No need to wait for Aakash, another low cost tablet is here

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
The new tablet, named Attitude Daksha, has been launched in Kerala by Telmoco Development for Rs 5,399.

While Aakash tablet is still in trouble, the industry is churning out newer low cost tablets almost everyday. This time around, a Kerala based company, called Telmoco Development Labs, has launched a new tablet for just Rs 5,399.
Though the price of the tablet is much higher than Aakash tablet, its specification is much better than that of the government backed product. The tablet, named Attitude Daksha, is infact the cheapest Android 4.0 (ICS) product in the country currently.
The 7-inch Daksha features a capacitive 5 point touch screen with a 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor with 512 MB DDR3 RAM. It has a HDMI port, micro SD slot, 3.5 mm audio out, micro USB port and OTG connector for 3G dongle and RJ 45 cable (for connecting wired broadband connection).

Daksha is capable of streaming 1080p full HD videos and has dedicated 400 MHz GPU for advanced flash apps, interactive apps and full HD videos. Daksha is powered by 3,800 mAh li-Pol battery which gives a back up of over six hours with WiFi on, Telmoco said in a statement.
While other specification of the tablet is very similar to that of recently launched Micromax Funbook, but in terms of battery, it is better since it has a much bigger battery compared to 2800 mAH on Funbook. Though Daksha is cheaper by more than Rs 1000, Micromax tablet comes with a Photon plus dongle and 1 GB data free which is worth more than Rs 1,000. Other rivals to this tablet include HCL Metab U1 and iBerry's tablets.
"Even though the Indian media tablets market witnessed high decibel launches by the world's leading vendors, the tablet PC market in India is a niche market that is quickly picking up the pace in terms of adoption," said CR Nijesh, chairman and executive director, Telmoco while launching the tablet.
Telmoco Development labs is a company involved in electronics research and mobile technologies.
The tablet will initially be shipped to schools, professional institutions, and corporate houses and will be available to the public from May 15 this year.

No need to wait for Aakash, another low cost tablet is here

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
what about the new micro max tab...that retails around 7k. You sure must be envious of us indians enjoying low cost tabs.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am interested in this Daksha. Any user reviews?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If any of you guys get one, let me know how it goes.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If any of you guys get one, let me know how it goes.
When you import it there, the cost will go up significantly wont it? So why buy this one when you can buy something better in your own country for the same price?:noidea:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I have the transformer prime...got it for free.

cant get cheaper than that :pound:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
When you import it there, the cost will go up significantly wont it? So why buy this one when you can buy something better in your own country for the same price?:noidea:
they dont have import duty of 110% like ours. so it would still be peanuts.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is a third the price of an Archos, cost of shipping isn't much. There is no import duty on electronics.

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
These tablets are really helpful to explore the internet and search different things.In mobile it is somehow difficult because of its small size.And now all companies are launching new Tablets which is a good news for techies.This tablet is of 6000 and AAkash is of 3000.But I will prefer a brand's Tablet.Like I don't want that after some time I feel that I had invested in a wrong thing.cbse biology syllabus

SLASH

As i predicted Aakash was bound to fail. The price is not the thing that concerns me, it is the quality that matter. Better quality means lower cost on after sales service. That in turn justifies the lower cost.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles