No interview for non-gazetted govt jobs from 1st Jan-2016

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
From January 1 next year (2016), there will be no requirement of interview for Group D,C and B non-gazetted posts in central government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Sunday as part of efforts to put an end to the menace of corruption in jobs.

In his monthly radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’, he recalled that he had suggested in his Independence Day address that the practice of holding interviews for recruitment at lower levels in governments could be done away with.

“The government has completed the entire process to do away with interviews for lower rank jobs. There will be no requirement of interview for Group D,C and B non-gazatted posts in central government. It will come into effect from January 1, 2016,” Modi said.

The Central Government is making plans for its implementation. Some of these posts are filled directly by various Government Departments and most are filled through Staff Selection Commission (SSC) and a few by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It will be interesting to know how government will implement it when details will come out.

http://www.sarkarinaukriblog.com/2015/10/no-interview-for-non-gazetted-govt-jobs.html

Please DIscuss!

@asingh10 @maomao @OneGrimPilgrim @saty @rock127 @Mad Indian
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @alphacentury @roma @Screambowl @punjab47
@Rowdy @flamboyant @Dreamhunter @Blackwater @VIP @prasadr14 @anoop_mig25
@I_PLAY_BAD @Kharavela @AnantS @Detective Pennington @vayuu1 @Kshatriya87
@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @ @Bangalorean @Blackwater @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @Rashna @kafir kaur
@Razor @raja696 @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @mikhail @Vishwarupa @Varahamihira

Edit: Can't say which sub-forum it deserves ? Mods please check ! :)

Alien

If there will be no interviews, how are they going to offer jobs to the aspiring candidates?

A. First come first serve basis?
B. Jobs will be offered to the relatives of hiring manager?
C. On purely merit basis?
D. Based on caste, religion, reservation & quota system?
E. Lottery system?

Rashna

Country flag
No interviews mean jobs will be "given" away without knowing if the employee is physically or verbally challenged? Yeh mann ki baat samajh nahi aayi kuch.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
If there will be no interviews, how are they going to offer jobs to the aspiring candidates?

A. First come first serve basis?
B. Jobs will be offered to the relatives of hiring manager?
C. On purely merit basis?
D. Based on caste, religion, reservation & quota system?
E. Lottery system?
D & E I think otherwise corruption would not go away.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I do not know how to feel about this. If not interviews, how will you know the guy can do that job? Is there some other provision for that?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Stupid decision. An interview is must for certain jobs, particularly Gr.B NG posts where officers are required to not only communicate with people but also report for reference of higher officers for decision making process.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Stupid decision. An interview is must for certain jobs, particularly Gr.B NG posts where officers are required to not only communicate with people but also report for reference of higher officers for decision making process.
You can put the guy on probation for 6 months or a year and then fire. Most of these jobs are not rocket science.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I can not understand this move.

One can not imagine getting a job in western countries without interview.

Are we putting trust back in our society that was gradually pulled out because there were bad and intentional mistakes made to deny deserving people jobs ?

What we are seeing here is a reaction without addressing the real reason that made this process so loaded with plugs, checks and balances that it literally became dysfunctional.

The problem still exist today, i.e. dishonesty.It caused the previous failures to occur in the first place; now our policy makers wants to fix.

Fix a problem, then the fix becomes a problem, then find another fix to fix the fix that became problem.

Last edited:

Alien

D & E I think otherwise corruption would not go away.
Well, caste and reservation system has already ruined the public services, if they continue with this only approach, the entire selection system will go to the drains.

Lottery - there's always a chance for corruption! (Who will guard the guardians?)

C. On purely merit basis? - this should be the only criteria while selcting the candidates for the jobs, IMO.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Well, caste and reservation system has already ruined the public services, if they continue with this only approach, the entire selection system will go to the drains.

Lottery - there's always a chance for corruption! (Who will guard the guardians?)

C. On purely merit basis? - this should be the only criteria while selcting the candidates for the jobs, IMO.
Merit was used earlier and it was a mess. A single position will bring in lakhs of applications.

Lottery can be done on computer and can be tracked in real time. It will just need some transparency and is not something new.

Alien

Merit was used earlier and it was a mess. A single position will bring in lakhs of applications.
That's true.

Lottery can be done on computer and can be tracked in real time. It will just need some transparency and is not something new.
I agree. looks like govt will go with options D & E as you have predicted earlier!

Lottery system based on caste and reservation.

e.g.

1. Lottery System specifically for Reserved candidates (SC/ST/OBC etc...)
2. Lottery System specifically for Genral merit candidates

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Thought @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Mad Indian would be happy, as interview was 'casteist'

I agreed many months ago, that beauracracy should be small & efficient then doesn't matter if it's all Bramins.

In Punjab it's basically just look at caste during marriage time, otherwise don't care.

Certain cases it's relevant ie officer of Rajput regiment should be Rajput, but that's exception.

I guess massive British beauracracy politicized everything, which is why we have these issues which did not exist before 1857.

We'll develop as & remain India, which will not be some single ethnicity Euro nation state.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
now some people here will say..

Brahmins and Kashtriyas won't be able to recruit only from UC.

Shikha Rathi

This is a good decision taken by Government not to conduct interview for B, C and D kind of job. They people can conduct a written test and can make a final list based upon there performance in written test and their merit list. Reservation should not be there but I don't think this is possible for them to avoid so definitely reservation will be there but at least by not performing interview bribe can be prohibited.

Because when interview is not there panel can't give excuses like candidate performed well in written test and good in merit list but couldn't perform good in interview.

One drawback for not conducting the interviews will be that in this case it will be difficult to assess the personality of candidates.

So in this case they can plan for some behavioural assessment tests like Thomas PPA.. Jombway... Because this aspect is also important.

Shikha Rathi

now some people here will say..

Brahmins and Kashtriyas won't be able to recruit only from UC.
Like Brahmins, Kashtriyas and all General categories are facing problem in recruitment and basically in government jobs... This is a big issue... Can be discussed separately... Not linked with this not conducting interview system.

Shikha Rathi

Like Brahmins, Kashtriyas and all General categories are facing problem in recruitment and basically in government jobs... This is a big issue... Can be discussed separately... Not linked with this not conducting interview system.
I do not know how to feel about this. If not interviews, how will you know the guy can do that job? Is there some other provision for that?
Definitely written test is a provision.. With behavioural test.

Shikha Rathi

@Samar Rathi @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Lottery is not justified because this will be injustice to efficient candidates.

Merit list combined with strict written test followed by a behavioural test is a good option I think.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles