Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen's connection to Rothschild

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by johnee, May 20, 2012.

1. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen's connection to Rothschild:

[​IMG]

Amartya Sen married Emma Georgina Rothschild in 1991(Wiki) and was awarded Nobel in 1998. His Ex-wife Nabaneeta also occupies quite an influential role in India. She has been awarded Padmashri.

It seems to me that the number(and frequency) of awards & honors for Amartya Sen and his ex-wife seem to have increased after 1991.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

OK as an economist, he sniffed money!

And shed his impoverished Indian wife!

Clever tick!

Peter likes this.
  4. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

His desi wife is not impoverished. She has been awarded sahitya akademy award and Padma Shri after he married into Rothschild, while he acquired a Nobel for himself.

He has married 2 jewish women(one of them Rothschild) after divorcing the desi wife. Interestingly, all his children have hindu sounding names.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Compare her with the Rothschild fortune.

Sen may have won a Nobel, but it has gone to his head.

As for as the names of the children, it is fashionable and very hep to have names of the myserious, mystic orient.

I know of a prominent Hindu (Brahmin) family of Calcutta who delight in giving their children Muslim names.

The last one was Mushkan!

Last edited: May 20, 2012
    johnee likes this.
  6. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Is it any surprise he absolved Britain from colonial atrocities including engineered famines? Didn't GOI give him a Bharat Ratna?

7. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Yes you are correct we won't forget it neither will many find difficult to forgive. What could have been a better response to his getting a Nobel? Giving him Bharat Ratna or making the atrocities more well known. Teaching them in schools, tell the international community how flawed his research is? Alas our spineless govt chose to give him a Bharat Ratna .

8. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

I doubt how many of you have even bothered to look at his research, leave aside the reason for award of the Nobel. Leaving aside the Rothschild connection, you cannot deny the prolific economist he has been for the last 50 years. Just look at his CV: http://scholar.harvard.edu/sen/files/cv-final.june2008.pdf

Although, there are some other Indians who deserve Nobel as much as him, but that does not mean it is the Rothschild connection which did the trick. First and foremost is his contribution to social choice theory.

I myself am no big fan of him, but that is because of his too much of a welfare approach in economics.

Peter likes this.