No words for what I saw today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Today, I was visiting a couple of my friends, now days it's becoming a rare occasion. While returning I saw an old man, typical lower middle class old man. What he said to me next didn't make me eat my dinner.

The poor old man said to me "Annen, kongam idly vangi thariya ?".

This translates into "(elder) Brother, would you so kind as to buy me some idli's ?"

I was on the phone and paid no attention to him at first. It took a second to grasp what he meant. I felt so phucked up. Although I kept on walking, I glanced back to look at him. He stood there, in the middle of the rain, looking with despair.

I didn't bring my purse, luckily for him I found a Rs.10 note in my pocket, I ran back to give it to him.

The look in his said almost said it all, he lost as though he won a lottery, he said he had no words to thank me. But I couldn't listen and started walking.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
While there may be genuine needy especially old or physically challenged, but these days begging has become a money spinning profession. Begging is an organized industry in major cities. Some beggars have real estate!!!

With me running a business i get tens of beggars everyday coming up with innovative reasons to ask for money. Marriage, operation, coffin etc. tere is this one guy who "pretends" to be dumb whereas he is not. Fellow has a three storey building in his village. The ones who know him told he is not dumb but pretending.

Very difficult these days to know who is genuine and who is a professional beggar.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I agree with Yusuf bhai. These days the real beggars earn more than the s/w professionals earn. The person whom you saw must have been a poor father left out or thrown out from the house by his children. These days this becoming a fashion to throw out the elders from houses. When I get a good job I will really arrange something for elderly people who are in need of food, shelter and clothing, b'cos old people cannot do hard-work and they need attention and love to end their life with happy moments(Die happily). "May GOD show mercy to the elderly people".

SPIEZ

Country flag
I felt sick because first to see such an old person begging, what the hell was his son doing ? Second I might provide at least the ten today, what about tomorrow or the days after ...?

SPIEZ

Country flag
God has come to test your heart,you will get result when u go up in his darbar
I rather He looks up at such issues right here, right now!

I guess I have failed than, the person on the phone actually told me to do it.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I didn't bring my purse, luckily for him I found a Rs.10 note in my pocket, I ran back to give it to him.

The look in his said almost said it all, he lost as though he won a lottery, he said he had no words to thank me. But I couldn't listen and started walking.
You did a good thing today, People don`t get such chance everyday..

Good to hear..

SPIEZ

Country flag
If India are to become a super power i think it's high time it starts looking inwards at it's own people first!

When the standard of living rises, that's the day India will become the next super power!

Pray I live to see that day.

SPIEZ

Country flag
You did a good thing today, People don`t get such chance everyday..

Good to hear..
Actually it was the person on the phone who asked me give it ! I was such an ego-maniac to not even listen to what he was asking :(

I don't even deserve the credit.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I once gave food to person instead of money that too from kfc because i had gone there to collect food myself. When i was walking up he came up and asked for food because he was hungry and spoke in english. I think he was from bengal or south and said that his son had kicked him out of the house and he worked in railways and had retired and even govt wasn't giving him pension. So i said to him to wait outside while i go and collect my food and buy for him also. He thanked me and went to a bench nearby and started eating.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I feel sick India is not even a 3rd world country, its a 4th world country!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually it was the person on the phone who asked me give it ! I was such an ego-maniac to not even listen to what he was asking :(
A story of mine, I was in Bhuvaneshwar railway station, I didn't had my breakfast or lunch lucky i found a place where i can eat pattice, I Spend 50rs for my food, suddenly a beggar ( With no legs ) and fata shirt came to the shopkeeper and he asked for some food if available, The shopkeeper shoo him away..

One can make out by eyes, he is hungry or not, I told the shopkeeper to give him a pack of Biscuits..

I was busy eating but when he got the food he looked at me and he was appreciated, His eyes were in joy..
As soon he left, My train came and i had to leave..

It was good thing i did, I didn't lose anything, But gain self respect, Though all beggars are not same, specially Kids in a group or Healthy beggar with good clothes..

Now think abt your self, Small things in life have big meanings and these are something no one teaches you, But yourself..

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Spiez, you have done nothing wrong, but now a days lot of people are trying to fool people like this, be careful.

Neil

Country flag
the best feeling of what u did is the way they eat...every single bite they take is worth the money u spend...i never give money...they might spend on daaru n stuff...buy vada pavs or biscuits and tea for them...

spiez bhai...nice work mate...n the person who told u to do so also...god bless...!!

Last edited:

Param

I don't even deserve the credit.
I am disappointed Spiez!:tsk:
If I had been on the phone I would have told you to give him your ATM card.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles