No takers for Pakistani Devdas

Blackwater

It's been two years since Pakistani producer and actor Nadeem Shah made his version of Devdas, starring Meera. However, the film is still lying in the cans after the Censor Board in Pakistan raised objections to certain scenes in the film and distributors refused to touch it thereafter.

According to the Karachi-based actor, the board asked him to axe some drinking scenes and other elements in the film that are against religious sentiments in Pakistan. Shah alleges that since he refused to carry out the changes, his film has failed to get released.

Says Shah, "I didn't make my film to promote or disgrace any culture. But if I remove those scenes, my film will be incomplete. It will damage my project. Distributors told me since the film is based on the Hindu culture they were not interested. Unfortunately, certain sections of the society in Pakistan have not evolved to become the right audience."

The producer feels that lack of enough screens in his country has also contributed to his film not finding distributors. Shah explains, "The audience loves watching Bollywood films and distributors are on the lookout for films that have a big star cast after paying comparatively smaller prices."

Right now Shah is in India to explore options to release his film in the country.

No takers for Pakistani Devdas | NDTV Movies.com

Blackwater

why pakis just and watch Indian movies and drama .why take panga of making their own:lol::lol::lol:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
May be too Soon to Laugh .

Love is pretty much the only non secular thing people know .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Devdas without daru :daru: !!? great Pakistan :rofl:

aragorn

daaru is against religious sentiments of pakistan??

so does this mean pakis dont drink?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles