New Zealand school teaches Sanskrit and claims it helps children understand English

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
NEVADA (US): A school in New Zealand has a 'Sanskrit Language Studies' programme and claims that learning Sanskrit accelerates a child's reading ability.

Ficino School in Mt Eden area of Auckland (New Zealand) calls itself a 'values-based academic institution' and offers education for girls and boys from year one to eight. It says about Sanskrit: "It has a wonderful system of sound and grammar, which gives the child an excellent base for the study of any language. Children love its order and beauty."

Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed has applauded Ficino School for fostering universal virtues and encouraging Sanskrit studies and adds that Sanskrit has a close relationship with other classical languages like Latin, Greek, French, German, etc.

According to Peter Crompton, principal of this school founded in 1997, where curriculum includes "food for the mind, food for the spirit, food for the body", "Sanskrit with its almost perfect grammatical system...provides children with a roadmap for understanding English." Sanskrit not only gives young learners a clear understanding of the structure of language, it also heightens their awareness of the process of speech, creating a greater understanding of and ability to, enunciate words clearly, Crompton adds.

Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, pointed out that Sanskrit should be restored to its rightful place. It needed to be brought to the mainstream and hidden scientific truths in ancient Sanskrit literature should be brought to light, he said.

Rajan Zed strongly criticized India Government for not doing enough for Sanskrit language. He asked India Government to do much more for the development, propagation, encouragement and promotion of Sanskrit in India and the world, which was essential for the development of India and preservation of its cultural heritage. Sanskrit also provided the theoretical foundation of ancient sciences.

Besides Hindu scriptures, a vast amount of Buddhist and Jain scriptures were also written in Sanskrit, which is known as "the language of the gods". According to tradition, self-born God created Sanskrit, which is everlasting and divine. The oldest scripture of mankind still in common use, Rig-Veda, was written in Sanskrit, Zed added.

Mahatma Gandhi said, "Without the study of Sanskrit, one cannot become a true learned man." German philologist Max Muller added, "Sanskrit is the greatest language of the world."

The Times of India on Mobile

Iamanidiot

Cow pee connieseurs will be masturbating reading this news as a victory of hinduism

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
In middle school, we had to choose between Hindi and Sanskrit. Before that they made us study both langauges for a year.
I'd be honest, I counted my days to get rid of Sanskrit.
While I knew Sanskrit's merit, I liked Hindi too much and to top that - hated the Sanskrit teacher :p

Regards,
Virendra

Vyom

Seeker
I was not just good at Sanskrit, could hardly comprehend the grammar. It was too funny to talk in Sanskrit.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In middle school, we had to choose between Hindi and Sanskrit. Before that they made us study both langauges for a year.
While I knew Sanskrit's merit, I liked Hindi too much and to top that - hated the Sanskrit teacher :p

Regards,
Virendra
I am sure a hot Sanskrit teacher would have made you love the language too :p

Param

Regards,
Virendra
School kids are lucky in the North. In the name of following a three language policy they can learn a language like Sanskrit. Even though its a great language it is hardly used in day to day life in a large scale or in official communication.

But kids down south have to learn Hindi under the 3 language policy.

PS:Sanskrit syllabus was much easier than Hindi syllabus atleast in cbse. I used to score high in Sanskrit but poor in Hindi.

Vyom

Seeker
I was not just good at Sanskrit, could hardly comprehend the grammar. It was too funny to talk in Sanskrit.
But nothing like it when it takes rhythm, just listen to one of those classicals.

Param

NEVADA (US):

Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed has applauded Ficino School for fostering universal virtues and encouraging Sanskrit studies and adds that Sanskrit has a close relationship with other classical languages like Latin, Greek, French, German, etc.
I wonder how that is possible. Since sanskrit is supposed to have evolved in India along with our very own desi aryans how come european languages are closely related?:confused:

Blackwater

Regards,
Virendra
lucky you.where i studied(kendriya vidhyala) both Hindi and Sanskrit were compulsory ...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It says,

So proto Indo Europoen is older than sanskrit? OK

Where did it evolve?
i hear that alva word if used for horse in sanskit, greek and also in central asia.

Vyom

Seeker
It says,

So proto Indo Europoen is older than sanskrit? OK

Where did it evolve?
It is a hypothetical construct to explain how these languages are inter-related. Don't ever think that humans would have the real ability to peek into the ancient times even before known history was born, until they can make a time machine.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Cow pee connieseurs will be masturbating reading this news as a victory of hinduism
While secularist loonies would be cursing the "militant dangers of Hinduism" and how its barbarity spreads. :lol:

Either ways, the Evil Hindoos will now scare Pakistanis all the more.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Wow, so the kids are going to learn Sanskrit and do some Voodoo shit? :D

KS

Bye bye DFI
Everyone appreciates our culture, except perhaps ourselves.

@GK Whats that avatar...Can you link me up to the bigger resolution ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles