No point in Modi apologising for Gujarat riots, says Madani

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

No point in Modi apologising for Gujarat riots, says Madani

[​IMG]

After drawing flak from many sections over refusal to wear a skull cap, BJP's PM candidate Narendra Modi finally has someone from the Muslim community who sided with him.

Muslim cleric Maulana Mehmood Madani said that Modi should not wear the cap for symbolic purposes as many politicians have been using the symbolic act to make a fool of Muslims.

"If you ask me to put a tilak , I won't agree, not at all. And that doesn't make me a bad person. I can be bad on accounts my action only. It has been our bad experience that symbolic acts have been done but real problems have not been solved. I don't find not wearing skullcap as bad. I say that those who wear the cap fool Muslims. I want to tell them with folded hands not to make a fool of us. He should not wear the skullcap. Nobody should. It is only a symbolic thing and I don't want symbolism. I want work,"
    Madani said at Aaj Tak 's Seedhi Baat programme.

Describing riots as national issues, Madani said that looking at loss from the prism of communities is unfortunate. "If he ( Modi) is guilty then he should be punished," he said. "What good is an apology? Loss of life in the riots and the shame it caused, was it only for Muslims? It was shame for all."

Madani said: "We have doubts on his abilities. If people make him the PM even after opposition then responsibility will be on him to treat everyone as equal. He would see everyone as equal and won't destroy the country on the basis of religion and caste," he said.

Madani maintained that people have an image of Modi not being secular. "There is a view about him that he is not secular. It may be wrong but that is the view and I also agree with the view. The identity attached to him is that of destruction. If he talks about development and succeeds in implementing then he will be worthy of praise. It is good that he is appearing secular and not saying a single communal word but that is the strength of this country. Khuda kare ki dil badal gaya ho. It will be a good thing," he said.

Madani said that the idea of India is strong and no matter who comes to power and who goes out, nobody can break India as majority of Indians are secular.

"Whether he becomes PM or not will be decided after elections but if attempts are being made to create a fear perception then it is not right. I don't agree that there is a fear perception. People may be trying to do so but this country is powerful and it has the strength of non-violence. It has brotherhood and large heartedness," he said.

Reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party leader Giriraj Singh's statement that critics of Modi should go to Pakistan, Madani said that Singh is best suited for Pakistan and Afghanistan. "He should be sent to Pakistan. India will not accept such leaders," he said.

Madani also made light of the comments by Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan and said that there can be a good side to it.

"There is a conspiracy under which Muslims are being disconnected with the land by enemies from inside and outside. There can be a good side to that comment. If anyone looks at our country with bad eyes Muslims will remove the eyes," he said

No point in Modi apologising for Gujarat riots, says Madani : India, News - India Today

What Madani has said makes sense.

Only a fool who is elected and makes it to be the PM will attempt to divide and destroy the Nation.

The people of India are no fools.

Even a good man like Manmohan who was made into a ventriloquist's doll and totally impotent by the Gandhis and the sycophants has been ridiculed even by his own men, like Dr Baru.

India has risen from the Rip Van Winkle state of deep sleep lulled by populism and populist slogans.

India now actually wants Roti, Kapda air Makan.

No more fooling the Nation will be tolerated.

R

Blood+ and maomao like this.
  3. Voldemort

Voldemort Senior Member Senior Member

Some mature and sensible words from a muslim cleric after a long time.

4. Ray

Muslims are equally fed up with all this fooling that they have been subjected to ever since Independence.

They also want a life that allows economic, social and literacy equality.

And no one wants to live on doles, since all have some self respect.

5. Voldemort

Voldemort Senior Member Senior Member

Really? what about the jama masjid cleric asking them 2 vote for Congress and goonda party TMC? Are they not delusional?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Dark Sorrow likes this.
  6. Ray

He was today talking on TV in very muted tones.

7. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

I dispute you on all three counts.

1. Had muslims been fed up this fooling, they would have hooted out those who threaten to cut Modi into pices or bury him alive in Bhagalpur, or the Jama masjid imam etc.

2. Had they wanted life of equality, they talk more of education, development etc, not hollow cry of secularism.

3. Doles. Don't they want doles? then why do they accept grant for haj? Who does not want doles? Muslim students get doles aka scholarship even there performance is ZERO.

8. Pratap

Pratap Tihar Jail Banned

Right but most of Modi supporters will not understand it. The fact of the matter is that it is higher birth rate and low education among Muslims which caused their bakwardness plus the fact that most of them are converts from castes which have equal number of poors in Hindu society not because of what BJP walahs tell us" secular parties fooling muslims". Secular parties have done everything to develop muslims and but for them, muslim performance would have been worse.
    Also, Hindus in general have little communal thinking( I mean thinking in terms of community as whole) and are materialist so they can not see how happy muslims are to see their dominance everywhere on all issues sans economic ones.

9. Ray

1. One swallow does not make a summer.

There are fools in all communities and religious groups. One could mention some from the majority community too!

so, let us not go by what one or two people have to say.

2. The Muslims are talking about education etc. Hollow secularism is the cry of those who think they speak for the Muslims, like the Jama Mazjid chap, encouraged by political parties for selfish gains.

3. Doles are not confined to the Muslims alone. What is MNERGA, subsidised cooking gas, bank loan waivers? Aren't they also doles? Is anyone, be the person of any religion, complaining about these?

10. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

1. There are too many swallows flying around polarising the muslims on religious basis. Victimhood has been propagated as an ideology for quite a long time, and it is continuing.

2.Sorry friend. When tards talk of cutting Modi to pieces or burying him alive, those supporting the skull caps are seen applauding them.

3. MNERGA etc you mentioned are doles, but not religiously targeted. I talk of religion based doles. Which are the schemes benefiting ONLY Hindus?

11. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

You mean that Modi supporters are some special, mdumbos?

On which parameters are muslims of UP [under your secular rule] are better off than of communal Gujarat? Why is that continuous "secular" rule, UP muslims need reservations, but those of Gujarat do not? Take an example. In Gujarat, there are more applicants for hat than the state quota, but in UP there are not enough number of applicants even? Reason is economic status of muslims in Gujarat is much better. Why is representation of muslims in Gujarat police and other services a wee bit more that their %age of populations, perhaps the only state in India?

12. Ray

13. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

Hahaha. As if a muslim cannot go there. There is no real subsidy.