Now Chinese army Intrudes into Arunachal and refuses to vacate

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Now Chinese army Intrudes into Arunachal and refuses to vacate | idrw.org

SOURCE: EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE

The face-off between the Indian Army and the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China continued in Chaglagam sector of Arunachal Pradesh as Chinese troops refused to budge from the occupied position approximately 30 km inside the Indian territory.

Sources said the Indian side decided not to escalate the tension and efforts were on for a flag meeting between the local commanders to resolve the differences.

"Chinese troops had put up tents on Tuesday night at the occupied position, but it was removed on Wednesday morning. Efforts are on to end the standoff between the two sides. Currently, 9 JAK rifles is face to face with Chinese troops in Chaglagam sector," sources said.

"There were several intrusions in the past also when Chinese used to come and put some signs inside our territory before departure. But this time they are showing more aggression and refuse to vacate the occupied position despite official drill and aerial recce by Dy GoC and a brigadier," he said.

Although, there have been several instances of Chinese incursions in the recent past, the Centre had said that the two sides were committed to maintain peace and tranquillity along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Indo-China border areas, pending a final settlement of the boundary question.

"The Centre keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India's security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it," the MEA said.

bose

Country flag
China will refuse to vacate... the only way out is go into TIBET and occupy land... similar to what General K.Sunderjee did in 1987... that is the only language China understands...

China is playing mind games with India... be prepared to pay back...

Ash

Country flag
Two can play at that game, IA...onward to Tibet!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Our Government is Playing against Our Country ..

Let it be talks about siachen glacier, Let it be LAC cross of PLA in Ladak or Let it be interference in CT ops in J&K..

======================

Everything is on the shoulder of field commanders..

bose

Country flag
Our Government is Playing against Our Country ..

Let it be talks about siachen glacier, Let it be LAC cross of PLA in Ladak or Let it be interference in CT ops in J&K..

======================

Everything is on the shoulder of field commanders..
China is testing how far it can push India... it is very apparent that present day Indian government is too week and timid...

My worry is that it is taking a toll on the Army morale, it should not continue as such...

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There was a report far back in 2010, PLA may launch strikes somewhere in 2012-13, It was partially true ..

A demoralized Army cannot stand strong with lack of arms and logistics against a high moral, well supplied and arm force..

This government is doing the inside work..

My worry is that it is taking a toll on the Army morale, it should not continue as such...

bose

Country flag
There was a report far back in 2010, PLA may launch strikes somewhere in 2012-13, It was partially true ..

A demoralized Army cannot stand strong with lack of arms and logistics against a high moral, well supplied and arm force..

This government is doing the inside work..
I see lot of similarities to what Nehru did way back in 50's & 60's...

The present day government is too busy in saving their political future...

honeybadger

Possibly the worse time for all these happening.
Thank god at least GoI is sane, and it will take appropriate action.

Rage

DFI TEAM
China will refuse to vacate... the only way out is go into TIBET and occupy land... similar to what General K.Sunderjee did in 1987... that is the only language China understands...

China is playing mind games with India... be prepared to pay back...
We are not in a position to dominate tibet. the only view, in my opinion, is to simultaneously strengthen deployment and spill Chinese blood- lots of blood!

bose

Country flag
We are not in a position to dominate tibet. the only view, in my opinion, is to simultaneously strengthen deployment and spill Chinese blood- lots of blood!

I am not suggesting an all out war with China on TIBET let me explain a bit"¦

If you look into the reasons for Chinese discomfort, there are mainly for two main reasons firstly they are not talking lightly to Indian aggressive patrolling as China thinks that they have only the right to go for a aggressive patrolling and often intentional poking / intruding into the Indian territories, secondly they are worried on the infrastructure roads and bridges that are coming up at the Indian side of the border, which means that troop mobilization can be done in much quicker time so the advantage China holds now is stands to go in next couple of years or so"¦

China without a 5:1 troops advantage in its side is a lost case for them, currently they can mobilize very quickly due the terrain and infrastructure advantage, now they want force an agreement with India so as to stop / limit all infrastructure works at the Indian side of the border so that they can continue to hold the advantage they have currently"¦ So to make India fall in line China is showing more aggressive posturing and more frequent intrusion into India's territory knowing very well the current government is in no mood for any strong reaction due to its own predicaments"¦

China will keep on testing India's limit to which it can take"¦ what I am suggesting is a tit for tat aggressive patrolling and occasional entry into TIBET territory say 10 Kms and put up of presence there be it by temporary tents or whatever to send out a message to China that border is not yet final and as what former PM Rajiv Gandhi said some 25 years back that goes like this "The Indo – TIBET border is drawn with a think line""¦

We also need leadership of likes of General K.Sunderjee in army, I have read during the confrontation of 1987 incidents, General did took his decision for mobilization & crossing the border without waiting for political concurrence"¦

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles