Nobel Peace Prize Count Down for Malala Yousafzai !!

Blackwater

Today malala all set to get noble price.

my Q is does she deserve all this hype and award??:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Blackwater

if she won, she should dedicate this noble award to taliban becoz whom she would been at this position..

interestingly all paki media has gone mad and crazy. saying, malala is qaum ki beti,this award is for pakistan:shocked::shocked::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ash

Country flag
I think that she is fell into this because of circumsatnces and the Western world is using her and the circumstances to bring attention as to how females taking the initiative to get an education, are treated by religious hipocrates.
However I think she is a brave girl and has risen to the occassion well, to bring her plight and that of other girls to the forefront.

Blackwater

malala said she has made a ""malala foundation "" to educate girls in pakistan,syria,afganistan. to make peace in world

hmmmm paki education, which is full of hate,hindu is kafir,India is enemy, Islam is supreme rest are fake and kufur,.by this education she want to restore peace in world.

in my view there is no difference between her and Taliban.

in my view she will use all her donation money on her and family

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
She is brave.

But Nobel Prize?

There must be good reasons that I am not aware of.

Ash

Country flag
Malala, survivor of Taliban, resented in Pakistan hometown

MINGORA, Pakistan (Reuters) - For many of her compatriots, Malala Yousafzai is a stooge of the United States and a CIA agent, a symbol of the West's evils and a global conspiracy to bring down her native Pakistan.

She has won the European Union's prestigious human rights award and was one of the favourites to win the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday, but in her native Swat valley, friends and neighbours reacted with a mixture of resentment, fear and jealousy.

"Malala is spoiling Pakistan's name around the world," said Mohammad Rizwan, a shop owner in her hometown of Mingora. "We didn't need Malala to come and tell us how important education is."

Around the corner from his shop is the quiet street where Malala, 16, was shot a year ago after trying to defy the Taliban with her outspoken views on women's right to education.

She survived after being airlifted to Britain for treatment and has since become a symbol of defiance against militants holed up in nearby tribal areas on the Afghan border.

But in this deeply conservative part of Pakistan, where women are expected to stay at home and keep their views to themselves, many people view Malala's campaign with suspicion.

In a nation thriving on conspiracy theories, some have even doubted the sincerity of her campaign, claiming it is part of her family's ploy to move to Britain or that she is just an attention seeker.

Social media sites are brimming with insulting messages. "We hate Malala Yousafzai, a CIA agent," says one Facebook page.

"Here, people have been unkind to her. They want to forget her. They think she is a drama queen. But what can you do?" said Ahmad Shah, a childhood friend of Malala's father who helped write her speech at the United Nations this year.

"Here in Swat, we have seen the hell that is Taliban rule. And yet, some people still say they would much rather side with the Taliban than Malala. Sometimes people never learn."

In an impoverished region where violence is part of daily life, some of Malala's neighbours were simply afraid. Some appeared keen to forget about her and move on.

The picturesque valley was overran by the Taliban, who imposed strict Islamic laws and kept its people in fear, in 2007. It is now controlled by the Pakistani army. Mingora, a dusty town of windy roads surrounded by jagged hills, is festooned with billboards reading "Long live the Pakistan Army!"

There were no posters of Malala.

"Malala is a talented girl, no doubt," said Zahid Khan, head of the Swat Peace Jirga, an anti-Taliban body who has survived three attempts on his life for his work.

"I have been attacked. Shot. Almost killed. But no one is honouring me. The state hasn't given me a cent in compensation."

The Taliban have issued repeated threats to kill her.

"She says she does not want to live like an illiterate person in a walled compound and deliver children," said Shahidullah Shahid, a Pakistani Taliban spokesman.

"Her mother and grandmother used to live in walled compounds and deliver children, so by saying that she didn't even spare her mother."

At Khushal Public School, a three-storey building where she studied, many avoided mentioning her name altogether.

A red and yellow school bus parked outside its metal gate was the same as the one in which Malala was shot on October 9, 2012. In her classroom, her old seat was still empty. Someone had placed a schoolbag there to mark her presence.

But there were no events held to mark the first anniversary of her shooting.

"We want the girls to forget the trauma of that day," said Nargis Bibi, a school administrator. "We want them to forget it. We don't want them to relive it again. We all want to move on."

Quratulain Ali, Malala's friend, said quietly: "We are all very happy in our hearts (that she was nominated to win the Nobel Peace Prize) but we don't often speak about it openly. There could be danger for us also."

The award went to the Hague-based Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which is overseeing the destruction's of Syria's arsenal

Free Karma

Cmon....nobel prizes are a joke. when obama gets one for peace and Gandhi doesnt (after being nominated 5 times or so) lol. Plus a lot of times asians are passed on, and not acknowledged.

kseeker

Retired
Cmon....nobel prizes are a joke. when obama gets one for peace and Gandhi doesnt (after being nominated 5 times or so) lol. Plus a lot of times asians are passed on, and not acknowledged.
Gandhi and nobel prize for that butcher ? With his absurd ahimsa propaganda, he was responsible for the massacre of millions during his time ! He didn't deserve Nobel at all !

In fact, Nobel prize it self is a Big Joke !

amoy

I watched the interview of Malala by Jon Stewart on her book. she talks amazingly and effusively imagine she's only 16 something?? btw her English is good with a slight accent.

alright, was Comrade Putin nominted too?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Blackwater

I watched the interview of Malala by Jon Stewart on her book. she talks amazingly and effusively imagine she's only 16 something?? btw her English is good with a slight accent.

alright, was Comrade Putin nominted too?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
part of a plan

DivineHeretic

Country flag
She is brave.

But Nobel Prize?

Lets just say sometimes the public perception about someone means more than the actions of the person. Its not necessarily a bad thing. Infact, if supporting or propping up someone gets the desired benefit, I'm all for it.

If the perception of the the simple common man in Egypt transformed the entire North Africa into a zone of democracy, then why not prop him up as the posterboy of the revolution. Sure, he may have not done something huge, but whatever the circumstances he found himself in, that changed the very world around him.

But then this is entirely my view

dhananjay1

She is brave.

But Nobel Prize?

Nobel peace prize is a political award. The western countries give to anyone who is toeing their line. It has nothing whatsoever to with peace. Same goes for the prizes for literature and economics. Only Nobel prizes for hard sciences are worth considering.

Reactions: I-G

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nobel peace prize is a political award. The western countries give to anyone who is toeing their line. It has nothing whatsoever to with peace. Same goes for the prizes for literature and economics. Only Nobel prizes for hard sciences are worth considering.
Today's news proves it!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles