and time to produce new lots. V V bad. it will also impact confidence in India's deterrent especially when nuke war is so much possible. Are people being held accountable

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I'm not sure though, but I guess that their must be a contingency self destruct system which ones initiated would destroy the missile without the nuclear explosion, i.e., without arming and detonation of nuke warhead(s). But this is just a speculation.
The nuke will not detonate with such a system (and I am sure such a system is in place) but what happens to the area where the nuke falls? Radioactivity I guess............
So, I was thinking if they take these things in consideration while prepping a launch from a TEL.

Akshay_Fenix

Strange.
Hindi media says test was successful.
English media says test failed miserably.

Any Tamil, Malayalam, kannada readers out here?

G10

Country flag
When officials are shy in making a statement test is a failure.

Tarun Kumar

Hindi media is bullshit. The test flopped else DRDO would have released a gloating statement. V V bad news although Agni 2 is not core to our pak specific arsenal, to strike at Gwadar and far off targets u need A2. New lots should have been successfull.

akk

Country flag
What's big deal? It may have been "launched" successfully but failed to hit target:biggrin2:

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Bhai theek hai. In Research and Engineering development these things happens. Glad it failed in trails so that mistakes do not happen when it is not a test run.
In light of recent NoKo successive , may be deliberate, missile failures, they could have been testing the system for some cyber attack. Anyhow it is all speculations. But failures during tests and R&D are no biggie. It only make system much more robust.

captscooby81

Country flag
Any info what might be number of Agni series missiles inducted so far ..specially the Agni-2 which was tested today ?? Well the way it looks BMs are just last option in a war relying on the for first strike may prove costly ...

If you look at the so called super powers their ultra range IB ballastic missile failed miserably during combat firing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles