Nirbhay Cruise Missile Pictures

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Each launcher will have three missiles. Why 3 and not four? Weight capacity of the truck leading to that?

arkem8

Country flag
Each launcher will have three missiles. Why 3 and not four? Weight capacity of the truck leading to that?
Loading and logistics, looking at the heft of those birds the truck might not be as mobile with 4 shots per truck--each Nirbhay weighs ~3tons(?)
Two important observations:-

1. The squarish canister has large vents at the bottom--hot launch--simpler and fewer things to go wrong.

2. I just noticed the aft-stabilizers/fins dont fold like the Russian Klub missile the Nirbhay seems to be based on. This in my opinion is a much simplified but safer solution to canister launching the missile.

In my opinion the air and sub launched variants will have folding fins, but this variant(the mainstay-numerically) will not....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Nirbhaya turned Nirdaya for DRDO....

All the best for second test..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Best part is that our guys are working in regular cloths and they are not doing all the things on shoe string budget, plus all the media and foreign maal lovers after them.

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Decklander

The fact that it took off properly and its turnojet also fired properly that its wings got deployed properly and that it flew halfway to the target shows that there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Most likely there was some failure of onboard electronics or FCS which caused it to deviate. I am pretty sure that these will be sorted out pretty quickly.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

these pics shows that nirbay was made to self destruct, debri was found later on.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
this one looks cool

Wait the missile shown on documentary neither had a red head nor had any IAF markings on it, either the documentary is historic or it is not that missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles