No one is a minority in India, says RSS

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Srinivas_K, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

No one is a minority in India, says RSS

LUCKNOW: Rashtriya Swayemsewak Sangh (RSS) doesn't treat any community on the basis of religion-based population as minority, and according to it all those living in India are culturally Hindus.

''Sangh has never separated people on the religious lines as for them all are culturally Hindus'', said All India Publicity incharge of RSS Manmohan Vaidhya.

'' Main office bearers of RSS 41 prants under 11 zones would be participating in the three day RSS national executive meet that would begin from Friday'', Vaidhya said. Besides, top officials - primarily presidents and organization secretaries of Sangh's 33 offshoots, including organizations like BJP, VHP, Swadeshi Jagran Manch etc would also take part in the three day meet.

National BJP chief Amit Shah arrived late in the evening in Lucknow to attend the RSS meet on Friday. Shah is likely to hold a meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat detailing about the party's performance in the just concluded Maharashtra and Haryana assembly election.

Coming back to the issue of membership, Vaidhya said that Muslims had been joining RSS for a very long time and they still continue to do so. Interestingly, to a question on their numbers in RSS, Vaidhya said that since Sangh doesn't separate members on the basis of caste, creed and religion it is not possible to tell the exact number.

Elaborating on the agenda for the three day meet, Vaidhya said that all the relevant general topics would come up for discussion. The three day meet will also take up issues of increasing youth membership and discussion on big works being done in colleges and among the students and cow conservation etc. The three day meeting will mainly be reporting by the major prants (regions) in their experiences and the agenda for the year ahead, Vaidhya said.

Vaidhya however denied the issue of "Love Jihad" coming for discussion during the three day meeting. The issue was raked up by the BJP during its state working committee and later on during by-election. However, it had failed to give the BJP the desired result as the party failed to retain 8 out of 11 assembly seats that saw by-polls in UP in the last month.

RSS volunteers

The three day deliberation at Saraswati Kunj would focus on the increasing interests in youths to join RSS, Vaidhya said and added that for the last three years RSS has seen people's increasing interest in joining the Sangh. While last year, prathmik shiksha varq (initial training category) saw 80,000 members joining the camp last year while it is expected to be around 1.20 lakh this year, an increase of 50%, Vaidhya said and added similarly people have started joining through social media also.

The Join RSS online programme had on an average 1000 per month membership in 2012, 2500 per month in 2013 and this year it is expected to be on an average 7,500 members per month.

Along with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, who is camping in Lucknow since October 12, hordes of senior RSS functionary would be present in the three day meeting. In total, 390 participants are expected to attend the meeting beginning from Friday at 8am.

No one is a minority in India, says RSS - The Times of India

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
  3. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

What rubbish fascist RSS is talking

Is cute,innocent,Piecfull 200 mn Muslims are not Minority, then who are Minority
    :taunt:

4. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Read the article completely :cool2:

5. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

In a DEMOCRACY NO ONE IS A MINORITY, if there are minorities then it is not a DEMOCRACY.....

SajeevJino likes this.
  6. sesha_maruthi27

DEMOCRACY means equal rights to EVERYONE. So there are no MINORITIES in a DEMOCRACY.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  7. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

abhi_the _gr8_maratha Senior Member Senior Member

equal right is much of political factor while minority indicates social factor. So there are minority in democracy. Actually MINORITIES ARE ONLY IN DEMOCRACY cause in other form of states minorities are surpassed or have to listen what the govt says.

Ashutosh Lokhande likes this.
  8. sesha_maruthi27

When a particular community which are less in numbers is treated equally as the way in which a community which has more numbers and there is no difference between them, it is DEMOCRACY. Giving more privileges and creating reservations to the community having less numbers in all Government Institutions is not DEMOCRACY.

9. sesha_maruthi27

Giving reservations for minorities is a political factor and not a social factor my friend. You got caught in your own hole. Then as you say minority is a social factor, reservations must be cancelled.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  10. sesha_maruthi27

DEMOCRACY MEANS EQUAL RIGHT TO EVERYONE whether one is a minority or majority. Yes, the social factor of minority is a matter of grave concern. The majority have to make way for the minorities and make them feel comfortable. But giving reservations to the minorities is not DEMOCRACY. Any person either from minority or majority must be selected purely by merit for any Government jobs.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  11. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

giving reservation was always and will always be a social factor.
    75% of sc lives in huts and st are are tribes who mainly used to live in forests 50 years ago. And NT were not even settled they mere nomadic.
    reservation is for those who were not in flow of society. While brahmin got education since ancient age this classes are getting it since last 60 years.

12. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

A great line by aristotle :- EQUALITY SHOULD BE AMONG EQUALS
    and you brahmin, where was the democracy when you were discriminating rest of society? You discriminated those based and when you are well settled and they are struggling , you want equality.

13. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Depends on where you're giving reservation.
    I believe reservation should either be scrapped or maintained purely on economic basis. India is not a colony of feudal Kingdoms anymore.
    The SCs, STs living in huts will get the benefit of reservation and those who've been exploiting it (whom the courts call 'creamy layer') will in this way be rightly shunted out.
    Reservation also hits the impetus and motivation in a person to compete.
    Instead of booking a seat for someone in college, job and turn them into mediocre bums; rather there should be Govt. assistance in form of free books for all sorts of courses, entrance exams etc.
    Then if one has caliber they'll gradually perform in school and college and won't need reservation to fetch a job for themselves.

Presently the caste/creed based reservation serves the politicians more in dividing the society, than the society itself in bringing all sectiona together. Reservation is being counter productive in that sense.

Regards,
    Virendra

TrueSpirit1 and sesha_maruthi27 like this.
  14. sesha_maruthi27

Shut you idiot. Never say you brahmin. I never discriminate anyone. What the hell do you know about me. This shows how ill educated you are. Don't use caste. Be careful when you talk with me. Have proper knowledge and talk. I never see any difference in anyone or anything. You have no proper knowledge. Never again do a personal attack, for which you shall pay a very high price. I ABIDE BY DHARMA AND SEE ALL LIVING BEINGS AS ONE. I EVEN DON'T DISCRIMINATE ANIMALS. YOU FIRST KNOW ABOUT ME AND TALK.

I AM NOT WELL SETTLED. YOU BLOODY !@!@!@^&*#&, I AM SEARCHING FOR JOB. MY FATHER IS AN EXSERVICEMAN and we live with the pension which he gets. I have no assets to sit and eat. You are going to face grave difficulty as you have hurt me very badly. GOD SHALL NOT SHOW MERCY TO YOU. Be ready to face the punishment. I am 28 years old and i am very badly searching for a job. I have completed my masters and still i don't get a job. You idiot what do you know about my suffering. Shut everything. I am sure you are going to be punished severly. You say that i am enjoying? What do you know about the difficulties i am facing you fit for nothing useless idiot.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  15. sesha_maruthi27

You say that you are a MARATHA? Shameless goon......

Do you know what it is to be a MARATHA?

16. sesha_maruthi27

The caste discrimination was done by the BRITISH to divide us. I accept that BRAHMINS in the past have done wrong. But I never did that. Days have changed and it is not like old days. Do you know how badly i was insulted by other castes? Do you know how they kicked my ass? My father was made to resign from his job in S.B.I. due to the pressure he had from other caste people who were jealous of my father's honesty. They were looting the bank and my father complained and saw that they were punished. For that my father was transferred and after that he had to resign. You talk about caste and discrimination. Never bluff without knowing about others.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  17. sesha_maruthi27

This member must be banned. He has no proper knowledge and has clearly committed a personal attack upon me by bringing caste into the comments. I AM A PROUD BRAHMIN. I NEVER DISCRIMINATE ANYONE. I ABIDE BY WHAT VEDAS HAVE SAID. IF SOME BRAHMINS HAVE DISTORTED THE FACT IN VEDAS IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT EVERYONE ARE ALIKE.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  18. sesha_maruthi27

If i am wrong I READY TO BEHEAD MYSELF AT ANY GIVEN TIME. I AM DAM SERIOUS.:mad:

19. sesha_maruthi27

I never talked about caste based reservations. My post in which i talked about reservations was based on the minority reservation provided by GoI based on RELIGIONS.

This is clearly to divide the people. This was my point.

20. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Here is a stupid guy who say he doesn't use caste and then he is totally ignorant about indian society being based on caste system.
    @sesha_maruthi27 maratha means marathi speaking class . THIS SHOW YOUR ILL MIND THAT YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN CAUSE. Since medieval age maratha is used as word indicating marathi speaking population then in 1912 it was used for patil, deshmukh caste people.
    @Virendra I don't find it dividing
    reservation is for social backwardness. Actually reservation means " to cure social backwardness via economic ways.
    and for poors there is a separate class OBC.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  21. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

I didn't said you discriminated I said it referring RSS.