Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

Chinmoy

Country flag
No, it will depends on the demand. If it is required to be operational under certain extent of bad weathers, such as rain, snow, wind, then you have to carry some tests under such kind of weather conditions. That is why generally, any new missile can only be declared a success after 10-15 tests. But for the beginning, the whole system must pass the test in ideal condition first.
I am talking about development flights. Not user flights. All developments flights would be carried out in controlled environment along with introductory flights. Only during user trial it would go through flights trials under uncontrolled environment. Demands would come from user and trials of that would happen accordingly.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
September now - No news for last two months
I heard rumours some time back about internal issues with teams. No one wanted to take any responsibility of last failure. There was an internal review and plan was to identify the exact issue and test it agin. That was suppose to happen sometimes back. But it seems now that they failed to identify exact issue or maybe there is lack of confidence. Either ways expect more delays until program reaches certain stage of maturity.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I heard rumours some time back about internal issues with teams. No one wanted to take any responsibility of last failure. There was an internal review and plan was to identify the exact issue and test it agin. That was suppose to happen sometimes back. But it seems now that they failed to identify exact issue or maybe there is lack of confidence. Either ways expect more delays until program reaches certain stage of maturity.
or something sinister is going on...................

we need to fully support this programme.................. come what may............its too important, we dont want foreign systems.............:india:

mayfair

we need to fully support this programme.................. come what may............its too important, we dont want foreign systems.............:india:
Even with MTCR membership, I don't think we'll get access to systems of such nature or magnitude.

If there's a lobby at work, it's more likely aimed at scuttling our efforts to gain such capabilities.

But, general incompetence cannot and should not be ruled out.

Rahul Singh

Country flag

It won't happen......This missile is too important to fail. MoD might change the name of the program and the program might itself evolve into something greater like NAG. But to think that the concept of having family of indigenous CMs can be forsaken is unrealistic.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Even with MTCR membership, I don't think we'll get access to systems of such nature or magnitude.

If there's a lobby at work, it's more likely aimed at scuttling our efforts to gain such capabilities.

But, general incompetence cannot and should not be ruled out.
You are getting it all wrong, idea is to sell India, Russian system which was test fired in Syria.
Strange things started happening; even before the test media knew it was goin to fail. It was twice.
Now they could not find fault. This is worse then Arjun. This time it was made to fail. Responsibility lies to the top. We are watching you guys. Good guys putting fight in their own way.

Just say no to import in this category. Come what may.

Reactions: Kay

NeXoft007

Country flag
I have lost my phone. Please log me out and change my password. Some one tag YusufDFI please. I will remind u at Twitter when I get my new SIM. But now it's urgent. Log me out and change my password

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles