Now, JF-17 not only has BVR but also can sink an Indian Aircraft Carrier

Discussion in 'China' started by redragon, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redragon

redragon Regular Member

[​IMG]

Latest progress, enjoy

3. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Can it shoot lasers too ?

4. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

where is the news?

5. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

What missile is FC-1 carrying?

6. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Don't joke it can fly all the way to mars and come back.In fact the Pakistanis are planning a mars mission wit this on the advice of the Chinese.

mahesh, A chauhan, Pintu and 2 others like this.
  7. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

I heard it can destroy entire planets

[​IMG]

The Messiah and SPIEZ like this.
  8. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

How dare you stupids ask questions like whats the news or what missile . Pakistanis have deciphered some matras from our vedas and can use them to convert even their poop into a deadly weapon(brahmastra). Beware of JF 17 is modern pushpak Vimann.

Zebra likes this.
  9. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

please present some credible sources or this thread will be closed

10. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

This proposes an interesting question. I have heard Pakistanis comparing J17 to MMRCA or MK1. but have never to date seen any specs posted on J17... did I miss it somewhere? How do you compare without any quantifiable data?

It's been all talk but no verifiable data...since china does not give any information.

11. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Please move this to Jokes thread.

mahesh, Pintu, Tomcat and 1 other person like this.
  12. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

No point getting hyper over a LCA. This aircraft is just to fill PAF's numbers. If they think 150 of these will dent India's capabilities, then any war would be another Israeli-Arab war with the Flanker having a 100:1 kill ratio.

Let's just say the JF-17 is getting a new missile and end this thread. Why don't we have a JF-17 and J-10 information pool thread? I am sure we have Indian and foreign members willing to create one.

13. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

Why didn't you post any information regarding the missile. Instead a picture of nobody knows what !

14. redragon

redragon Regular Member

It's a C-802, I thought you guys are military fans, but you disappointed me again.
    Close this thread or move it to joke area or whatever, I don't care, I shared the information I know, I have achieved my goal.

niceguy2011 likes this.
  15. SATISH

SATISH DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

Its the C-802 missile which is an AShM.

16. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Well the missile has a range of 150 kms. I don't think A JF17 will manage to get that close to an Indian carrier.

Second, this missile failed to sink a corvette, so you can forget about a carrier.

These days Chinese call any missile a carrier killer.

17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

That is because they have no carriers and are still working hard on the Russian one.

18. Pintu

Pintu New Member

This being an Anti Ship Missile has enough capability to damage a Corvette , but IMHO , I highly doubt about its ability against a moving A/C alongwith its auxiliary ships and the fighter aircrafts operating from it, this missile have a range about 120 km, now I am a layman regarding that matter, but what I think the JF-17 has to move within the vicinity of the striking distance, and what happens if its tracked by the long range radar, especially airborne E 2D Hawk Eye, which can operate on board Aircraft carrier. So, the platform , i.e. FC-1/JF-17 itself will be in a chance to be under scanner of the radar, anyways if the defending aircraft has the long range A2A missile , then FC-1/JF-17 will be history. I don't know about JF-17s radar capability, though there's a talk about using BAE Blue Vixen, neither I know about EW suite it posses( it would be great if anybody shade some light). Now, taking point of the existing INS Viraat , it has for the Fleet Defence , Sea Harrier, which has Blue Vixen installed , having a range upto 148 km. , so having a fair chance of catching the intruding FC-1/JF-17, now if it has the FC-1 within the range of missile, then FC-1 pilot has to defend him/herself rather attacking the A/C itself. If the Sea Harrier has limited missile range then it can alert the fleet and MiG 29K or Su -30 MKI can be called on using their R-77 or K-100 novator. So, its a risky business for a single FC-1 approaching and taking on A/C.

Now this is Wikipedia about to state for C-802:

and in reality what has happened to INS Hanit, when 2 missiles launched by Hezbollah :

So, one missile hit the target , and other supposedly self destroyed, though not mentioned, but Israelis blame it on switching of the Ships Anti Missile threat system.

In view of the above, IMHO, it is suitable for attacking a single corvette and damaging / drowning it, or any small ship , but will be quite a Harakiri for doing the same against a A/C.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.