Nobel winner V Ramakrishnan refuses to attend Indian Science Congress, calls it a 'circus'

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
He is predicting nothing with science. He is only computing the positions of the planets using science. Now, with the positions of planets in hand, thanks to science, he comes up with a lot of predictions. "If Saturn is here, this will happen" - types of predictions. There is no science involved in that.

Nothing wonky.
Positions you are saying but how did he know these positions?
Do you really think they came out of thin air?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
vedic astrology i would say to be an exact science (and a super-science, much more complex and difficult than any other branch of study & contemplation). however it involves much spiritual and esoteric concepts and practices (in the basis itself; for instance, regular dhyaan) and hence its conflict with the present mainstream science which is still in the mould of just a mechanistic model/physical view of the universe. to that effect then astrology could be termed as an 'art' rather than 'science' for present practical purposes. but fortunately many now in the country (and some abroad) have been researching on it with the rigorous methods as used by any science, which is a highly welcome change esp. with regards to loosening the hold of exploitative practices & mercenaries over it and giving them some serious jolts.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Positions you are saying but how did he know these positions?
Do you really think they came out of thin air?
I know how he knew these positions.

We are good up to that point.

Now, after knowing the positions, he says, if planet X is here, Y will happen. Where does he get that from?

Ancient Indian

He

Now, after knowing the positions, he says, if planet X is here, Y will happen. Where does he get that from?
He is following manual to predict. What science is there?
Some one learned these positions. My posts are about it.
How did these guys learn these positions?
My ranting stays there. Not about some manual user who follows manual left by his ancestor.

Victor3

i have read rationlaist books about astrology( every type of astrology ), i ahve read Internet articles also, then i have seen the stand of scientific community also..so i am pretty much sure that astrology is a irrational thing. Pseudo science is very difficult to detect, it takes experts and experiments and observations to disprove it. Proponents of the pseudo science will present it as if it's some kind of science and maths etc. I in the past thought raikey is a genuine treatment, i thought homeopathy is scientific(until today),
As for those who are reserching it, they can continue to do it, there is no harm in checking something out.
personally i didn't think that anytime

Victor3

if you look at some calendars and others things it is seen that some numbers are plugged in by authors. they dont have a logic but are just some arithmetics thrown just to foolish people....some of them are indeed tryings of science they studyed stars they tried to find a logic in their moves correlating with real life events....some that accidentally had a correlation just for some time had become a proven theory for them...but finally the asociation stopped to work and they were dissapointed

Ancient Indian

The book vimana sastra I read is not with me now. It is a hard copy and written in my native language.
So no proof for your aerofoil for now.

But that doesn't change the book's credibility.
The aero dynamics which negates gravity can be replaced with other mechanism.
Gravity in their terms nothing but some variation of Prana which is main force behind all forces.
If they control Prana, then what stops them from controlling gravity.

Call me delusional but I believe their texts and learnt few with enough proofs.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
The book vimana sastra I read is not with me now. It is a hard copy and written in my native language.
So no proof for your aerofoil for now.

But that doesn't change the book's credibility.
The aero dynamics which negates gravity can be replaced with other mechanism.
Gravity in their terms nothing but some variation of Prana which is main force behind all forces.
If they control Prana, then what stops them from controlling gravity.

Call me delusional but I believe their texts and learnt few with enough proofs.
Ok let us say that what is written in the books is true. Let us indeed make that assumption.
Then why on earth was that technique not used to mass produce indigenous aeroplanes in India. It has been 67 years after independence. Why do we still have to depend on these evil western designed aeroplanes????
:biggrin2:

Ancient Indian

Ok let us say that what is written in the books is true. Let us indeed make that assumption.
Then why on earth was that technique not used to mass produce indigenous aeroplanes in India. It has been 67 years after independence. Why do we still have to depend on these evil western designed aeroplanes????
:biggrin2:
Let me question you in your own style.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Vivekananda are from Bengal and they left enough things for you, yet how do you not attained any kind of enlightenment?

pmaitra

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Vivekananda are from Bengal and they left enough things for you, yet how do you not attained any kind of enlightenment?
I wish they left us enough information on how to make an aviation jet turbine. We wouldn't have had to import the GE-F404 then.

Maybe Vimana Shastra will help us someday? :biggrin2:

Ancient Indian

I wish they left us enough information on how to make an aviation jet turbine. We wouldn't have had to import the GE-F404 then.

Maybe Vimana Shastra will help us someday? :biggrin2:
Sometimes I wonder what will happen to World if I teach you, @pmaitra, Advaita.

pmaitra

Sometimes I wonder what will happen to World if I teach you, @pmaitra, Advaita.
Sir, why waste your effort teaching things to an unenlightened like me? You might as well spend your valuable time to build something like this, using your Vimana Shastra: o_O

Ancient Indian

Sir, why waste your effort teaching things to an unenlightened like me? You might as well spend your valuable time to build something like this, using your Vimana Shastra: o_O

Ok, you got me there.
I may not be able to build some thing like your turbofan.

But give me some time. I am still at alphabet level.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

I am well enlightened on such topics. Vivekananda`s most famous quote is Karmai Dharma. He asked us Bengalis not to go overboard with religious matters and become fanatics and bigots. Rather we should educate ourselves and concentrate on our jobs. It is only work rather than worship that will bring us closer to God according to Swami Vivekananda.

ISRO

Hello
What is this going on is everything fine?

pmaitra

I am well enlightened on such topics. Vivekananda`s most famous quote is Karmai Dharma. He asked us Bengalis not to go overboard with religious matters and become fanatics and bigots. Rather we should educate ourselves and concentrate on our jobs. It is only work rather than worship that will bring us closer to God according to Swami Vivekananda.
Correct.

Karma is Dharma.

This has been illustrated on several occasions in Mahabharata as well. There is also that famous commentary by Krishna, "कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन। मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि॥"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles