No Pakistani jokes please, we are Indian Army.

Poseidon

Country flag
No Pakistani jokes please, we are Indian Army.
Kumud Das, TNN | Jan 25, 2012, 04.04AM IST

INDORE: Call it infiltration of the rib-tickling kind. The performances of two stand-up comedians in Mhow Cantonment Board were cancelled by alarmed Army officers after they learnt that they were from Pakistan. Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan, known as Pakistan's Laurel and Hardy, were denied permission to put up their show at the last minute, when the officers realized the kerfuffle it might create.

Malik and Hasan were scheduled to perform before a large civilian and Army crowd at Mhow (sometimes described as an acronym of 'Military Headquarters of War' because of the huge Army base there) on Monday. The event was linked to the inauguration of an open-air theatre with state industries minister Kailash Vijayvargiya as chief guest.

The 'Mhow somersault' will now probably end up as another gag in the repertoire of Pakistani comedians Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan.

They performed for Indian soldiers near Chandigarh but once the Army got to know of their "Pakistani origin" from military internal intelligence, their show at the Mhow Cantonment Board was a no-no.

It is another matter that the Pakistani duo are a hit on Indian television shows. "No one thought this could raise eyebrows since the two had entertained Indian soldiers at a place near Chandigarh just a couple of days before their Mhow programme," claimed a civilian functionary of the show's organizing team.

Kailash Pande, vice president of the Cantonment Board, said they had completed all the procedures to get Irfan and Hasan for the show. "Once we learnt the Pakistani artists were coming to India, we got in touch and they happily agreed to perform. They also got clearance from the ministry of external affairs. But at the eleventh hour, we were told they should not be allowed into the Army base," Pande said.

What followed was a rush to save face. The organizers finally managed to rope in a couple of Indian comedians to stand in for the Pakistani duo.

No Pakistani jokes please, we are Indian Army - The Times of India

Blackwater

Why the hell GOI give these begaret paki beggers Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan visa.These bastards when go back to their na-pak land, criticize India in their stand up comedy in their local paki channel. When they are run out of money they come back to India.

Y shiv sena and bajrang dal sitting quite,??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If it was being done in a civil area, was there some security problem that prevented the Pakistani jokemen from performing there?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^ You are funny (Sirji); or it was me who miss construed your statement as funny - while you were raising a pertinent question regarding a valid security threat. :)

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May be the army just felt that the pakis would crack up our men and send them rolling on the floor laughing and the pakis would roll their tanks into India.

Kidding. Well, I am sure the powers to be know best. Since its the Pakis in question even if they are entertainers, I will not disagree with the decision. Paki entertainers come here, earn money and then say crappy things about India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
May be the army just felt that the pakis would crack up our men and send them rolling on the floor laughing and the pakis would roll their tanks into India.

Kidding. Well, I am sure the powers to be know best. Since its the Pakis in question even if they are entertainers, I will not disagree with the decision. Paki entertainers come here, earn money and then say crappy things about India.
Mhow has a mixed population.

Who the Pakistani jokemen crack something lousy in a military town?

They would be under the impression that the IA is as quixotic as their Pakistan Army.

Just see how their own Govt and the Judiciary are under the thumb of the Pak Army.

agentperry

hey its not fair. they refueled our chopper we can atleast allow their stand up comedians to perform

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
No Pakistani jokes please, we are Indian Army

INDORE: Call it infiltration of the rib-tickling kind. The performances of two stand-up comedians in Mhow Cantonment Board were cancelled by alarmed Army officers after they learnt that they were from Pakistan. Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan, known as Pakistan's Laurel and Hardy, were denied permission to put up their show at the last minute, when the officers realized the kerfuffle it might create.

Malik and Hasan were scheduled to perform before a large civilian and Army crowd at Mhow (sometimes described as an acronym of 'Military Headquarters of War' because of the huge Army base there) on Monday. The event was linked to the inauguration of an open-air theatre with state industries minister Kailash Vijayvargiya as chief guest.

The 'Mhow somersault' will now probably end up as another gag in the repertoire of Pakistani comedians Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan.

They performed for Indian soldiers near Chandigarh but once the Army got to know of their "Pakistani origin" from military internal intelligence, their show at the Mhow Cantonment Board was a no-no.

It is another matter that the Pakistani duo are a hit on Indian television shows. "No one thought this could raise eyebrows since the two had entertained Indian soldiers at a place near Chandigarh just a couple of days before their Mhow programme," claimed a civilian functionary of the show's organizing team.

Kailash Pande, vice president of the Cantonment Board, said they had completed all the procedures to get Irfan and Hasan for the show. "Once we learnt the Pakistani artists were coming to India, we got in touch and they happily agreed to perform. They also got clearance from the ministry of external affairs. But at the eleventh hour, we were told they should not be allowed into the Army base," Pande said.

What followed was a rush to save face. The organizers finally managed to rope in a couple of Indian comedians to stand in for the Pakistani duo.

No Pakistani jokes please, we are Indian Army - Times Of India

pmaitra

Why the hell GOI give these begaret paki beggers Irfan Malik and Ali Hasan visa.These bastards when go back to their na-pak land, criticize India in their stand up comedy in their local paki channel. When they are run out of money they come back to India.

Y shiv sena and bajrang dal sitting quite,??
You are kidding right?

I see you are advocating, 'use a thorn to uproot another thorn' ideology. I wouldn't use Shiv Sena to further my fight. If it is my fight, I'd fight it on my own. When you use proxies, you end up with something like the 9/11.

It is good the army showed these buggers the door.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles