No automatic visa for Modi as PM, US says

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
USA not Canada or UK.
😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Punjabis always have trouble assimilating in Canada. Tbh Dogras are very good at assimilating compared to you. Punjabis are conservative and don't get along with white people. Most Dogras I know (family and non-family) are much more modern than you guys.

skumar7777

Modi is not going to ask for a visa.

How many months before the US Ambassador to India personally hands over invite from Obama?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As I recall, the US put the visa ban in place without any provocation from the Indian side. If it was fabricated, it was fabricated by the US itself.
I have answered this before, so I will post just one more link on the subject:

NRI bodies tell US to deny Narendra Modi visa - IBNLive

The same groups, I suspect, brought their grievance to the USCIRF.

More for your reading pleasure.

We would call Katrina Lantos Swett a Nosy Parker.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...rina-lantos-swett/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Be that as it may, Mr. Modi probably has many items on his agenda before a visit to the United States.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It really does not matter.

If the mountain will not come to Mahomet, Mahomet will go to the mountain.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Some of the US administration's Officers should go back to management school.

As in the Devyani case, their wonderful awkward State Department seems to be insisting on botching relations with India . Hmmmm doesn't values our relationship eh ?

On the one hand they say no ( automatic ) visa just because Modi is ( to be) PM - on the other hand their highest office has invited PM Modi :-
US President Barack Obama phones Narendra Modi, invites him to US - The Times of India

Verbatim quote first few lines:
WASHINGTON: President Obama on Friday telephoned Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi and invited him to visit Washington at a mutually agreeable time to further strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries.

The White House said the President called Modi to congratulate him on the Bharatiya Janata Party's success in India's historic election.
( end of quote )

So what kind of double-speak game are they playing ? When they do (defence) deals in the future,
will there also be some element of this double-playing games ? Who's in charge, if anyone ?

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Some of the US administration's Officers should go back to management school.

As in the Devyani case, their wonderful awkward State Department seems to be insisting on botching relations with India . Hmmmm doesn't values our relationship eh ?

On the one hand they say no ( automatic ) visa just because Modi is ( to be) PM - on the other hand their highest office has invited PM Modi :-
US President Barack Obama phones Narendra Modi, invites him to US - The Times of India

Verbatim quote first few lines:
WASHINGTON: President Obama on Friday telephoned Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi and invited him to visit Washington at a mutually agreeable time to further strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries.

The White House said the President called Modi to congratulate him on the Bharatiya Janata Party's success in India's historic election.
( end of quote )

So what kind of double-speak game are they playing ? When they do (defence) deals in the future,
will there also be some element of this double-playing games ? Who's in charge, if anyone ?
There are endless examples that the Obama administration is hopelessly incompetent.

The Obama Presidency Descends Into Farce « Commentary Magazine

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This issue has been invented by traitor Indian MP's who were writing to USA against Modi and congress-I subservient media who wanted to prove that Modi is not acceptable to anyone even foreign countries. White House has been rather careful to talk about it since Modi has been selected as PM candidate.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
This issue has been invented by traitor Indian MP's who were writing to USA against Modi and congress-I subservient media who wanted to prove that Modi is not acceptable to anyone even foreign countries. White House has been rather careful to talk about it since Modi has been selected as PM candidate.
Also thread title is a little misleading, as the question was asked by a reporter of a DoS employee who probably was not prepared to answer. In fact, his answer meant nothing and did not reflect what "US says."

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Also thread title is a little misleading, as the question was asked by a reporter of a DoS employee who probably was not prepared to answer. In fact, his answer meant nothing and did not reflect what "US says."
Yes, as I said earlier, the title is misleading. The DoS employee gave a very politically correct response.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles