Nine killed as communal clash erupts in Bharatpur

Galaxy

Country flag
Nine killed as communal clash erupts in Bharatpur

JAIPUR: At least nine people were killed on Wednesday when a simmering dispute over land flared into a gunbattle between members of two communities in Bharatpur, the Rajasthan resort town about 180km southwest of Delhi.

The local Congress MLA from Kaman constituency, Zahida Khan, attributed most of the fatalities to police firing. Witnesses said at least eight shops were set on fire.

More on ..Nine killed as communal clash erupts in Bharatpur - The Times of India

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
These Muslims are Rajput Muslims whose ancestors were Rajput Hindus and few other Hindu caste.. They should return back to their ancestral religion.
Meo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and before any organized religion man worshiped archaic things. so should we all return to that also ?

point that should be made is to throw religion down the gutter not to jump onto another religion because ultimately all religions are a piece of nonsense.

pmaitra

If I understand correctly, this trouble started with real estate (pastoral land) and has little to do with religion.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Why should they ?

PS : Meonis follow a mix of Islam and Hinduism.
This is a little strange. Converted and yet not?
Islam doesn't have castes. You're either a Hindu+Rajput (etc.) or a Muslim. Can't board two boats at the same time.

Regards,
Virendra

Rahul Singh

Country flag
and before any organized religion man worshiped archaic things. so should we all return to that also ?

point that should be made is to throw religion down the gutter not to jump onto another religion because ultimately all religions are a piece of nonsense.
Sanatan Dharma which is popularly known as Hinduism nowadays is not an organized religion rather a mix of similar and it even today have retained much of archaic religious practices in one form the other.

Not all but some which have refused to change/evolve and has pushed and still pushing world to gutter and foremost bringing bad name to word Religion.

KS

Bye bye DFI

you do not know when hinduism started and what was there before that.And whoever said Hinduism is an organized religion ?

BTW who started the issue. I suppose the Gujjars ;)

pmaitra

Sanatan Dharma which is popularly known as Hinduism nowadays is not an organized religion rather a mix of similar and it even today have retained much of archaic religious practices in one form the other.

Not all but some which have refused to change/evolve and has pushed and still pushing world to gutter and foremost bringing bad name to word Religion.
you do not know when hinduism started and what was there before that.And whoever said Hinduism is an organized religion ?

BTW who started the issue. I suppose the Gujjars ;)
Since Manu, Hindusim is an organised religion. Just for your kind information, gentlemen.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Since Manu, Hindusim is an organised religion. Just for your kind information, gentlemen.
Most Hindus in South India dont know who the fcuk was Manu !!

Blackwater

land or property disputes creates differences in two real brothers in one family ,two different religion is far away things.

pmaitra

Most Hindus in South India dont know who the fcuk was Manu !!
Speak for yourself. You don't represent South India. I have lived in South India and with South Indian room mates for more than 2.5 years. Probabilistically speaking, and prima facie, you don't know much about the knowledge of South Indians. They know a lot more than what you think. Your ignorance (w.r.t. Manu) applies to you and you only, not all South Indians.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Speak for yourself. You don't represent South India. I have lived in South India and with South Indian room mates for more than 2.5 years. Probabilistically speaking, and prima facie, you don't know much about the knowledge of South Indians. They know a lot more than what you think. Your ignorance (w.r.t. Manu) applies to you and you only, not all South Indians.
Arey baba where is 2.5 years you spent as an outsider and the 25 years I ve spent as a native..?

I have observed many times that you get unnecessarily judgemental...Don't assume you know everything about me as you have done for the second time in 3 days.

pmaitra

Arey baba where is 2.5 years you spent as an outsider and the 25 years I ve spent as a native..?

I have observed many times that you get unnecessarily judgemental...Don't assume you know everything about me as you have done for the second time in 3 days.
I am not assuming everything about you. You are assuming that you represent all South Indians.

I have lived with 6 Telugu guys and one Malayalee guy for 2.5 years. Right now one of my closest friends here in the US for the last 4 years is a Malayalee as well. Moreover, these people also have many South Indian friends and have lived in South India for a long time, combined together is much more than your age. You don't have to agree with me, just like you disagreed with me on that Saki Naka thingy. It is upto you. I will never agree with things you say that are in complete opposition with things I have seen with my own eyes. So I said, prima facie.

Perhaps I happen to know only the widely read South Indians? Sorry, that cannot be. It would be a clear cut violation of the laws of probability.

In any event, back to the point, Hinduism has become rigid and organised since the times of Manu. Let us assume most South Indians do not know about Manu, I am sure they know about caste system, right? So, yes, that is one evidence of organised religion.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No, not exactly. Sanatan Dharma / Hinduism is far diverse than what is covered in Manu Smriti or Guidelines by Manu. Not everyone follows Manu Laws. Hinduism has so many alternatives and so different rituals for same purpose. No wonder why Sanatan Dharma / Hindusim is guided by "Ekam Sat Vipra Bahudha Vadanti" and the very soul of it makes it unorganized.

pmaitra

No, not exactly. Sanatan Dharma / Hinduism is far diverse than what is covered in Manu Smriti or Guidelines by Manu. Not everyone follows Manu Laws. Hinduism has so many alternatives and so different rituals for same purpose. No wonder why Sanatan Dharma / Hindusim is guided by "Ekam Sat Vipra Bahudha Vadanti" and the very soul of it makes it unorganized.
True. Sanatan Dharma is far diverse, yet, there are strict laws that were followed in India, apadmastak (top to bottom), even a couple of decades ago. These strict structures and laws make Hinduism an organised religion. That is my point.

You will always find exceptions, but they are exactly that, exceptions or outliers.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am not assuming everything about you. You are assuming that you represent all South Indians.

I have lived with 6 Telugu guys and one Malayalee guy for 2.5 years. Right now one of my closest friends here in the US for the last 4 years is a Malayalee as well. Moreover, these people also have many South Indian friends and have lived in South India for a long time, combined together is much more than your age. You don't have to agree with me, just like you disagreed with me on that Saki Naka thingy. It is upto you. I will never agree with things you say that are in complete opposition with things I have seen with my own eyes. So I said, prima facie.

Perhaps I happen to know only the widely read South Indians? Sorry, that cannot be. It would be a clear cut violation of the laws of probability.
Just 6 Telugu guys and 1 Mallu guy (and for arguments sake their 50 friends) and you are arguing with me based on that. ?!? Get real as in 25 years you can get to know much more people from much more diverse backgrounds.

South India like North is mostly rural and how many rural folks in say TN or Kerala have you met up with to formulate your logic ? C'mon this is ridiculous. I stand by what I said about many South Indians not knowing who Manu was and just following Hinduism as a way of their life for millenia together with no "smritis" to guide them.

In any event, back to the point, Hinduism has become rigid and organised since the times of Manu. Let us assume most South Indians do not know about Manu, I am sure they know about caste system, right? So, yes, that is one evidence of organised religion
Wrong again. Caste system was brought in much later than Hinduism and the practises of caste are independent of religious practises.

I would call a religion organized if it has a founder, a written set of guidelines that is expected to be followed to the word, punishments/excommunications occur if they are not, and they have religious heads or some authority who is the ultimate authority etc. Hinduism satisfies none of these criteria. So how can it become organized ?

That being said, I wish as never before that Hinduism DO becomes more organized as other contemporary religions.

True. Sanatan Dharma is far diverse, yet, there are strict laws that were followed in India, apadmastak (top to bottom), even a couple of decades ago. These strict structures and laws make Hinduism an organised religion. That is my point.

You will always find exceptions, but they are exactly that, exceptions or outliers.
Actually these strict laws that were mostly followed by the Brahmins were the exceptions and the other class did not even know of these rules or gave two hots to that.

Just because a tiny section of Hindus followed a set of self-imposed/self-defined rules doesnt mean all others also followed it.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles