Non Hindus should get permission from the temple board to enter Somnath Temple - new policy

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Mad Indian, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Do not go to temples, so it does not matter to me.

I wonder how many non Hindus come to the temple.

This reminds me of the Temple in Puri which did not allow Mrs.Indira Gandhi entry to the temple as she had married a non Hindu. there are temples in Kerela where non Hindus are not allowed and this has been there for decades.

Raja.pakistani and SPIEZ like this.
  4. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

Reminds me of a famous political heir entering tirupati. Should be allowed to entry WITHOUT permission, especially because Hinduism is known to be tolerant. Also they might get to understand the grand history of Hinduism.

Else, there wouldn't be much difference between Hinduism and some other abrahamic religion.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    brational and flyingarg like this.
  5. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

I support the decision.

But, a Hindu temple is a place of worship and respect to the Dharma for Hindus only. The people who don't respect the Hindu religion should not enter there. A group of giggling, sight-seeing tourists is not desirable in Temple premises. Further, the report mentions that "a woman with Burqa (veil worn by Muslim women) was allowed while she was trying to enter. That raised the suspicion on whether non-Hindus should be checked whether they should be allowed to go and whether something will happen,” he said." Now, what does the a woman in Burqa want to do in a Hindu temple?

Dharmateja likes this.
  6. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Good decision...... Our temples, our laws ..... no need for others. No need .

7. Rashna

Rashna Senior Member Senior Member

An identity document can prove faith perhaps but how will they find out if a non hindu is visiting (assuming this person looks like an indian and not too different to attract attention). What about hare krishna and other foreign hindus who may be practicing the faith but don't have any papers to support the same... I don't see any problem in allowing non hindus in to hindu temples...

8. flyingarg

flyingarg Regular Member

The temple owners, the brahmins, are supposed to be guides to the hindu way of living. Our hindutva brigade is lead by them. And when you here of cries from india as to how other religions are forcing conversion or subverting the hindu way it mostly comes from the brahmins. :facepalm:. I find it ironic.

There is some credibility to the argument that brahmins failed the hindu culture. It was their responsibility to check the cast system from becoming a patrimony. They then shunned half of the hindus from temples. Then they forwent all the charity that temple contributions were supppsed to do. They started guarding eduction and imparted it only to the priviledged.

How could they in their right mind complain now if the oppressed switched religion? I mean look at what they have done, not allowing people to enter a temple?

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  9. jackprince

I am a bit old fashioned I guess. Not very religious, but take religion seriously. I don't consider Temples to be tourist spots. Unlike Churches or Mosques which are places for offering prayer, our temples are considered to be abode of the deity and certain decorum/sanctity is automatically maintained by the visiting Hindus. Even in mosques, during prayer times no non-muslim can enter or asked to wait outside, heck even in open roads it is so. During prayers at Church it is different, but then automatically people who are not planning to covert, avoid visiting during sunday prayers. However, in our temples, the sacred rituals are carried on throughout the day.

I am not chauvinist, but I understand this much that Hindus are not going to try to convert anyone, unlike others; so what's the point in letting people of other faith enter our sacred places with disrespect?

Also, Hinduism has nothing to prove to the world about its greatness, when the world as a whole has submitted to 2 most vicious death-cults.

parijataka and brational like this.
  10. jackprince

Ahem... they are asking non-hindus not to enter temple, no caste is involved. How many devotees will find it outrageous if a beared man with skull-cap or a burqua-clad woman are present during their time of worshipping? Or a man with a cross at his neck? I will personally find it offensive.

parijataka, SPIEZ and Dharmateja like this.
  11. flyingarg

flyingarg Regular Member

Well i meant to say the temple folk, thanks to numerous such failures have forfeit the moral right to say what they can and can not allow inside a hindu temple.

Also why would you be offended if some one from other religion comes to your temple ?

12. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Keshubhai Patel a Congress leader is the Chairman of the Trust of the temple, wonder what does he have to say on this.

It brings to my mind the case of the legendary singer Yesudas who has sung many bhajans in praise of Lord Krishna was not allowed to enter the Guruvayoor temple in Kerela.
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140919/nation-politics/article/net-campaign-let-yesudas-guruvayur

this is a silly case but then what can be done. The Govt. cannot interfere in the temple issue and should not also. It is left to the wisdom of the people concerned.

SPIEZ likes this.
  13. flyingarg

flyingarg Regular Member

Have you forgotten the wars we fought among ourselves? vaishnavs vs shivaliks ?

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

If you own the temple, you decide who can enter or not enter. I know some people would bring in caste here where low caste people were not allowed in the temples. But now given enough economic freedom, build your own temple, if others do not allow you to enter.

15. jackprince

Actually I have. I might know one or two conflict between Vaishnavaites and Shivaites, but any war I don't know about. I actually would like learn. Can you give any link?

parijataka and Dharmateja like this.
  16. jackprince

Actually they have not lost any right. The particular temple were destroyed numerous times by the barbarians and was rebuilt time and again, by the people or the ancestors of the people, who are in charge of the temple at present. So whatever their caste might have done in the social development of the Hindus in the past (and how much the bullcrap that have been fed by the leftist immoral historians are facts) is immaterial when it comes to the temple. The temple authority cannot or shouldn't prevent people from any caste of hindus to enter into the temple, as they have all the rights being a hindu to enter the temple. But, other religion has no right or can claim any right to have passage into the premises.

I would not be offended if they come to offer prayer or worship or simple respect for the deity. But otherwise, I personally don't see why a person should be seeking entry into a temple, or should be allowed to if the priests decide that the temple should remain only for the pilgrimage? I know many places of of religion around the world have become tourists places, but if some authority who are minder of the place doesn't want their charge to become a tourist spot and remain a sacred place only for devotees, what's the harm in it? If you want non-hindus to see the glory, they can go to places where the trustees or boards don't mind their intrusion.

17. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

^^ I do not think Hinduism is a closed society and so there is no restriction on who can/cannot enter. If there are certain areas or tasks in the temple, which require only deities then permission can be restricted. But I do not think you can restrict access to temples by evoking religion.

flyingarg likes this.
  18. Mad Indian

@jackprince @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

While there is no question on whether or not the temple authorities can block the entry of non Hindus into "their" temples- they "can" obviously, the actual question to be answered is which is better for Hindus and Hinduism - allowing non Hindus to enter the temples or not allowing them

We can't convert people of other faith to our way of life without allowing them access to our holy sites and places of worship. See how xtians export their faith.

So what do you guys think about that ?

@sob Sir , pls add non anonymous polls on this matter. I opened the thread on a mobile and I dint know how to create polls .

19. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Basic temples should be open to people of other faiths. Ofcourse, there are higher pursuits related to religion which should not be secularized. For eg. Secular Yoga which Modi govt. wanted to pursue.

Mad Indian likes this.
  20. Mad Indian

Yeah I agree. Secularisation of such religious symbols should rightfully be taken as an assault on our religion and culture

21. TejasMK3

TejasMK3 Regular Member

I think it is probably to prevent stuff like this from happening:

Korean Christians Stir Controversy By Holding Service At Sacred Buddhist Site

This problem also happened in Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple, there have been preachers who have come in and started mocking rituals and so on.

Hardcore xtians and muslims,esp the evangelical types are brainwashed into hatred of the other it is very hard to control them.

Generally I am of the opinion that temples etc should receive wide exposure, more exposure is good, people can learn about things. But then when you have exclusivity based faiths, that brainwash "destroy Idols, convert devil worshippers". These people honestly just come in to court trouble or destroy stuff. Not sure what could be a solution here.

How would they know if someone was a Hindu or not? (unless of course they visibly have symbols that make them look xtian/muslim).