North Korean nuclear crisis

amoy

North Korean pop band leaves Beijing without performing

SEOUL Members of an all-female North Korean pop music band left Beijing abruptly on Saturday before they were due to perform at a concert, heading back to Pyongyang, Japan’s Kyodo news service reported.

The Moranbong Band, formed by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, was visiting China along with the North’s State Merited Chorus and was due to perform later on Saturday at Beijing’s National Center for the Performing Arts, Kyodo reported.

Members of the band were seen departing from Beijing’s international airport, Kyodo said, without identifying a source.

The band’s China visit had been seen as an indication of improving relations between China and its isolated neighbor. China is North Korea’s main economic and diplomatic backer, but relations were believed to have cooled until recently.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-band-idUSKBN0TV08J20151212

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

sthf

Country flag

Honestly man, I'd gladly pick the madman above than the one below. There are some checks & balances in place to stop Trump. Fat Kim on the other hand will nuke Seoul or Tokyo if intel suggested that they are making a move on him.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Honestly man, I'd gladly pick the madman above than the one below. There are some checks & balances in place to stop Trump. Fat Kim on the other hand will nuke Seoul or Tokyo if intel suggested that they are making a move on him.
Stop it, Kim Jong Un is awesome, he is not killing other peoples, except killing his own family brutally and starving his peoples to death

bhramos

Country flag

Two days ago he send a fleet near north korea and today this tweet came up....

amoy

Trump says China has turned back N. Korean coal ships, lauds it as 'big step'

The ban followed strict, new sanctions imposed in November by the United Nations on North Korean coal exports, which China helped to draft and pass.

Coal accounted for a third of all official North Korean exports in 2015, making up a large part of their income. China is by far North Korea's largest trading partner.

Trump's statement comes days after he met with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. The two then spoke on what the White House called a "very productive" phone call Tuesday night.

Trump praised reports of China turning away North Korean coal during a joint news conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.

China cuts coal imports from North Korea 01:45

"We have a very big problem in North Korea. And, as I said, I really think that China is going to try very hard, and has already started," Trump said.

"A lot of the coal boats have already been turned back -- you saw that yesterday and today -- they've been turned back," he said. "The vast amount of coal that comes out of North Korea going to China, they've turned back the boats. That's a big step, and they have many other steps that I know about."

bhramos

Country flag
Kim the following drill of Korean special forces. Drill is going on in the Deathly Hallows 2 day to day celebrating my birthday trying to chairman Kim Il-sung and the tension on the Korean Peninsula Freedom America regarding nuclear program of North Korea.

TheSeeker

China have deployed 150,000 soldiers in North Korean border.

Kim will be taken out. A puppet that is more control able by China will be installed. Or China is going to invade and annex N korea once Kim is taken out.

The deal was done when Xi visited Trump last week.

amoy

China to suspend Beijing-Pyongyang flights starting Monday - CCTV
Fri 14 Apr 2017 12:17:42 GMT

Give Trump credit
Sounds like Trump made a deal.

CCTV reports that Air China will halt flights between Beijing and Pyongyang starting April 17. They didn't specify a reason but the timing is awfully coincidental if it had nothing to do with Trump and tensions.

That said, CCTV is also reporting that Air China has routinely canceled the Beijing-Pyongyang flights in the past because of low demand.

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Kim will be taken out. A puppet that is more control able by China will be installed. Or China is going to invade and annex N korea once Kim is taken out.

Source of that "deal" ? Or just random "alt" news ?
I am not really following situation with NK, but this crazy regime is almost unbreakable . Don't see the Chinese wasting time and resources to occupy NK.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am not really following situation with NK, but this crazy regime is almost unbreakable . Don't see the Chinese wasting time and resources to occupy NK.
NK is the buffer, if the current regime falls America will for the first time have a land boundary with mainland china via SK or a New Democratic regime.

May be that's what CCP is afraid of.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Chinese are not occupying NK but propping them up with their puppet Kim.
What NK guy Kim gets out of this is dynastic rule.

China doesn't like giving up NK for the same reason the US doesn't like giving up SK. These are two buffer states.
Once they are given up the influence of the respective patron, in the said region, diminishes.

And NK doesn't like giving up nukes because they know that West will kill destroy that country just like Libya, Iraq, Syria, Afghanstan.
Nuke is their guarantor, but also might turn out to be their destroyer.

bhramos

Country flag
LIVE: Military parade in Pyongyang, North Korea to mark 105th anniversary of founding leader's birth

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

There is a report in CIA, that someone managed to spy the Trump Xi meeting,

Interestingly he is also a member of our forum

bhramos

Country flag
LIVE: North Korean ambassador to the UN, Kim In Ryong, holds news conference at the UN

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles