No girl for over 3 lakh boys in Haryana

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Someoneforyou, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Someoneforyou

Someoneforyou Regular Member

India - 10 april 2011

CHANDIGARH: The growing army of bachelors in Haryana is bound to increase further as there are no girls for over three lakh boys in the age group of 0-6 years. According to provisional figures of Census 2011, there are less than 14.96 lakh girls for over 18.02 lakh boys in this age group.

While there are already enough indications of marriage becoming a difficult prospect for men without a job or landholding, the latest figures suggest that situation is not going to get any better.

Bhiwani Red Cross Society secretary Shyam Sunder, who has been working towards gender sensitization for long, said, "Unable to find a match here, bachelors try to bring girls from other parts of the country. However, the gang of 'loot-and-scoot brides' has made them really anxious as in some cases, they have reportedly lost their 'wives' despite paying huge money."

Social activists are more concerned about the fact that most of these bachelors are without jobs and landholdings. In the absence of their having any responsibilities, they are bound to create problems in society, said an activist.

"Besides creating problems for girls, such youths could even try to break the sanctity of relationships," he pointed out. Stating that vocational training may prove helpful to these youths, he added, "We recently identified 2,000 bachelors in Bhiwani district and trained them to become plumbers and electricians. Not only this, we have decided to involve these youths in 'save the girl child' campaign too."

Admitting that marriages have become a major problem, top khap leader 'Dada' Baljit Singh Malik has revealed how inflation is having an adverse impact in rural areas. "Due to high rate of inflation, a large number of parents prefer to have only one child. And if they have a boy, they avoid having more children. But if they a girl in the family, then couple opts for sex determination," he added.

Source: The Times of India

3. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

This is the ideal time for Haryana to ask Gay right! :D

Singh likes this.
  4. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

When society is into female infanticide this is what happens particularly in Punjab and Haryana.....I don't know how many of you know that people in Haryana and Punjab get brides from Bihar and South India these days, as they are unable to find any!

5. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Ladies will have more power they'll just choose the best guys (those with money,best jobs etc)

6. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I hope this knocks some sense into people all over the nation who go for gender selective abortions. Fond hopes!

7. sandeepdg

sandeepdg Senior Member Senior Member

This is what to a society caught in a time warp, aloof from the importance of women in a modern world. Now they are paying the price for their actions. And this is the case in big towns and cities as well, not just the villages. I have spent a considerable part of my life in Haryana, seen this first hand.

8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

In time these idiots will be paying dowry to girls side to get a bride because otherwise the son will only have male options.

Talk about shooting oneself on the foot.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  9. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

There could have been at least couple hundred girls if honor killings were avoided.

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

This imbalance will lead to serious social problems and so will Law and Order issues raise its ugly head.

11. Ray

That is if they have not been violated by the frustrated!

12. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Already started, cases of rape, molestation and eve-teasing have touched the roof in North. But then we must try to find a solution, let us not start cursing. Why are girls considered to be burden? How can we change the situation?

13. Ray

I presume it is because the orthodox and the illiterate feel that dowry has to be paid.

14. The Messiah

I think severe penalty should be enforced for demanding dowry. Atleast a decade in jail then people will shy away from it.

Few social things disgust me more than dowry.

15. Ray

Do you know how dowry is demanded?

Nothing direct.

"We want nothing as dowry. But if you wish you could give anything to your daughter to make her house as comfortable as she is used to in your house" or words to that effect.

16. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

I think in the future there is great opportunity for Bangladeshi exports to India.

17. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Its more complicated, because of the lack of social security, family becomes the main safety net and sons are considered to be assets while daughters are considered to be liability. One can legally sue his/her son for maintenance, while a daughter is supposed to leave her parents' nest and become a part of her husband's family. This starts with a girl taking her husband's surname. Nobody wants to bear a liability.

18. The Messiah

That is not good idea.

Id rather have chinese girls....but then china will claim whole of India. :pound:

19. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

What's so special about Chinese girls? I'm curious.

20. The Messiah

I just like them.............. :D

21. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Marry pakistani woman.They are sexy , bhari bhari. make them Indian