Now, JF-17 not only has BVR but also can sink an Indian Aircraft Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHASH2K2

How dare you stupids ask questions like whats the news or what missile . Pakistanis have deciphered some matras from our vedas and can use them to convert even their poop into a deadly weapon(brahmastra). Beware of JF 17 is modern pushpak Vimann.

Country flag
please present some credible sources or this thread will be closed

JayATL

This proposes an interesting question. I have heard Pakistanis comparing J17 to MMRCA or MK1. but have never to date seen any specs posted on J17... did I miss it somewhere? How do you compare without any quantifiable data?

It's been all talk but no verifiable data...since china does not give any information.

p2prada

No point getting hyper over a LCA. This aircraft is just to fill PAF's numbers. If they think 150 of these will dent India's capabilities, then any war would be another Israeli-Arab war with the Flanker having a 100:1 kill ratio.

Let's just say the JF-17 is getting a new missile and end this thread. Why don't we have a JF-17 and J-10 information pool thread? I am sure we have Indian and foreign members willing to create one.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Why didn't you post any information regarding the missile. Instead a picture of nobody knows what !

redragon

Country flag
It's a C-802, I thought you guys are military fans, but you disappointed me again.
Close this thread or move it to joke area or whatever, I don't care, I shared the information I know, I have achieved my goal.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Its the C-802 missile which is an AShM.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well the missile has a range of 150 kms. I don't think A JF17 will manage to get that close to an Indian carrier.

Second, this missile failed to sink a corvette, so you can forget about a carrier.

These days Chinese call any missile a carrier killer.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is because they have no carriers and are still working hard on the Russian one.

Pintu

This being an Anti Ship Missile has enough capability to damage a Corvette , but IMHO , I highly doubt about its ability against a moving A/C alongwith its auxiliary ships and the fighter aircrafts operating from it, this missile have a range about 120 km, now I am a layman regarding that matter, but what I think the JF-17 has to move within the vicinity of the striking distance, and what happens if its tracked by the long range radar, especially airborne E 2D Hawk Eye, which can operate on board Aircraft carrier. So, the platform , i.e. FC-1/JF-17 itself will be in a chance to be under scanner of the radar, anyways if the defending aircraft has the long range A2A missile , then FC-1/JF-17 will be history. I don't know about JF-17s radar capability, though there's a talk about using BAE Blue Vixen, neither I know about EW suite it posses( it would be great if anybody shade some light). Now, taking point of the existing INS Viraat , it has for the Fleet Defence , Sea Harrier, which has Blue Vixen installed , having a range upto 148 km. , so having a fair chance of catching the intruding FC-1/JF-17, now if it has the FC-1 within the range of missile, then FC-1 pilot has to defend him/herself rather attacking the A/C itself. If the Sea Harrier has limited missile range then it can alert the fleet and MiG 29K or Su -30 MKI can be called on using their R-77 or K-100 novator. So, its a risky business for a single FC-1 approaching and taking on A/C.

Now this is Wikipedia about to state for C-802:

Due to the Yingji-82 missile's small radar reflectivity, low attack flight path (only five to seven meters above the sea surface) and strong anti-jamming capability of its guidance system, target ships have a very small chance of intercepting the missile. The single shot hit probability of the Yingji-82 is estimated to be as high as 98%.
and in reality what has happened to INS Hanit, when 2 missiles launched by Hezbollah :

on July 14, 2006 in the 2006 Lebanon War when Hezbollah fired two at Israeli warships.One missile hit the corvette INS Hanit, causing significant damage and four fatalities.Iran, the reported supplier of the missile to Hezbollah, refused to formally confirm or deny the claim. The Hanit suffered severe damage, but stayed afloat, got itself out of the line of fire, and made the rest of the journey back to Ashdod for repairs on its own.

The Israeli ship possessed sophisticated multi-layered missile defense capability: a Phalanx CIWS gun, Barak anti-missile missiles, Chaff and ECM. These should have been able to prevent an anti-ship missile attack such as the YJ-82, but according to the Israeli military, these were intentionally disabled at the time of the alleged missile hit due to:

a lack of intelligence indicating Hezbollah possessed such a missile; and
the presence of many Israeli Air Force aircraft conducting operations in the vicinity of the ship which might have accidentally set off the ship's anti-missile/aerial threats system, with the danger of shooting down a friendly aircraft. However, the ship has an (optionally-installed, especially during wartime) Identification friend or foe interrogator system to prevent attacking friendly aircraft.
So, one missile hit the target , and other supposedly self destroyed, though not mentioned, but Israelis blame it on switching of the Ships Anti Missile threat system.

In view of the above, IMHO, it is suitable for attacking a single corvette and damaging / drowning it, or any small ship , but will be quite a Harakiri for doing the same against a A/C.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles