NIA books Italian marines for Kerela fishermen's murder

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
re: Italy Won't Send Accused Marines Back to India

Excellent..

We should kill some Italians off their coast and ensure that they are never sent either!

Decklander

The Italian Marines did come back after Christmas, respecting Kerala High Court. After Supreme Court's declaration that Indian Courts do not have independent jurisdiction over this matter, Italy is well within its rights to say the Marines won't return. Why are we not seeing things from the larger perspective?

Alarmist title of the article.
To tell you the truth, Indians courts never had a jurisdiction to try this act at international seas as per the International maritime laws to which India is a signatory. The firing took place good out at 20Nms as also corroborated by IN. The MARCOS of IN are also bound by same laws by which these Italians were bound. Kerala had no right to detain them or their ship in the first place. How do we define threat? A small boat comes to my ship and also asked to stay away, continues to do so. Whether my warnings are heard or not heard. I have reason to believe that they have heard me and are pressing ahead with attack against my ship. I am well within my rights to kill them irrespective of their intentions.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Italy has no respect for India or her people. All contracts signed with Italian companies should be revoked and issued to their Indian or French equivalents.

Blackwater

i knew it. once they are gone for 2nd time ,they wont come back:lol::lol:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

the situation has been compromised 90% by allowing the 2 to go home to vote ???? you mean italy didnt have electronic voting onlline facilities ? do they mean the ambassador of italy couldnt arrange a secret ballot for the two ? -then again they were allowed home for xmas !????! ...... the "body langauge" displayed by goi is
"ahem" "dont worry, take them back ....and errr ....uh uhem , well....uh ."......

..... as it was a fishing incident , i guess no surprises it seems fishy !!

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Excellent..

We should kill some Italians off their coast and ensure that they are never sent either!
Thread title refers to guilty marines. Cited article refers to accused marines. A correction is needed.

Last edited:

average american

Heres some of the Italians version of what happend.

Sounds a little weird.

In the court affidavit filed by the two marines urging the Kerala High Court to quash the FIR (First Information Report) against them, the document states:
"The master of the vessel increased the speed of the ship to 14 knots (about 28 km/per hour) and reduced the speed to 13 knots once the piracy attack was averted. The master also activated the Ship Security Alert System (SSAS) which sent out signals to the Italian Maritime Rescue and Coordination Centre (MRCC). The master also reported the incident on the mercury chart which links together and transfers information to the community including several navies across the world fighting piracy, including to the Indian Navy headquarters. The 'Military Report' was also done. A report was sent to MSCHOA at UK. Since the attempted attack was averted, the vessel continued on its scheduled course of journey."[7]
However, no documentary evidence to support the statement was submitted along with the affidavit to the Kerala High Court and therefore resulted in Justice P.S. Gopinathan rejecting the withdrawal of the FIR by observing:
"It is pertinent to note that no record was produced to show that the marines, before shooting down the fishermen, had even intimated any piracy threat to the Captain of the ship or that the Captain had recorded the same. Also there is no document in support of the plea that the Master had activated the Ship Alert Security System or that any signal was sent to the MRCC, Mercury chart or to any of the Navies across the world."[4]
Speaking to an Indian television channel on 18 May, Staffan de Mistura, the Italian Deputy Foreign Minister, said : "They (Italian naval marines) had tried to send some signals. They shot into the water and fired warning shots, some of which went in the wrong direction". He described the death of the two fishermen caused by the shooting as an "accidental killing" and an "unfortunate incident which everyone regrets. Our marines never wanted this to happen, but unfortunately it took place".[8][9][10]
2012 Italian shooting in the Arabian Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

average american

Italian investigations

Italian Prosecutor Elisabetta Ceniccola has opened an investigation in Rome against Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone of the San Marco Regiment attached to the Military Protection Department in accordance with Article 575 (homicide) of the Italian penal code in Rome."[63][64][65][66] Italian Deputy Foreign Minister Staffan De Mistura described the killing of the fishermen as accidental but insisted that Indian courts did not have jurisdiction over the incident.[67][68][69] He added : "Whatever be the judicial verdict in India, the marines would be tried for murder in Italy".[70]

On 10 May, prosecutors Cennicola and her colleague Francesco Scavo interviewed the other four marines after they had arrived back from India. They reportedly replied they didn't witness the shooting. The actual interrogations had been classified.[71]

On 3 January 2013, when Girone and Latorre were in Italy for a Christmas leave conceded by Indian court, and just before they had to go back to Kerala, Prosecutor Cennicola and her colleague Giancarlo Capaldo interviewed them for 5 hours.[72][73] Mr. Capaldo also stated to press that the international rogatory letter they had sent to their Indian counterparts has not yielded any results yet: no documentary material about investigation carried out in India had arrived to Rome so far.[73]

prateikf

Country flag
Re: Italy Won't Send Accused Marines Back to India

There is no need for the Italian marines to come back to India for trial. The compensation amount of Rs. 1 crore has already been paid and since this incident took place in international waters the marines could very well be tried in Italy. There is no need for us to get sentimental about this case but to think of it in a rational manner. Besides there are thousands of illegal Indian immigrants in Italy. How would it be should Italy decide to deport all of them? Italy is not an enemy national but a friendly nation with whom good ties should always be maintained.

Coalmine

Country flag

After elections Italian marines will give another reason to stay in Italy

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag

top government people can be bought/influenced. supreme court judges are not above suspicion. I hope I don't get contempt of court notice just for expressing my freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

And to imagine that the USA goes to any extent to get their man!

Remember Osama?

The USA just barged in, got them man, cocked a snoot at all in Pakistan and returned home!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

GoI must have has scripted all this. I mean after when SC gave judgement that state courts having no discretion.

I think we need good media analysts who can better predict such moves on national channels than reading such news with catchy headlines.

JBH22

Nothing on mainstream media?
anyways the life of 2 poor indian fishermen doesn't add up to the lives of Italian masters. Italian godmother tussi great ho.

arya

Country flag
Excellent..

do you think we india hai the ball. Forget itally we even cant make pressure on sl or nepal.

They know india is a soft state no one think for nation.

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned

thanks a lot Sonia gandi... SHIT... long live gandi family queen sonia prince Raul Vinci ... And itali...long live italy...and sonia's familly in italy... Pitty my indian people

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Italy has no respect for India or her people. All contracts signed with Italian companies should be revoked and issued to their Indian or French equivalents.
You are plain trolling here :D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The French sales rep from hell... :rofl:

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned

the situation has been compromised 90% by allowing the 2 to go home to vote ???? you mean italy didnt have electronic voting onlline facilities ? do they mean the ambassador of italy couldnt arrange a secret ballot for the two ? -then again they were allowed home for xmas !????! ...... the "body langauge" displayed by goi is
"ahem" "dont worry, take them back ....and errr ....uh uhem , well....uh ."......

..... as it was a fishing incident , i guess no surprises it seems fishy !!
U are bang on now... Its a play by both indian govt lead by SONIA GANDI (Italian) and Italian governtment. How can a murderer given right to vote and spend their christmas with family when family of two fisher men morns ? Its a national shame when Salman Kurshid say its a collective diccison by all Indian today..Shamelessly...Will the italian shown the same respect toward indian if we killed their fisher men for fun or carelessly ? Its a joke on face of Peopple of INDIA ... DEMOCRAZYYYY :( am hurt

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned

do you think we india hai the ball. Forget itally we even cant make pressure on sl or nepal.

They know india is a soft state no one think for nation.
even terrorist have support of human rights activists in india but not indian army men or ppl of india

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles