North Korea Says It Has Conducted 'Successful' Hydrogen Bomb Test

rockey 71

Yes. But inspite of no sanctions plus additional free aid from other countries, porkistan is still not able to do any wonders.

Neither you nor am I Pakistanis. This thread is not about that country. I suspect they are doing wonders; that's why you are pinched to make that comment.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Neither you nor am I Pakistanis. This thread is not about that country. I suspect they are doing wonders; that's why you are pinched to make that comment.
Okay :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

warrior monk

Apparently after Pakistan even N Korea has overtaken India in the nuclear field.
Really o_Oo_Oo_O do tell how Pakistan and North Korea have overtaken India in nuclear field i.e both civilian and strategic
please enlighten us regarding this value laden judgement.
Thank you

Redhawk

Once must be inclined to scepticism on North Korean reports that they have successfully tested a thermonuclear device, i.e., a hydrogen bomb. For a "country" that cannot feed itself, it is a bit hard to believe. Still, it does indicate a strange set of priorities on the part of the North Korean politico-military leadership. "Guns before butter", eh, Kim?

Compersion

Country flag
Listen, there is nothing stop India from doing another test, but economic sanction.
The reason that P5 and north Korea can do it is that every one of them didn't give a shit about economic sanction (such as China and Korea), or the world can't impose sanction on them at the time (US, Soviet, UK and French).
Now, the whole world has made it clear, there will be economic sanction imposed if you go ahead with a nuclear test. So far, there is no sign that P5 has changed their attitude.

So, as long as Indian public has no problem with the possible sanction, Indian government is free to do whatever test she likes. It is your call, not ours.

Please stop deluding yourselves the world or part of the world is begging you to do the test.
But someone has to show some leadership for Asia because there is a vacuum created by PRC by way of North Korea and the seas. Are you saying a India nuclear test would not be welcomed by others in Asia and even other countries (US, Russia, UK, French) ... i see you to be reasoned and well opinonated and many times you have said what is a position that is simple. I am sure you can see what is obvious and wont shy away from admitting it. Are you one of the many in PRC that hates North Korea ?? Cheers.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
The only sanctions that will harm North Korea is if they are made on PRC to not do trade with North Korea ... only question is would PRC use VETO and if not they accept such a movement what would be the reaction of North Korea.

The protector who is behaving and showing all is fine with the way things have gone. Like i have said a India nuclear test(s) now would be a fantastic take away for many of the stake holders

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/07/new-...ce-in-response-to-north-koreaas-boldness.html

Another user said: "I have been racking my head but I simply can't figure out why we have to offend everybody in the world to defend a rogue regime."

Popular sentiment in China, where Mr. Kim has been maligned online as an overweight, bumptious neophyte, appears to run against the government's public patience with the North Korean leader.

In a poll on Weibo conducted Friday and Saturday, 66 percent of 8,000 respondents said they supported a strike by the United States to wipe out North Korea's nuclear weapons program. Eighteen percent of those interviewed said they were against such a strike, and 16 percent said they were neutral.

Most importantly, China was afraid that hammering North Korea with heavy sanctions would turn its neighbor into a hostile country that could "take action" against Beijing, Mr. Shi said.

"The general relationship between the United States and China is far from good, and I don't think the U.S. has any real bargaining chips with China over North Korea," Mr. Shi said. "The vital interest of the United States is to reduce the nuclear weapons, and the vital interest of China is to keep a minimum degree of stability and to keep North Korea a friend."

Compersion

Country flag
Apparently after Pakistan even N Korea has overtaken India in the nuclear field.
I think that the restraint and behavior India has shown since 1998 to not test is admirable but it was with conditions since we stopped and announced likewise. It was under the condition that no other country would test (we can take away Pakistan because the tests were done together with India and also the "record" of Pakistan). We are seeing a proxy of a P5 do tests over 10 years.

I always say why dont we ask Bhutan to get out of the NPT and do 10 years of testing and we can call some of those failed to make them test even more - and yep it wont be India who is testing but Bhutan because of the threat across its borders.

Also

It was 9 days in 1998 when after the Pakistan nuclear test the PRC (with VETO) along with others made sanctions on Pakistan and India. 9 days where Pakistan instability and also crazy behavior was not enough to prolong and stop the debate. Pakistan must be looking at North Korea and PRC and thinking how cute - perhaps Pakistan needs to remind PRC who is and what can be unstable.

rockey 71

I think that the restraint and behavior India has shown since 1998 to not test is admirable but it was with conditions since we stopped and announced likewise. It was under the condition that no other country would test (we can take away Pakistan because the tests were done together with India and also the "record" of Pakistan). We are seeing a proxy of a P5 do tests over 10 years.

I always say why dont we ask Bhutan to get out of the NPT and do 10 years of testing and we can call some of those failed to make them test even more - and yep it wont be India who is testing but Bhutan because of the threat across its borders.

Also

It was 9 days in 1998 when after the Pakistan nuclear test the PRC (with VETO) along with others made sanctions on Pakistan and India. 9 days where Pakistan instability and also crazy behavior was not enough to prolong and stop the debate. Pakistan must be looking at North Korea and PRC and thinking how cute - perhaps Pakistan needs to remind PRC who is and what can be unstable.

Are you sure it is "admirable restraint"? Funds, political will and availability of technology and scientists could be other factors too.

no smoking

Country flag
But someone has to show some leadership for Asia because there is a vacuum created by PRC by way of North Korea and the seas.
Someone? Who? Definitely not India at the moment.
So far, India offers NOTHING, ZERO meaningful assistance to Asian countries but lip work.
You can't show your leadership with empty words.

Are you saying a India nuclear test would not be welcomed by others in Asia and even other countries (US, Russia, UK, French) ...
Can you tell where and who is begging India to do another nuclear test. You have to stop using your own opinion to replace the fact. No one is welcoming an India nuclear test.

i see you to be reasoned and well opinonated and many times you have said what is a position that is simple. I am sure you can see what is obvious and wont shy away from admitting it. Are you one of the many in PRC that hates North Korea ?? Cheers.
You know what is your problem? You always discuss based on your imagination without checking the fact.
I am sure you can't see what is obvious and is shy away from admitting it.

So far, I haven't seen you provide any evidence to support your argument.

no smoking

Country flag
But someone has to show some leadership for Asia because there is a vacuum created by PRC by way of North Korea and the seas.
So far, India offers NOTHING, ZERO meaningful assistance to Asian countries but lip work.

Are you saying a India nuclear test would not be welcomed by others in Asia and even other countries (US, Russia, UK, French) ...
Can you tell where and who is begging India to do another nuclear test. You have to stop using your own opinion to replace the fact. No one is welcoming an India nuclear test.

i see you to be reasoned and well opinonated and many times you have said what is a position that is simple. I am sure you can see what is obvious and wont shy away from admitting it. Are you one of the many in PRC that hates North Korea ?? Cheers.
You know what is your problem? You always discuss based on your imagination without checking the fact.

Compersion

Country flag

We wait for the UNSC resolution and PRC VETO and see after that.

You know we are still waiting for PRC to respond and announce its move - how many days has it been ...

Pakistan got raped by contributory action from PRC (with VETO) in 9 days after its nuclear test.

Also you never answered are you one of the many in PRC that hates North Korea ??

Why such confusion with North Korea - why not make it clear. Drama to play the USA, South Korea and Japan - too cute. Is everything fine inside PRC. Is Jiang Zemin singing any songs.

There was also a prophecy told me long ago that there would be a nuclear explosion by North Korea followed by India (supported by USA). I think that fits into nuclear tests now ...

(sometimes giving the evidence can be with a pinch of seriousness)

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Are you sure it is "admirable restraint"? Funds, political will and availability of technology and scientists could be other factors too.
Sorry i am not sure if you are a Indian enthusiast. Like many you will eventually come around. Do you know that the high expectations that PRC has made with CPEC like it is the best thing and even better to that.

The high expectation from PRC.

Pakistan is also coming around to that. I am not sure if you are a Paki but please remember those 9 days and the garbage treatment Pakistan had to endure from 1998 and PRC was a contributing factor to that.

Because with North Korea they are willing to use VETO and even make others deflate the resolution and actions for fear for instability. High expectations of PRC that not only Pakistan in that boat. Pakistan needs to remind PRC who they are - because you dont want PRC to laugh at Pakis incompetence like they are trying doing with USA.

I also really dont like people questioning our (India) ability and capability and this is one of the reasons why i want us to test again quickly and with confidence and also make it with reasoned proper justification (which there is obviously).

I am sure quotes like yours has been heard by the right people. Because it is not a single occurrence. There is a theme where there is doubt about India and doubt about we can do.

And a lot like Pokhran II people shouted JAI MATA DI.

WHY - IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS THE TRUTH ABOUT INDIA. ONE MORE TIME(S) NOW!!

Compersion

Country flag
Also not sure the reason why USA (+ South Korea, Japan) consulting with PRC on UNSC resolution.

Make it strong and make PRC not trade with North Korea and even make Iran resolutions look like they were reasonable.

Get PRC to VETO the resolution if they are really saying they have no control and want to punish North Korea.

The PRC is doing drama.

After the VETO the current discussion can take place again. But get it on record for the International community that PRC action of North Korea.

You never know the PRC might even support such a resolution.

There can be language like the Kashmir line (that was actualized only for Pakistan) in 1172 where the North Korea are offered a way out ... you know like denuclarisation and even enter NPT.

https://www.rt.com/news/331665-unsc-condemn-north-korea/

UNSC to pass resolution on N. Korea over rocket launch within days

"Within Days" - there is 365 days in a year. And PRC is able to extend stalemates and quid pro quo for long days - One China principle has given good experience.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
http://www.voanews.com/content/us-senate-legislation-north-korea-sanctions/3183957.html

US Senate Expected to Approve North Korea Sanctions

“We need to make sure the Chinese pay a price on this,” Republican Sen. John McCain told VOA. “They [North Korea] would collapse without Chinese support in a month.”

“I’m not hopeful that China will join in doing anything,” Corker said. “It’s pretty hard for the White House to push back against what we’re doing when it’s evident that the U.N. Security Council itself is not going to be effective in dealing with this.”

Not sure if the above would be right approach the UNSC can bring some good takeaways. Not good for UNSC image and PRC might jump on this by saying that USA acting unilaterally. But if this is a New MFN status type bill on PRC with a yearly review that is "ouch". PRC entities and focus ... would love to also see what other names are said (AKA Pakis - AQ Khanis). Will someone also mention that Pakistan supplied nuclear know how to PRC and also no UNSC support for Paki in 1998 but only for terror (which hurts Pakis in position and posture) for Pakis to take note on how the PRC repays good faith and support and shows North Korea is worth more in value and actions by a big margin (keep Pakis down and try and control them more and similar to North Korea - cornered). One will say but PRC supplied the device for Paki to test and later raped them - see how North Korea is having its meal(s). 7 hours of open debate is much more achieved compare to the "drama" of PRC and meetings with USA and others. The debate is going to be good to follow. What a timing.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
The first response of both the house and senate of USA together that has been made apparently after the North Korea nuclear test of 6 January 2016.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/02/10/reports-north-korean-army-chief-executed/80166884/

U.S. Senate approves sanctions against North Korea after rocket launch

But there is not much other to the above actions on North Korea.

South Korea has said they would stop doing trade but it makes no difference and might hurt South Korea more because of the cheap labour. Japan is saying the same but it is bread crumbs and PRC and North Korea would have calculated these in before anyway. PRC is still doing and supporting North Korea.

If the above is the only measure the international community can measure up to with North Korea - more reason for India to test. I am sure there has to be a t minus time that is in our calculations.

The USA is now authorised by its own laws to go and tell PRC that they have to punish North Korea.

The UNSC has USA and South Korea, Japan resolution to be drafted.

The South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and others are looking at the no response of USA and being played by PRC.

One can add to this the ASEAN Region and others.

A India nuclear test brings away many important positive takeaways for many important stakeholders mentioned above to a net benefit for all. One cannot accept such behavior by North Korea to be the norm and simply dealt with like it is acceptable like it is. A India nuclear test makes things serious and also brings in more sensible discussions on how to deal with parameters. Like India was the big and sensible party earlier with Pakistan (a unstable party) i am sure India would be kind for the peaceful and positive development of the world. The T minus time is approaching fast. If UNSC resolution is done before and with PRC veto that supersedes and allows for earlier ignition.

Compersion

Country flag
1) This is for the housewives and also the small "investors" not to be shocked and with a sudden announcement but with a somewhat foreseeable event for India. It would be good such a development is placed into the open ...

Naraishima Rao : Narasimha Rao was ready to test the nuclear bomb in 1996: Kalam

http://zeenews.india.com/news/natio...st-the-nuclear-bomb-in-1996-kalam_824906.html

Did Manmohan Singh make and prepare any such movements on and near 12 February 2013. Was he told not to by X and that PRC would make sure there would be no more test and give the international community leverage and preparation over such. Was he and the machinery knowing the next developments in mind. Now it has been handed over to the next Mr. Modi to decide with the setup of the now (no one wants to say like before N.Rao -> ABVP but the currents is there).

Not like this - the subtle nature but more respectfully done:

http://articles.economictimes.india...s/70313862_1_narendra-modi-lies-digital-india

"The Narendra Modi dispensation is a "Thumbs Up" government which always "wants to have a blast", Congress said today, taking a dig at it ahead of the start of the Make in India week programme in Mumbai."

2) In life if you do nothing which you are not ready to admit then you will be fearless.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles